Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: My new restaurant
JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-30-2005 at 03:07 PM
My new restaurant

Hey everybody, it seems that after planning this for a few years, my project of opening a nouveau Mexican restaurant is now a real posibility. I have
been very secretive about this project because i wanted to have everything in order, but it seems that it might become a posibility this year if everything goes right. I am open to any ideas you might have, as i am considering everything from the name to the color of the place and the decor. I have two options right now, one is to build a small but new place, or the other is to take over the Hacienda Cien A?os restaurant wich is located right next to Saverios in Rio Tijuana, they are in a little trouble right now and are willing to partner with us to start from scratch, the great thing about this last posibility is that as many of you know, the restaurants is huge and very beautiful.

Any help or suggestions will be very appreciated, and off course you will all be invited to the opening ( with a few well known exceptions):tumble:

I know many of you have been to a lot of great Mexican restaurants in your travels, so please contribute those little details that made those restaurants special. I will do my very best to incorporate the best of everything into this. I expect most of my clientele to be middle to upper class Mexican, and a small portion of americano people as well.

[Edited on 4-30-2005 by JESSE]
Tucker
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-30-2005 at 03:25 PM

Congratulations and good luck Jesse!

\"I think it would be a good idea.\"
-- Mahatma Gandhi, when asked what he thought of Western civilization
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 4-30-2005 at 03:29 PM

good luck Jesse that is a big task you are taking on.

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-30-2005 at 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bruce R Leech
good luck Jesse that is a big task you are taking on.

Gracias Bruce,

I have been involved a lot in restructuring troubled restaurants in tha past, because i used to work for a popular theme restaurant, but this is a whole different thing, i have the energy and the drive, just need a little sprinkle of luck.
bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-30-2005 at 03:53 PM

I have absolutly no ideas for you but surly wish you well - a very tough thing these days - making a go of it in the resturant business - good luck Jessie.

:biggrin:

No Bad Days

\"Never argue with an idiot. People watching may not be able to tell the difference\"

\"The trouble with doing nothing is - how do I know when I\'m done?\"

Nomad Baja Interactive map

And in the San Felipe area - check out Valle Chico area
bajalera
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-30-2005 at 04:10 PM

Good luck to you, Jesse--I hope things go well.

Lera

\"Very few things happen at the right time, and the rest never happen at all. The conscientious historian will correct these defects.\" - Mark Twain
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-30-2005 at 04:13 PM
Buena Suerte Jesse

If you decide to do something in a Titanic or Tropical Bamboo theme, I may be able to help with some ideas:light:
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 4-30-2005 at 04:19 PM

Jesse what style of Mexican food is your specialty?

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

Natalie Ann
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-30-2005 at 04:26 PM

This sounds great, Jesse! Congratulations and good luck.

Be yourself, everyone else is already taken.
.....Oscar Wilde
Me No
Banned

[*] posted on 4-30-2005 at 04:49 PM

Jesse, great to read you are following your passion. As you have probably noticed a great many restaurants in Mexico, that seemingly have everything to make a go of it, fail because of the lack of a motivated person such as yourself, and under funding. I would stear clear of a huge place to start. Go for a smaller more intimate place that has a low overhead. Payroll will kill you if you don't have the business right away. A smaller place will also help you utilize your Norte connections much more efficiently. In a nutshell, look for something with an ocean view, just off the toll road is great, the easier the access the better. You need to have a unique menu that is VERY reasonably price, this will test you and your staffs creativity skill to the max. Finally, be prepared to work 24/7. Best of luck. Sincerely
comitan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 4-30-2005 at 05:39 PM

One suggestion the waiters serve everyone at the same time!!!!!!!! All the luck in the world and hurry up so we'll have a good place to eat in Tijuana, when we pass through.

Strive For The Ideal, But Deal With What\'s Real.

Every day is a new day, better than the day before.(from some song)

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

“The sincere pursuit of truth requires you to entertain the possibility that everything you believe to be true may in fact be false”
yankeeirishman
Banned

[*] posted on 4-30-2005 at 05:52 PM
What do I look for....

Parking.
Streamlined menu.
Decent service.
Room temperature not at Artic conditions.
A whole bunch of homemade dessert selections.
And free meal tickets from you!

Good luck to you ol' boy with the new adventure.

[Edited on 5-1-2005 by yankeeirishman]
Baja Bernie
`Normal` Nomad Correspondent

Mood: Just dancing through life

[*] posted on 4-30-2005 at 06:11 PM
Jesse

You certainly have the energy, drive, and the smarts to pull this off.

My suggestion: Put Natalie Ann's signature eirther on you menu's or on the entrance--in Spanish of course.

The luck you will receive from your many friends.

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
Oso
Ultra Nomad

Mood: wait and see

[*] posted on 4-30-2005 at 06:12 PM

I'm open to this and would seriously consider dropping by, My only suggestions are to serve good solid food at a reasonable price and not copy Taco Bell. No shredded lettuce, don't fill half the plate with refried beans and if possible, don't freeze plates ahead of time, microwave them and have the waiters serve the platters wearing oven mitts, saying " Be careful, de plate ees hot"

Con todo seriedad, Chucho. le deseo exito y cuando este sea realidad, ahi voy para dejar unos billetes.

:tumble:
Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-30-2005 at 06:31 PM

The damn restaurant owner's curse:

Once it gets in your blood it's impossible to be happy doing anything else. Start banking those extra hours of sleep because you'll need them later.

Hard work will make all the luck you will need.

Save us a good table.;)

aldosalato
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-30-2005 at 06:48 PM

Good luck!

[Edited on 5-1-2005 by aldosalato]
Ken Bondy
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Mellow

[*] posted on 4-30-2005 at 07:22 PM
Buena suerte Jesse!!!!

academicanarchist
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-30-2005 at 08:05 PM
Jesse

Jesse, good luck with your new venture.
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 4-30-2005 at 08:09 PM

sCRAP the old name, JESSE. i'll let you in on a fact. 50% of your clientele will be surfers passing by on the "cuota". get a good billboard and hopefully your spread is close to the exit! either way, you seem like a good man, at least as far as i can see from punta loma:saint:
we nomads are always looking for a place to grind, away from the "ptomaine domain". good luck with your dream amigo! bernie don't know squat bro, and neither do eye!!!!....

give a nomad a 20% discount and i think you might draw some northbound traffic on those heinous summer days.

suerte grande por un amigo!!!:)

[Edited on 5-1-2005 by woody in ob]

gringorio
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-30-2005 at 08:31 PM

Good luck Jesse...

Mexican food is the best! I think you should name your restaurant 'Jamoncita's' after my dog Ham, who was born in Baja - In Bahia de los Angeles. She loves food. Especially Mexican food with lots of cheese and authentic guacamole (I?m not kidding!). You can just see her thinking: Is that guac and chips coming to my table?

I wish you the best of success.

gringorio

Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.