Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: American Dream Possible In Mexico
Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 5-9-2005 at 03:06 AM
American Dream Possible In Mexico

http://www.kfmb.com/features/special_assignment/story.php?id...

05-06-05

The latest figures for a new home in San Diego have jumped past $700,000, pushing many middle-income families out of the housing market. But there are some San Diegans looking south of the border for The American Dream.

A room with a view, California beachfront property is some of the priciest real estate in the nation.

A modest one bedroom wooden Del Mar beach front cottage goes for:

"Bottom line, we're looking at $9,750,000," said broker Jeanette King with Coldwell Banker.

That's right, a whopping, $9,750,000 and that's a bargain, because it was originally listed at $10!

But, don't expect to find many bargains in San Diego's housing market.

Even longtime San Diegans are having second thoughts about what they're going to do in the future, according to the California Public Policy Institute. Twenty-nine percent of San Diegans are thinking about moving out of state because they can no longer afford to live here. In fact, some are thinking about moving south of the border.

The American dream is for sale in Mexico and U.S. buyers are finding that not only can they afford to buy south of the border; they're also buying a luxurious lifestyle.

Right on the ocean Las Olas illustrates that Americans account for 100 percent of the sales in the sold out upscale condominium project in Rosarito beach.

"Look at us...this is unbelievable, I mean you can't get this in San Diego," said Tim Arron who is a San Diegan who buys property in Baja. "This particular property for the price you couldn't get this so close to beach and San Diego. If you did, it would be in the way millions."

In fact, if this three bedroom, three bath, ocean-front condo with spectacular views were in La Jolla it would sell for no less than $6 million.

But in Rosarito, it's yours for $450,000.

Arron owns several properties in Baja.
And says buying in Mexico is safe if you do some research.

"My advice to them is read the contract have an attorney look at it here or in the states," explained Arron.

According to Mexican law, Americans cannot own land in restricted areas, which is within 62 miles of the border, and within about 31 miles of the coastline.

But that's not stopping Americans from buying in Baja, because they can sell their condos or houses, but not the land in the restricted zones.

"Right now, we've experiencing a real estate boom. We're seeing something we've never seen before," said Remax Real Estate agent, Gustavo Torres.

Torres says right now 46 major developments are under construction between Ensenada and Playas de Tijuana. And Rosarito beach is right in the middle of the building boom!

These new high rise condominiums have already sold out. They're right on the beach with the right price!

"An ocean front condominium, two bedroom, two bath, beautiful view, $220,000," noted Torres.

Closer to the borer, Playas Diamante, is a gated community in Playas de Tijuana, offering split level condos with panoramic views. They sell for $129,000.

It's estimated at least 400,000 Americans are living in Baja, California. A number that is expected to grow, along with San Diego's housing prices.

The American Embassy and the American Consulates in Mexico can answer real estate questions you may have.
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-9-2005 at 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by AnonymousA modest one bedroom wooden Del Mar beach front cottage goes for:

"Bottom line, we're looking at $9,750,000," said broker Jeanette King with Coldwell Banker.

"According to Mexican law, Americans cannot own land in restricted areas, which is within 62 miles of the border, and within about 31 miles of the coastline"

I wondered where all those filthy rich Americans were coming from... it rivals Hong Kong or Monterey in terms of housing costs. It's their reward for tolerating grid lock and wall to wall people.

I guess all those idiots who thought they purchased the land
din't talk to a lawyer....sort of like the author of this thread.

DON\'T SQUINT! Give yer eyes a break!
Try holding down [control] key and toggle the [+ and -] keys

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
Braulio
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-12-2005 at 08:32 AM

The title to this thread is misleading - there's a lot more involved in the American Dream than owning a warm place to .... by the ocean.
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-12-2005 at 08:45 AM
Braulio

You are right!
The Place that you dream about for so many years can become a nighmare.
Think about all of those City people who only get to escape on the week ends or 2 weeks during the Summer/winter Vacation.

I had a dream and lived that Dream for 18 years in Loreto on $800 a Month.
I have been to many places that can be classified as a Place to build a Dream.
right now there are lots of places to make money from Calif to Texas to Montana to Wash, just go for it!!

The best Part of my Baja Dream was l;earning and enteracting with the mexicano People. In Texas I am living a Dream with my Wife involved in Raiseing and Training a new Golden Horse colt, living in clean air, with unlimilted vision of the Texas Plains.

Set your dreams Highr and Go for it with Gusto.

Skeet/Loreto
Braulio
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-12-2005 at 09:38 AM

Skeet - Kind of a personal question - I should probably be asking you this in a u2u - but there might be general interest. I've always been curious why you left Loreto.

Did you envision your dream elsewhere?

Again - disculpas for the personal stuff.
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-12-2005 at 09:59 AM
Brauilo

Good Question and now maybe it is the time to tryto Answer; It maybe be to long as i tend to ramble.

Loreto was my dream from 1968. I was in the middle to the Dream when I met and Married my Beautifull Wife who is 24 years younger than I.She helped me build Rancho Sonrisa, Hauling Rocks from San Nicolas, laying tile and cuttin Oja's.

We had just finished and were both living the Dream when an Ugly American moved next door and built a Monstrosity, started trouble, bought all the land around and tried to force His wishes. The Beach is now closed to Traffic.

My wife had always wanted to raise Horses so we decided to try Lake Havasu CityAZ, Central Valley of Calif, and now we have found our last Dream in Texas.

AS Loreto was Discovered, some of the "Banditos" started coming into Town{Mexicano Banditos}, some have come and Gone. but it just lost its flavor of a small Village.

I have no bad feelings about Loreto and the mexicano People, they are Great and always treated me with Kindness. Respect.

In Short I guess I can say that "I had lived my Dream, it was time to Help my Wife Live hers" .

Skeet/Loreto
Braulio
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-12-2005 at 12:17 PM

That's interesting Skeet - I can't think of a better dream than helping someone else realize their's.

Raising horses and livestock has always been part of my dream - when the time comes I'll probably move to Sinaloa or Nayarit to pursue it.

My Dad's a large animal veterinarian - he moved the family down to Jalisco in the 60's to help start a department in one of the universities there - he has been track veterinarian in several of the racetracks throughout Mexico.

We'll have to keep in touch.
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-12-2005 at 01:51 PM
Braulio

Just a Note; the mexicanos from that area are coming up to the Panhandle buying Horses to take back tothat area. Most they are buying are Quarterhorses that they take and Train for the "Coralero" {SP} I call it "Bull-Tailing"

the cowboys up here are shy about new people but have respect for those Cowboys chasing the Bull. The charros who come up to buy Horses are not to well liked as they are to rough with their Horses.
Our Golden Palmino Horse colt is i month old and going great Guns.

Keep in Touch

Skeet/Loreto

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.