BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Rocky Racoon: Asking for Sun stroke and nasty sunburn remedies?
RandyMacSC/SO
Special Correspondent

[*] posted on 4-26-2005 at 01:07 AM
Rocky Racoon: Asking for Sun stroke and nasty sunburn remedies?

After all the sh77 I managed to get myself into in the past year, especially, the last major test of my life (food poisoning back in February), I am amazed that I am still alive to even type this in to ask for some suggestions to manage some relief. And I can type fast.

Today was and may still might be a real good day but I'm not so certain that even my positive nature can change this one for the better. The real nasty consequences of my own stupidity to not know the path of the sun and how long an area would remain shady could spell real trouble later tonight and the major symptoms are showing up just as I am trying to type this in to see if anyone has any suggestions or solutions for sunstroke and real bad sunburns?.

BOZZO THAT I CAN BE
I went hiking today down river, instead of up river where I know the territory like the back of my hand. After a while of pure enjoyment of walking to just take life much easier for a good change, I decided to take a rest and stopped at a beautiful sandy beach on the river just south of my home town down towards the USA border from Canada.

And since I rarely gift myself enough silence or sleep, I made sure today, to make a special effort to take a much needed rest SO I relax more in life. I managed to find a real shadey spot and I did consider how long the area would remain shady but I must have miscalculated I could be paying for my mistake bigtime later this evening or tomorrow as the 15 minutes rest stop turned into a few hours where I was finally woken up by a friend that came by, and I am so thankful for that.

Fried like a egg RACOON MAN = Sunglasses on in shaded area and then the area was not so shady later and I made a big misjudment and I got fried. I think I might just have to get myself commmitted to a padded room or something tommorrow as this is not good to get this close to the grave again. Someone is trying to tell me something here and if I wasn't listening well enough before I am now.

What was a great wonderful day is now turning ugly with symptoms of major sunstroke setting in on top of the massive sunburns. Oh how I wish I was in Baja and could just swim or climb into the salt ocean or sea water to sooth this crappy feeling out and get it over with now.

My OWN SUCKER for punishment.
I never ever got sun burnt ever while living in Mexico or at any time that I can remember during all my time spent in the Baja as I was always careful, mainly as a result of having gone through a real nasty bout of sunstroke when I was young and melinoma long ago.

Flash forward to today and now I might just be in deep and need to ask some bright Baja Nomads for some help or from anyone that has a good solution to help ease these nasty sunburns and the symptoms of what appears to be sunstroke settling in. Even though I can get to the hospital, I do believe that just resting is the best solution, as I can't stand hospitals especially after my local hometown hospital and two doctors misdiagnosed my health back in December last year.

I have applied all the stuff for burns etc as I took the first courses etc, and I have applied enough Aloe vera gel and zinc Bacitracin cream to choke a horse, and since I was wearing sun glasses during this snoozztime event of my infinite misplaced wisdom, I now look like a cross between a red faced baboon and a drunken racoon that has real bright glowing red checks and the burns down my chest are so bad I feel like I am going to spontaneously combust right now.

SO in my infinite wisdom of airheadedness, to just relax, I forgot the most important thing, that the sun here in southern British Columbia is more intense at certain times in the year than how hot and intense the sun can get in Mexico or Baja. It gets well over 100 degrees here in Trail many times in the summer and today was one real hot sunny day all day.

Any suggestions for a boozo that feels like he could heat up or give off enough heat to melt a large New York City block sized iceberg? And oh how I am thankful that I wasn't drinking beer at all or it could be even worse as it could turn into a real big cooker shaker.

:o

RandyMacsc/SO

[Edited on 4-26-2005 by RandyMacSC/SO]

==============================================
Ole' Irish saying (Gaelic): 'Go neirigh an bothar leat, go mbeidh an gaoth choiche sa droim agat, is go mbeidh tu thuas ar neamh leath-uair roimh is eol don diabhal go bhuil tu marbh'.... OR 'May the road rise up to meet you, May the wind always be at your back, and May you be in Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead'

RandyMacSC/SO
Special Correspondent

[*] posted on 4-26-2005 at 01:12 AM

I should take a photo and post SO I can remind myself of how important it is to respect the sun's rays.

Ole' Irish saying (Gaelic): 'Go neirigh an bothar leat, go mbeidh an gaoth choiche sa droim agat, is go mbeidh tu thuas ar neamh leath-uair roimh is eol don diabhal go bhuil tu marbh'.... OR 'May the road rise up to meet you, May the wind always be at your back, and May you be in Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead'

Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-26-2005 at 01:17 AM

before I read any farther.... YOU go take two asprin and apply copious amounts of aloe-vera gel. If you do this you will see much relief.... do it now!

DON\'T SQUINT! Give yer eyes a break!
Try holding down [control] key and toggle the [+ and -] keys

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-26-2005 at 01:20 AM

rehydrate yourself with water and try to keep area from chafing. Are blisters forming?

That asprin is not for pain... it dilates the capillaries which in turn help rebuild the damaged tissue.

[Edited on 4-26-2005 by Sharksbaja]

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
RandyMacSC/SO
Special Correspondent

[*] posted on 4-26-2005 at 01:30 AM

Thanks sharksbaja as I have rehydrated and I knew I was forgetting something will do my new friend.

Thanks going to do it now...

Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-26-2005 at 01:40 AM
remember the sun block

or my wife will kill me(or you, even)!
good luck, Iam off to la-la.

If you are feeling sick and very uncomfortable it may be necessary to seek help. You have sun-poisoned yourself.
You may have a serious condition that requires professional care.
check out a good website for more info on this:

http://health.yahoo.com/ency/adam/000062/treatment

[Edited on 4-26-2005 by Sharksbaja]

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
RandyMacSC/SO
Special Correspondent

[*] posted on 4-26-2005 at 01:57 AM

Holly guacmole there is no pain but the shaking can stop any time now. Man I really screwed up nmtthis timeh

RandyMacSC/SO
Special Correspondent

[*] posted on 4-26-2005 at 02:01 AM
shaken is not so much fun way to go holly guacamole it will be no sun for a while 4 me

Im goin g to lay down now and hope the dang weirdo looking creatures don't come out of the ceili ng again like the last time, as that can be a pass 4 me. No necessito 4 me again. My girlfrind lo lo is goinna kick my butt big time for this stupid move.I told her I was all right so I woul;dnt wory her.. and it snot gona be easy to spne thois on e.

She just found out bout the food poison event I had in France earlier this year and she got real freaked out that UI need to be padded up or somerhtin.

Chow thanks just in case I can't say it later stop shaken anytime now. This is not so good.

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=8530#pid65200

Cincodemayo
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-26-2005 at 11:11 AM

Randy..
If possible find a tanning salon and buy a product by Cal Tan called Insurance. Put it on every hour and you will get immediate relief from the damaged skin cells. Contains aloe, callendula,shea butter,cucumber and many other great healing ingredients. It's a burn relief gel that will help great!

Don\'t get mad...
Get EVEN.
Osprey
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-26-2005 at 12:14 PM

Ice, vinegar, ice, vinegar, etc, etc for hours and hours -- tomorrow you'll be a new man.
bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-26-2005 at 01:29 PM

Recomended by a burn recovery nurse and myself - I get burns regularly. Silvadine - a ointment by prescription in the US and over the counter in Mexico. Stops the pain and gets healing going right away. I cary it in all my vehicles and have it in the house and in the garage - which is where I usually get burned. One application does miracles. For the times that Aloe Vera plants aren't around.

:biggrin:

No Bad Days

\"Never argue with an idiot. People watching may not be able to tell the difference\"

\"The trouble with doing nothing is - how do I know when I\'m done?\"

Nomad Baja Interactive map

And in the San Felipe area - check out Valle Chico area

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.