BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Pyramid Resort Book Signing III, a success!
tim40
Senior Nomad

Mood: There yet?

[*] posted on 4-26-2005 at 03:09 PM

You and Laura are most welcome John and thank you for the review. We will give it a try our next time down. It was a delight to meet you and sooo many others. Now, if I could only get the real and chat names together I would really have it all.

The big question is: did Laura return to Kansas? I would have bet many things that she would have given you a kiss on the lips and a pat on your back as you boarded the airplane. Seeing the Baja coast fresh through her eyes is a wonderful refresher on just how special the place is. Tim

T

When searching for the end of your rainbow you only have until dusk....
John Lee

[*] posted on 4-26-2005 at 07:11 PM

Tim,

Pretty astute about your observation of Laurie (not Laura but that's ok). She said several times on Sunday and Monday morning that she didn't want to leave (and she wasn't kidding) and that she now knows where she wants to move to.

And really it was great seeing Baja through her eyes. I warned her about the squalor of the area and the area, while it offers much to support tourism, IMO is not very "touristy" (a good thing for me).

I hear many complain about that Baja Norte is getting too touristy but I've been going for years and I'll take it over Cabo, Acapulco, Puerta Vallarta, Cancun, Cozmel, etc... anytime. Most of Baja is REAL Mexico - where you see squalor and the way real Mexico lives. For me that is part of the charm. The prices are realistic, not ridiculous like Cabo for example. I don't know how long it will stay that way, but I suspect it will always have some of that magic for us. If it hasn't gotten rotten yet - even with its proximity to San Diego and All of SoCal then perhaps it never will? I mean the area between TJ and Ensenada alone, is within 3-3.5 hours of over some 12 million Americans (or more)?

Any way I was concerned that Laurie would be rattled by the poverty and not see the beauty that is deep within the area. It obviusly didn't bother her at all - ha ha. She loved it. Wants me to start planning the next trip (hopefully this fall).

I actually would like to spend a few days in San Felipe - never been there but I have read about and studied the area for quite some time. It's about time I ventured to the Sea of Cortez someday. The only time I have been to the Cortez side, was on the Cabo East Cape (Cabo Pulma) back in 1998 or 1999.

John
Baja Bernie
`Normal` Nomad Correspondent

Mood: Just dancing through life

[*] posted on 4-27-2005 at 02:57 PM
Me No

I had to laugh at you crazy statements! Granted I do not know you but I do know David and consider him a friend.
Your statements are boadering on much more than the silly.

I have worked very closely with Keri for the past three years in an attempt to make this a truly International Event where authors from both countries come together to celebrate our mutual love of Baja. I guess you could say that I have a vested interest in seeing that this event is 'successful' Many people help in the endeavor and David is a minor BUT inportant player--as are several other people---*******************.

The EVENT was a HUGE success THANKS to all of the positive people who worked on it and who attended it because of their love of Baja.

Keri and I are sure to follow up with an even greater HAPPENING next year.

Thank you so much for allowing me this opening to brag!!!!!

And Thanks to Keri for allowing me to help her make HER idea a success. What a Lady!

[Edited on 4-27-2005 by Baja Bernie]

[Edited on 4-28-2005 by BajaNomad]

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
Baja Bernie

[*] posted on 4-27-2005 at 04:15 PM
JR

My friend---you are not the only perosn on this board that is allowed to have a bit of fun. *********** friend of yours ******************************** --I consider myself one of those. So chill out and glad to see you back---Where the hell in my Black Bamboo--been over a year??????

[Edited on 4-28-2005 by BajaNomad]

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-27-2005 at 04:31 PM
True Bernie

I don't have much in the way of friends because of something called worthiness:lol: I do on the other hand have many non white friends because I prefer folks who sing every day!
Black bamboo is still in the plans but it's probably easier to get in the states. On the other hand though, I just finished planting Guadua bamboo. Diameter of about 6 " and it's sprouting and growing.:bounce:
Glad you guys had a fun event at Keris.
Baja Bernie

[*] posted on 4-27-2005 at 04:45 PM
JR

Hey! I'm not brown but I do sing every day! Does that work????

jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-27-2005 at 04:49 PM
I said non white

and that covers a lot of territory my friend. And it has always been a sense of pride to consider you a friend amigo no matter which color you may be, the key part is the singing:lol:
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-5-2005 at 03:11 PM

David, thanks for the photos. Just got back from 2-weeks on the road touring the upper mid-west. The photos are great. I hope to make it next year. See all of you, hopefully, the end of July in El Rosario! (Baja Cactus get-together!)
Bob H

The SAME boiling water that softens the potato hardens the egg. It's about what you are made of NOT the circumstance.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 5-5-2005 at 03:27 PM

Thanks Bob!

The Pyramid event om Apr. 23 was followed a week later by Guadalupe Canyon trip! You can see those photos too...

Just click on my link (below) to my Baja Notebook. I re-edited it last night with links to each trip web page taken this year... and the Save Mision Santa Maria project note and photos.

See you at Baja Cactus, El Rosario July 22-24 for the big festival! 'El Rosario' will be 231 years old on July 20 (1774-2005)!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.