BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Georock and M (need a favor)
Bajagato
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-25-2005 at 07:25 PM
Georock and M (need a favor)

hi! hope you guys are having a great time in bay of LA. I am not sure if you will go to one of the internet sites while you are there or not.
I have a favor to ask (and if these two nomads do not read this WHILE in BOLA, I am asking if anyone can do this)
Bajaddict and I, left a Geocache south of Camp Gecko back in December. It should be easy to find and I will give the coordiantes, I am assuming that Hummer has a GPS), the thing is, the first person to find it has told us that the container is shot. I am wondering of you can get a container of some sort, tupperware will do temporarily, and replace the destroyed one. Its an adventure, so it will be fun, but I understand if you are busy, or if you can not find some sort of container. I just thought I would use my network of Baja Nomads to help me out, as I think it may be some time before I get down to BOLA.
The coordinates are N 28? 47.325 W 113? 31.965
If you do not have a GPS, I totally understand. And in that case, we'll see if anyone else can help us out. I will of course reimburse anyone for the new container. I guess the elements were not kind to the last plastic container, but a NEW "any type" is better that what it is sitting in now. Plus, there are some neat goodies in it. Of course if the rain got to do, all the stuff might be ruined. Anyway, thats my favor....
THANKS
Bajagato
4baja
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-26-2005 at 06:16 AM

i'll be down soon and will look it up if they cant, i have a gps.:coolup:
Desertbull
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-26-2005 at 09:30 AM

Stevo's GPS is powered by Pacifico...and the only waypoints in it are heavy fish laden spots and beer distributors...:lol:

Take one of your Ammo Cans bro...

Call me!

DREAM IT! PLAN IT! LIVE IT!
marla
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-26-2005 at 02:32 PM

Oh THAT's why neither one of those gals has returned my calls this week! You are down there having a good time!

If a man walks in the woods for love of them half of each day, he is in danger of being regarded as a loafer. But if he spends his days as a speculator, shearing off those woods and making the earth bald before her time, he is deemed an industrious and enterprising citizen. Henry David Thoreau
marla
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-26-2005 at 02:33 PM

Georock if you have time when you come back up thru OC call me and let's have a meal together.

If a man walks in the woods for love of them half of each day, he is in danger of being regarded as a loafer. But if he spends his days as a speculator, shearing off those woods and making the earth bald before her time, he is deemed an industrious and enterprising citizen. Henry David Thoreau
Bajagato
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-28-2005 at 08:19 AM

well the post got buried so I thought I'd post to see if the gals see it. I had another person visit the geocache and they reported that the contents seemed to thrown about (maybe a cow?)and the rains probably damaged some of it. They place some of the contents, at least the log, in a plasic bag. So at least there is a log there in the mean time. Guess when I get down there next I'l have to fill it back up with goodies.
4baja, if you can do the honors of replacing the container, we'll be so appreciative. Plus we'll buy ya beer or two, next visit to Gecko! Thanks!

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.