BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Pyramid Resort Book Signing III, a success!
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

thumbup.gif posted on 4-24-2005 at 10:52 AM
Pyramid Resort Book Signing III, a success!

Big thanks to Keri for another great time at the Pyramid Resort's Baja Book Signing Fiesta!:yes:

Elizabeth and I had a great time and enjoyed our visit with Friends/ Nomads, both old and new.

She and I crossed into Mexico Friday afternoon and had a GREAT lobster dinner at CHELA'S in Puerto Nuevo ($12 for a medium incl. soup, guacamole & chips, rice & beans).

Our room at the Pyramid was great... the best... the ocean roar was tranquilizing, the room's comfort was outstanding.

Baja Bernie gave us an excellent breakfast recommendation Saturday morning... Go to La Salina harbor, through the security gate, and there is a bar/restaurant with covered and open seating next to the boat launching ramp. It was GREAT! Chorizo and eggs, fresh squeezed orange juice, coffee and tortillas (for us both) was only $6 each.

Back to the Pyramid to set up...

We had a table to sell Dave Werschkul's book 'Saints and Demons in a Desert Wilderness' and hand out a few 'got baja?' stickers. But mostly, I was looking forward to visit with other Baja Nomads and book authors...

Of the new folks I met, I chatted with BajaJudy (BajaBooksandMaps.com), Danielle Reveles ('Tequila Lemon & Salt', 'Enchiladas Rice & Beans', 'Salsa & Chips') and John Lee (Herb Albert Whipped Cream Album thread). I know there were more good Baja people I talked with as well...

My old friends at the event included 'Baja Bernie' & Lu Ann; Mike, Mary Ann & Miguelito Humfreville; 'GeoRock' (Suzanne); 'jeans'; 'M' (Michelle); Graham Mackintosh; 'elgatoloco' (Matt) & 'BajaBarb'; 'TheSquarecircle' (Roy); Greg Niemann (Baja Legends & Baja Fever); Doug Means, Michelle, Andrew, & Ryland (BajaNomad); Cyndi ('Cyndarouh'); Dennis ('LOVE2GO2BAJA'); 'Mexico Ted' (Baja Talk Radio); 'Satellite Man' (Arman) & Kelly, Jennifer Redmond (Sunbelt Publ.); and more...

Lot's of great door prizes and raffle gifts... Elizabeth won a La Fonda Spa package.

After the book signing and door prizes was the fantastic pot luck dinner and dessert... SO MUCH GREAT FOOD!

Man, what a day! After the dinner GeoRock conducted her famous tequila tasting event... alas, Elizabeth and I had to go before that started (otherwise we probably COULDN'T drive home)!

The border wait Saturday night was just under one hour (8:54 to 9:51 pm)... Doug (BajaNomad) and I got into different lines nearly the same time and we cell phoned each other our progress. Of interest, Doug used the free road all the way from the Pyramid (except through downtown Rosarito) and I used the toll road the whole way... and we both arrived at the border wait almost the same time.

I am already looking forward to Book Signing IV!

Gracias Keri!!

I HAVE MUCHO PHOTOS... so, look for them in a day or two!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 4-24-2005 at 04:45 PM

... oh, the weather was great too... some clouds at mid-day... but clear and warm later...

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Cyndarouh
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-25-2005 at 07:12 AM

Keri an Mike, I also would like to Thank You for an Wonderful day. I truly enjoyed my Day. Now to read, the Wonderful new books I brought home with me. Hugs to you All For an Outsanding Day
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-25-2005 at 03:54 PM
Thanks Keri

What a wonderful event. The weather was beautiful. There were a lot of people there...many nomads...you know who you were(I hope!) The potluck was delicious. My only regret is that Jim and I were so tired that we had to pass on the Tequila tasting...I hope that you all survived that!
Muchas Gracias, mi amiga

Debra
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-25-2005 at 05:05 PM

Just ignore it "Baja Angel" some people just have to search for the negative, why? I have no idea.......bored? Maybe.....just enjoy Baja and the positive people.....it's all good!

Great to have met you and welcome to the board.........

[Edited on 4-26-2005 by Debra]
jeans
Super Nomad

Mood: Encantada

[*] posted on 4-25-2005 at 05:32 PM

I too enjoyed the party. I had a table representing Binational Emergency Medical Care Commitee. I sold a few memberships and was able to spread the word on their invaluable service.

One man said he'd heard about them...apparently there was this woman who broke her hip at Alfonsina's and......

Mom's famous!

The Tequila Tasting was fun, but I admit to having an unsophisticated palette. Except for the REAL terrible and the REAL good, they all taste about the same. ("Real good" means it doesn't make me shudder). I haven't had a taste of straight tequila since the last book party.

Mike H. brought the winning tequila, he'll have to tell you what it was, but Georock, who was running the event is still in Baja with M. It had not occurred to me to have her give me the notes to post for everyone.

I brought Orendain Ollitas Reposado 100% Pure Agave. It came in 2nd or 3rd.

This was M's first trip to Baja since all the trouble she had with her 2 hip surgeries and multiple dislocations (6 I think??) She is doing fine and was absolutely thrilled to see old friends and to be heading to Bahia De Los Angeles with Georock for the week.

Wish I was with them!

Thank you Keri for all the work you did to put this on!

Mom always told me to be different - Now she says...Not THAT different
Baja Angel
Junior Nomad

Mood: ...just cruisin'

[*] posted on 4-25-2005 at 06:20 PM
Thanks Debra !

I had such a great time at the book singing party and met alot of really awesome people :biggrin:
Its really fun to be able to put faces (and personalities) with some of the names on here.

Keri set us up in such a nice room, I had a hard time leaving... and I can't wait to get back down south of the border!
Yes, I do believe I'm getting (or already got) Baja Fever!
:saint:

[Edited on 4-26-2005 by Baja Angel]
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 4-25-2005 at 08:54 PM

I am working on a web page to show lots of photos from the event... here are some to give you guys a tease...
The Humfreville's and elgatoloco...

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 4-25-2005 at 08:56 PM

Daniel Reveles (Enchiladas, Rice & Beans, Salsa & Chips, Tequila, Lemon & Salt) with Baja Angel and David K...

[Edited on 4-26-2005 by David K]

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 4-25-2005 at 08:58 PM

BajaNomad (Doug and son Ryland), Cindarouh, Baja Bernie...

[Edited on 4-26-2005 by David K]

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 4-25-2005 at 09:01 PM

'M' (Michelle) winning a door prize!

Okay folks, give me a few hours and I will have all the photos to show you on a web page... stay tuned!

MexicoTed
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-25-2005 at 09:59 PM

Keri,

I too had a great time, albeit short. I just wish I could have spent the night and enjoyed the tequila tasting. Unfortuantely, because of prior committments I had to show up a little late and leave before the real fun began. I did enjoy seeing those of you who I have met before and those who I finally met. I also had a nice ride home with Daniel Reveles to Tecate.

Good job Keri and hope to see all of you in El Rosario.

Ted
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 4-26-2005 at 12:52 AM
PHOTOS!

Here is the link to my PHOTO WEB PAGE of the Pyramid Resort's third Baja Book Signing Fiesta...

Baja Book Event III

capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

puzzled.gif posted on 4-26-2005 at 04:57 AM
what about the wine??!!

no reports?.......

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
John Lee

[*] posted on 4-26-2005 at 08:21 AM

Well I made it back to Kansas late last night. We had a great flight home and getting across the border (Y.S.) Monday morning took only 40 mins! (9:55 ~ 10:35am)

Keri, we had a great time and I look forward to the next time to Baja (I usually hit it twice a year) even if it doesn?t fall on the book signing.

It was great to meet so many of you folks. Doug you have an awesome forum. It was good to meet you. Ted was fascinating to talk to. I will be tuning in to his broadcast. David K. Thanks for posting your pics. Those are some great shots and captured the spirit of the afternoon. The last shot with Doug, Matt and Mike looking out over the bluff was special!

A special thanks to Tim for the La Fonda Del Rio gift certificate that he won in the raffle but could not use. Tim, we put it to good use. We shared a Lobster feast and, contrary to what someone else wrote, (don?t remember who now) our bugs were as big as what anyone else serves in the area. Everything was good. Their dinner salads are superior to La Fonda and the black bean soup is on par. Not sure I like Del Rio?s rice that much though, but the service was awesome and Del Rio?s has a great location and view.

Matt & Tim: It was fun talking to you about tequila. Matt, I would love to hear more about your collection some day.

For all of you that missed the Tequila tasting, I would say that it was great fun and if you love tequila you should not miss this in the future. I won?t pretend to speak for others, but it is not the drunk fest that it sounds like. Most of us took it pretty serious and I did not walk away drunk. GeoRock did a very commendable job organizing the tasting and she should be given congrats for keeping it on track - down to the vote tallying. That takes concentration after such a long day.

Capt Mike, there was only one wine table. Keri had another one lined up but they didn?t show for some reason. So not much to report on there.

[Edited on 4-26-2005 by John Lee]
Bajagato
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-26-2005 at 08:25 AM
John lee...

Where in Kansas do you live?

And, I am with you, I did not care for the rice at Del Rios either. LOL
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 4-26-2005 at 08:29 AM

John,
It was nice meeting you and you wife Saturday... drat, I didn't take your picture!:no:

Capt. Mike, you should have been there to taste the wines... samples of white, rose, and a mix red were generously given... along with cheeses and bread by that one winery that showed... Keri will need to supply the name, but I think they are from San Antonio de las Minas...:?:

John Lee

[*] posted on 4-26-2005 at 09:15 AM

Bajagato,

I live in Wichita. I try to go to The Gold Coast of Baja twice a year. Other than the Cabo tip (East cape, Todos Santos), I've never been south of La Bufodera (sp?). But someday...someday... I want to vivist the entire cost. Maybe when I retire.
John Lee

[*] posted on 4-26-2005 at 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
John,
It was nice meeting you and you wife Saturday... drat, I didn't take your picture!:no:

Capt. Mike, you should have been there to taste the wines... samples of white, rose, and a mix red were generously given... along with cheeses and bread by that one winery that showed... Keri will need to supply the name, but I think they are from San Antonio de las Minas...:?:

That's okay David - wouldn't want to break your camera. And you are right, that winery was from SADLM. Can't remember the name - which is pathetic - as much of a wine nut as I am. I actually think the wines of the Guadalupe Valley are quite good. I took a tour of Domeq & LA Cetto last year and was very impressed.
marla
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-26-2005 at 02:34 PM

Thanks for doing the photos David I enjoyed seeing what I missed! And M's new hairdo is really cute.

If a man walks in the woods for love of them half of each day, he is in danger of being regarded as a loafer. But if he spends his days as a speculator, shearing off those woods and making the earth bald before her time, he is deemed an industrious and enterprising citizen. Henry David Thoreau
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.