BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Welcome back Chicagoross!
Me No
Banned

[*] posted on 5-17-2005 at 07:46 PM
Welcome back Chicagoross!

My bueno Amigo has been in the Philipines for the last few years and is back for a short while. Many of you might remember him from the old Amigo's de Baja board.

Ross was nice enough to let me fish with him on his beautiful boat in San Lucas Cove several years back. I was nice enough to repay him by dropping one of his custom wrapped fishing poles into the bay. All turned out well however, I had to stay an extra week to hunt for the pole, which I eventually found, and ended up meeting my future wife during that week. Who wooda thunk it?:lol::lol:
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 5-17-2005 at 07:58 PM

Here is Ross in the doorway of Mision Santa Maria when he and Rose joined us in April 2003. Many more photos of chicagoross and Rose at http://vivabaja.com/403

Hopefully they will join us when we return there in July to help to try and stop the erosion on each side of the doorway... seen in the photo.

It was good when Ross emailed me a few weeks ago asking where all the Amigos went, and I gave him the link to Nomad.
Welcome 'home' Ross!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Me No
Banned

[*] posted on 5-17-2005 at 08:07 PM

Thanks David K, you FINALLY did me a favor. I guess that means we are even.:o or not.:biggrin:
surfer jim
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-18-2005 at 07:24 AM

Me No kissing up to David K ?:o.....Well I'll be a......Oh forget it.....glad to hear an old "Amigo" is still around.....

How did you find the fishing gear that fell overboard?....
chicagoross

[*] posted on 5-18-2005 at 07:44 AM

I'm supposed to haul the family back to PI mid June, which means the American jeep won't get to go on the "worst road in Baja" with David K and friends...too bad. That's a Great road!!! anyone that wants a fun ride and great scenary...too bad. David, you'd get a kick out of my PI jeep - Willy's license built CJ3B made by Mitsubishi with a deisel engine - I get 26 mpg on diesel, never came close to that before for a real four wheel drive, would be great for Baja! Rose and I are still trying to get a week or more in fishing at SLC now that the dorado are showing, were supposed to leave Thursday but maybe next week now...the gear is stacked and sorted in the garage ready to load in the taco. Me no, the Taco was NOT "too pretty for Baja", worked just fine last month! ;)
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 5-18-2005 at 07:56 AM

Good to hear from you Ross... Hope you get south before heading back to the PIs... Is San Miguel beer any good?:lol:

We are going to Shell Island for Memorial Day weekend... bring surf fishing rigs!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Me No
Banned

[*] posted on 5-18-2005 at 01:12 PM

Surfer Jim. As you may know the bay that San Lucas RV park sits next to is only about 10 ft. deep. I had to wait until a calm day at slack tide. When the conditions were perfect I borrowed a friends boat and went out and looked around. Bingo there it was. I had made a grappling hook out of a 4 oz lead head and just had to let it down and reel her in. Bill and Bonnie were also out looking for it at the same time with scuba gear. They own the boat storage/repair shop where Ross was keeping his boat.
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 5-18-2005 at 04:02 PM
yo, Ross - bien venidos

i'll be south mem weekend, if you get up mulege way stop over, lots of adult bevs to consume.

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
chicagoross

[*] posted on 5-19-2005 at 09:40 AM
adult beverages

Capt. Mike, long time no see! We should be there, first stop will probably be Ray's to rent a panga for the week. Are you at Serenidad? Flying the Jolly Roger still?
Me No
Banned

[*] posted on 5-19-2005 at 02:29 PM

Ross, you offed the tin as well as the big boat? Stop by my place in Cantu, I have a zodiac I can loan you for the week. Also, Capn Mike introduced me to a good fishing captn. that bartends at the Serenedad at night. His name is Alex, he is a super guy, and a good fisherman, with a quality panga. Tell him Tom sent you, or Capt. Mike. He will get you into all the dorado you can handle.
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 5-20-2005 at 06:20 AM

yeah, be there fri night, flag is toast - looking for another. alex is already biooked mem weekend, but other dasys he's open - no problemo

see ya, hi to Rose.

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.