Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: speed trap
yankeeirishman
Banned

[*] posted on 5-7-2005 at 06:55 AM
speed trap

Please note: with all due respect, I am NOT debating if speed traps are the ?game of the day? in Mexico. I am NOT saying the traps and dishonesty does not exist. What I will add to this post is this: I have been going to Mexico for 19 years now, and have encountered only once, a speed trap. The point here I am trying to make (to the Newbies of future Baja traveling) is that speed traps are not a common occurrence. The police (and Military) are friendly and honest 99.99% of the time. Go to Baja without fear?just use common sense when traveling, as you would if you were going to Los Angeles!

[Edited on 5-7-2005 by yankeeirishman]

[Edited on 5-7-2005 by BajaNomad]

What control freaks there are here. Don\'t believe that post you just read!
bajaloco
Nomad

Mood: wishin I was fishin

[*] posted on 5-7-2005 at 08:06 AM
Drug Runners???

We ran into the same bunch as latitude did last June. They were local cops and we figured we were going to get shook down for some peso's. Didn't happen, they said they were looking for drugs. It was all kinda weird...something wasn't right.

Carry an Organ Donor card. You could save someone\'s life... http://www.organdonor.gov
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 5-7-2005 at 09:06 AM

i agree with the yankee- i've never had any problems with the "the man" outside of the border areas. but just as there was a "cop" near catavina last year, a little information never hurt those willing to hear it.

yankeeirishman
Banned

[*] posted on 5-7-2005 at 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hose A
Ok yank how did you manage to change the name of another posters thread by making a post of your own??

Maybe I will try it.:no:

Who Can Post? All users can post new topics and all users can reply.
Logged In User: yankeeirishman [logout]
Subject: (optional) <____________RIGHT HERE____
Icon:

BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 5-7-2005 at 09:55 AM

Quote:
Ok yank how did you manage to change the name of another posters thread by making a post of your own??
I've been upgrading the hardware on the server over the course of the week (which still continues), and possibly as long ago as last Monday the time on the server - and thusly the board here - changed to a time about 12 hours or so ahead of the real time.

When I reset the server time early-early this morning, it did not change the timestamp on posts.

Yankee's post was the first in this thread after I reset the time, and is has the earliest timestamp of all the posts, and apparently took over the subject (and maybe ownership) of this thread.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

--
Doug

[Edited on 5-7-2005 by BajaNomad]

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 5-7-2005 at 10:26 AM

Quote:
...Now it has changed back to speed trap.
Because I changed the subject of his post (the one with the earliest timestamp) to 'speed trap' instead of what he had in it, which was something like 'I have something to add...' or alike.

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-7-2005 at 10:39 AM

We got pulled in Zaragoza about a year ago and we were not speeding and they did not claim that we were. After we showed them license and insurance papers (that was a first) they asked us for 50 pesos for gas. talking about weird. of course we donated to the cause. that was that.

The Federales are still on the #1 between San Jose and San Lucas with radar...now that is a speed trap.

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 5-7-2005 at 01:43 PM
speed trap

found on another site. thought some may find useful...

Warning---Recently (last week of April '05) traveled via south route to Scorpion Bay. Encountered speed trap in Villa IgN-zio Zaragoza (near Ciudad Insurgentes). Paid $80 to police so I could continue my journey. Upon arrival at Scorpion found almost everyone there had been stopped. The list we compiled totaled ~$2000 collected by these guys. I suggest you go through Insurgentes and Zaragoza at about 10 miles per hour. Still no guarantee but it may help!--Bob

latitude26n
Banned

[*] posted on 5-7-2005 at 03:12 PM

We encountered police standing in the road (on the southbound side) in Zaragoza on 4 occasions last summer. They didn't talk to every car that went through, but stopped many local cars too.

They really seemed to hone in on us when we were driving in both our our camper and a rental car. They just asked to see license, registration etc and thoroughly examined the papers and sent us on our way.

One tip- some kids at a tienda in Zaragoza said they love to nail people for driving against the direction of the road traffic on the dirt side roads in town. It looks like a sleepy, deserted town most of the time but it looks like they're watching you...

[Edited on 5-7-2005 by latitude26n]
yankeeirishman
Banned

[*] posted on 5-7-2005 at 04:13 PM

Quote:Yankee's post was the first in this thread after I reset the time, and is has the earliest timestamp of all the posts, and apparently took over the subject (and maybe ownership) of this thread.

Wow! I thank you for the ownership of my little domain of a page here :lol:

turtleandtoad
Senior Nomad

Mood: Good if fishing

[*] posted on 5-7-2005 at 04:28 PM

Federales with radar south of Guererro Negro. 2 of them, after you pass the first one and think all is safe, the second one pops up.

Mike & Robin; Full-Time RV\'ers
37\' Georgetown w/3 slides & 275 Watts of Solar Power
06 Taco TRD
www.turtleandtoad.com
I am here

To paraphrase Frank Lloyd Wright; I\'m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let\'s start with keyboards. -- Mike Dean

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.