Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3    5  ..  8
Author: Subject: Age of constibuters to this board
rpleger
Super Nomad

Mood: Was good.

[*] posted on 5-21-2005 at 09:22 AM

I`m 67, First trip to Baja was in 1953 on a booze run from Newport.
Been in Mulege (Full time) for 10 years and have owned a home here for the last 3years.
Retired and loving it.

Richard on the Hill

*ABROAD*, adj. At war with savages and idiots. To be a Frenchman abroad is to
be miserable; to be an American abroad is to make others miserable.
-- Ambrose Bierce, _The Enlarged Devil\'s Dictionary_
BajaRob
Senior Nomad

Mood: Life is good

[*] posted on 5-21-2005 at 09:35 AM

55, double nickel. First trip to Mx (Mazatlan ) in 1975 . I chartered my Tayana 52 ( Windstalker ) from 1988 to 1991 out of Marina de La Paz. I retired in 2002 and now spend 8-9 months a year @ Bahia Santa Maria. Life is good. Rob
Natalie Ann
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-21-2005 at 09:37 AM

I'm 58 - and a relative newbie to Baja. First trip was to La Paz in 1992.

Be yourself, everyone else is already taken.
.....Oscar Wilde
A-OK
Nomad

Mood: faded

[*] posted on 5-21-2005 at 10:33 AM

First trip was when I was a tiny frijole......... been in love ever since.
I was actually kidnaped in Baja when I was a few yrs old...kinda.:wow: A woman grabbed me and ran off into an alley with my mother screaming behind us. The woman noticed I was turning green inside her shop and ran me out to get sick in the alley. Poor mom thought I was gonna be sold into slavery.:lol:
burro bob
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-21-2005 at 10:37 AM

I'm 51, thats almost 20 in burro years. First time in Baja in 94 on a trip to San Felipe via Ensenada with my Mom to check out the piece of desert we had won in a National Pen Corp. promotion. We liked the wide open empty desert of San Felipe better than the crowds on the Pacific side.
Things change. Moved out of El Dorado about 4 years ago when the place got filled up with retired postal workers, you never know when one of them might loose it.:rolleyes:
Mom moved to the beach in town because she decided she liked crowds and crazy people. I moved into the ejido poblado. We bought a ranch in Valley Chico so I could fulfill my lifelong dream of being a hermit.
burro bob
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 5-21-2005 at 11:37 AM
Burro Bob

Looking at the "Baja Almanac Atlas" I can find "El Dorado" and "Valle Chico", but I cannot find the ejido you refer to. Is that at the mouth of Canon Cajon in Valle Chico?
bajalera
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-21-2005 at 11:41 AM

I'm older than anybody [and by one more year on Sunday].

First went to La Paz in 1963 with my archaeologist husband, lived there with my three children as an undocumented alien until 1968, made many trips after that, have lived in La Paz again for a couple of years.

\"Very few things happen at the right time, and the rest never happen at all. The conscientious historian will correct these defects.\" - Mark Twain
comitan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 5-21-2005 at 12:14 PM

Bajalera your only old in years, they only count if you act old.

Strive For The Ideal, But Deal With What\'s Real.

Every day is a new day, better than the day before.(from some song)

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

“The sincere pursuit of truth requires you to entertain the possibility that everything you believe to be true may in fact be false”
lindsay
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-21-2005 at 12:59 PM

I'm 36 soon to be 37 in July and my first trip was in elementary school with my parents on a day trip from SD to TJ for lunch and exploring. I thought my dad was so cool when he whipped out his Spanish and told the taxi driver at the border to take us to Avenida Revolucion. I remember the taco tray at the restaurant and brought home my first pinata and ceramic piggy bank from the border line...big fun when you're 7 :)
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-21-2005 at 03:08 PM

Ok, never been afraid to say my age so why start now....57
First came down to San Jose in 1986 when a friend of mine was helping get the Tropicana Hotel kitchen set up so she could be their first chef. Stayed right on the square in her apartment and fell in love with the town.
My husband(we were not married then) and I continued to come down whenever we could get away for 5 or 6 years, then we missed a few.
We decided to buy some land in 96 and then built a small house in which we live today. Moved down permanently in 2000 and have never regretted it for a moment.
We enjoyed retired life until last year when my husband got bored and started our book business...Baja Books and Maps.
Now we get to travel Baja and write it off.....now that is cool!
Today is one of those picture perfect days that make you sigh and thank whoever you thank that you are here in this beautiful place....
Thank you!

burro bob
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-21-2005 at 03:09 PM

Barry A
I am refering to the Ejido Plan National Agrario. It is the second largest Ejido in Mexico. It buts up against Ejido Saldana to the north (the land behind La Ventana is Ejido PNA land) to the south it goes down to Ejido Delicias (close to Campo El Vergel), to the west it goes to the Siera San Pedro Martir and the National Park.
The "Poblado" is the area of the Ejido that has been designated as a residential area. It is the area south of El Dorado, going a little bit beyond where the big water tank is on the hill. The east boundary is the highway ( for the entire Ejido as well as the poblado). The west boundary is the small range of hills known as the Sierra Abandonada.
If this isn't confusing enough the Ejido PNA is subdivided into Groupos. Each Groupo is in charge of one or two communal zones. I am in an area covered by Groupo Cajon and they control the access to the canyons north of Barroso and south of Provedencia. It is why David found the gate closed when he and Jide went to Canyon Cajon. Someone was trying to round up some stock.
Agua Caliente is a Groupo, part of Ejido PNA.
East Valley road is a state maintained road. All other roads described by the people that post here are private ejido roads.
All ranches, regardless of how "abandoned" looking they are, have someone that has been given the rights to that property by the Ejido.
Sorry to get so far off topic.
burro bob
eetdrt88
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-21-2005 at 03:21 PM
what about those...

with multiple personalities,should they state the age of each of their personalities or just their real age.......because my actual B-day was in '70 but after a day of work in the heat like today i'm feeling about 65 or 70,but sometimes after a few great days in baja i start feeling about 20 or 21....yea,i guess i like revisiting those moments sometimes:yes:
Sonora Wind
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-21-2005 at 04:34 PM

I'm 55 at this writing, which I've been told is old enough to know better but to young to resist. First time in BAJA I was 10 or 11. Made a day trip to TJ. Got my first guitar, first picture on a stripped burro, first taco from a street vendor, and of course on the way back to El Monte my first case of the revenge.:cool:
jeans
Super Nomad

Mood: Encantada

[*] posted on 5-21-2005 at 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Santiago
Let's have some fun here and guess the age of some Baja-Babes who seem to be avoiding this thread:

Jeans would be about 35.

:lol: :lol: You're really trying for some points, aren't you?!!

You were at the party celebrating the 19th anniversary of my 30th birthday! That was four years ago.

In 20 days you can reverse those two numbers.:?::?:
comitan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 5-21-2005 at 06:20 PM

72 years young, first year 1982 only to mulege then every winter since, last 11 years home in La Paz.

Strive For The Ideal, But Deal With What\'s Real.

Every day is a new day, better than the day before.(from some song)

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

“The sincere pursuit of truth requires you to entertain the possibility that everything you believe to be true may in fact be false”
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-21-2005 at 08:39 PM

60, first time in TJ was 1961. Moved to San Diego in 1978 and been going down ever since even though I don't live so close anymore. It's that mystical draw that many will never understand.
Corky1
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-21-2005 at 09:12 PM

66 three days ago. :spingrin:

First trip to Baja, June 1971 to pre-run the Baja 500 on a motorcycle.

(Thats not counting the little sneak across trips during hi-school.)

Corky :lol: :lol:

\"Keep The Rubberside Down\"
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-21-2005 at 11:19 PM

55 - first time in Baja (not counting TJ) was in 1985 (south of Ensenada to San Quintin). Have traveled the entire Peninsula four times witrh many short trips in between. Favorite trip was through the Gonazaga Bay area from San Felipe. How can you beat Gonzaga Bay?

The SAME boiling water that softens the potato hardens the egg. It's about what you are made of NOT the circumstance.
bajasmitty
Junior Nomad

Mood: happy

[*] posted on 5-22-2005 at 12:02 AM

came to mexico jan 31 1961 , graduated boot camp in san diego ,ended up in RENE'S a little drunk .:tumble:
moved to LA barca in 1984. moved to san antonio del mar in 2004. love to fish up and down baja . originally from iowa.
love it here:cool::smug::saint::saint:
dono
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-22-2005 at 04:56 AM

age 61. 1st trip to baja 1950 camping near punta Banda
 Pages:  1    3    5  ..  8

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.