Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Hurricane Marty damage at Alfonsina's
bonanza bucko
Senior Nomad

Mood: Airport Bum

[*] posted on 9-23-2003 at 06:04 PM
Hurricane Marty damage at Alfonsina's

If anyone has any G2 about damage at Alfonsina's from hurricane Marty I'd really like to get it. The storm seems to be parked on top of Alfy's now and the tide is coming up...high on Friday. With a small storm surge and a high surf the place could be in trouble.
Jim

[*] posted on 9-23-2003 at 07:16 PM

I'm in contact w/friends at Papa's. Last report (shortly after 1200h today--9/23)was wind in excess of 50mph and lots of rain. I'll let you know.

PS: BB, just got this after posting,
"Some pretty good size surf coming in the bay!!Three sailboats from the south have taken refuge behind our little island...they were at Refugio."

[Edited on 9-24-2003 by Jim]
Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 9-26-2003 at 10:28 AM

Brandi & Mike drove out yesterday. She reports all houses at Alfonsina's are OK. A lot of sand on her patio. The roof on the cantina had a little damage. It was still raining when they left in the morning and the runway was still "snotty"--the plane they were supposed to fly out with is a push-pull and runway was a concern. Cantina is low on supplies but she is is making a Costco trip and bringing a few things in when we drive down on Tuesday. No gas at Rancho Grande but a truck is waiting to drive in. Road from Gonzaga to highway one is fine--a little water on the road in a couple of places, but no problem with two-wheel drive. She will try to post a more complete report as soon as she gets things here squared away.
bonanza bucko
Senior Nomad

Mood: Airport Bum

[*] posted on 9-26-2003 at 06:22 PM
Thanks

Dear A Nonny Mouse:

Muchas Gracisas!

I heard that the road north of Papa's was pretty much gone at The Fish Market. Don't know about north of that but I suspect that the Vado at the bottom of the Tres Marias will be a problema for about six months.

Again...thanks!

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.