BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: I hit the jackpot again!!!!
bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-19-2005 at 08:38 PM
I hit the jackpot again!!!!

When you're lucky, you're lucky!

Was driving in town this evening to meet friends for dinner at Chuy's on Mar de Cortez in San Felipe. I looked at my watch and told my wife - Oh 10 seconds late. We're about 1 1/2 blocks from the resturant.

WoooWoooWooo - Red and blue and white flashing lights in the rear view mirror. Ok I pulled over and waited for the friendly policeman to come up to the truck. Buenos tardes was exchanged then he said "Alto no bueno" "What?? didn't I stop at the stop sign? "Stop no bueno" OK License? OK gave him my license and he said "Follow me to the police station" OK - Then my wife got out to walk to the resturante and explain my delay. (Just for your information I have always confused San Felipe with Hollywood regarding stop signs)

At the station, I'm pointed where to park and he comes over with the ticket book. Que ano? 92 I answered, "Where do you stay in San Felipe?" Rancho Eldorado. "OK Bueno" He filled out the ticket and showed me where to sign, then into the station. Returned my license and asked for the keys to the truck saying "Pay ticket and get keys back" He gave me the ticket and I went around to the front of the building to the judicial office. They told me the fine but spoke to rapidly for me to understand so I asked "How Much?" He then hit the calculator and gave me a figure in dollars. My how times change - they used to not accept dollars. "In pesos por favor" So he then slowly gave me the figure in pesos. Ok I counted out the fine and he entered the ticket and payment in the computer and gave me a receipt.
Took the receipt to the dispatcher and she made note on the ticket that it was paid and here's my keys.
Out of the station and back to the resturant. I am seated in the resturant 25 min. after I was stopped.

The fine - 117 - pesos that is.

Another day in paradise!!!

:biggrin::biggrin:

No Bad Days

\"Never argue with an idiot. People watching may not be able to tell the difference\"

\"The trouble with doing nothing is - how do I know when I\'m done?\"

Nomad Baja Interactive map

And in the San Felipe area - check out Valle Chico area
Mike Humfreville
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-19-2005 at 09:11 PM

The pesos were cheap. The integrity was dear. Los pesos son barato. Honrado es muy caro. Thanks for your story.
Mexitron
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Happy!

[*] posted on 4-19-2005 at 10:00 PM

Way to go Lou!
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 4-20-2005 at 06:59 AM

that is good luck . but how was the dinner?

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-20-2005 at 08:43 AM

Dinner great as olways. Chuy does food good..

I have a couple more before I get to 3 don't I?

:tumble:

No Bad Days

\"Never argue with an idiot. People watching may not be able to tell the difference\"

burro bob
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-20-2005 at 02:43 PM

Lou
This isn't a travel article. It is a moving violation article.
If you had just paid the mordida the time you ran over all the cops with the van full of marijuana you wouldn't be having these problems.
burro bob
lizard lips
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-20-2005 at 02:57 PM

I thought this was a Vegas win! I just got back from playing a Golf Tourney in Mesquite---I won the Tourney and also hit 2 Royal Flushes on the poker machines. I came home with $5500.00 First time I ever hit a royal and first time I ever came home with more money than I came with!:D

neilmac
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-20-2005 at 03:32 PM

Lou;

Ten dollars for blowing a stop sign?

you ought to find the cop & give him a tip. <G>

Neil
bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-20-2005 at 04:28 PM

$10 for running a stop sign.

Now if you didn't know that, how much would you offer the cop to avoid the ticket? You're thinking US prices. What's on in Calif now - about $80? If you offered $20 and he took it, you're way behind.

:biggrin:

No Bad Days

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.