Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4    6  ..  8
Author: Subject: Age of constibuters to this board
Ken Bondy
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Mellow

[*] posted on 5-22-2005 at 07:50 AM

As a constibuter to this board, I need to ask if anybody else likes that new word as much as I do? I am fixating on it, already used it several times in casual conversation in the last few days. It simply ROLLS off your tongue, KAHN-STIB-YOU-TER, and has so much potential: conspirator, contributor, con job, distributor, constant, whatever. The actual meaning is invenereal to me when a word sounds that good. Thanks for creating this Bernie, best new word I have seen in ages :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
++Ken++
Baja Bernie
`Normal` Nomad Correspondent

Mood: Just dancing through life

[*] posted on 5-22-2005 at 08:11 AM
Ken

Woops. Color my face bright red. I really fildubbed that one.

Happy birthday Lera.

[Edited on 5-22-2005 by Baja Bernie]

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
Santiago
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-22-2005 at 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ken Bondy
As a constibuter to this board, I need to ask if anybody else likes that new word as much as I do? I am fixating on it, already used it several times in casual conversation in the last few days. It simply ROLLS off your tongue, KAHN-STIB-YOU-TER, and has so much potential: conspirator, contributor, con job, distributor, constant, whatever. The actual meaning is invenereal to me when a word sounds that good. Thanks for creating this Bernie, best new word I have seen in ages :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
++Ken++

Ken: same here - love it. But which syllable gets the emphasis? maybe depending on the usage? I'm using it as kahn-sti-BU-ter. But once in a while it rolls off as KAHN-sti-bu-tor (as in one who constibutes). I've been playing around with the mexican version, kahn-STEE-bu-ter, and like that also. Lots of good nitches to use this one.
Ken Bondy
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Mellow

[*] posted on 5-22-2005 at 08:21 AM

Santiago: I would put the emphasis on the second syllable in both English and Spanish. I agree, the applications are endless, and I haven't even gotten around to fiddling with the Mexican version, thanks for reminding me of that.

Bernie: You've done it again, "fildubbed"!!!! Now I've got to go to work on that one. Keep 'em coming :light::light:

++Ken++
bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-22-2005 at 08:36 AM

And here we thought Bruce Leech was the master of new words and their applications.

:yes:

No Bad Days

\"Never argue with an idiot. People watching may not be able to tell the difference\"

\"The trouble with doing nothing is - how do I know when I\'m done?\"

Nomad Baja Interactive map

And in the San Felipe area - check out Valle Chico area
backninedan
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-22-2005 at 09:44 AM

62, but since moving to Loreto a year and a half ago, aging has taken on a much slower, mellower aspect, and the fish dont care how old I am.
pascuale
Nomad

Mood: Lets fish!

[*] posted on 5-22-2005 at 10:28 AM

23 first trip was to gonzaga when I was 6 in 1988. Ive been there about 100 times and driven to the tip 2 times. I love Baja.:lol:
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-22-2005 at 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by backninedan
... and the fish dont care how old I am.

That's fantastic! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

The SAME boiling water that softens the potato hardens the egg. It's about what you are made of NOT the circumstance.
Baja Bernie
`Normal` Nomad Correspondent

Mood: Just dancing through life

[*] posted on 5-22-2005 at 12:06 PM
Ken

I can't wait for Neal to provide a definition for "fildubbed."

I must tell you that it was an 'intended' accident. So far you get an A+ in paper grading.;D

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-22-2005 at 12:19 PM

When I first looked at the topic, I thought that it had something to do with bodily functions and shied away from it....you know the older you are the more constibuted you become.

But then the fish dont care about that either

backninedan
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-22-2005 at 12:58 PM

Will a bowl of prunes cure constibution??
Santiago
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-22-2005 at 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajajudy
When I first looked at the topic, I thought that it had something to do with bodily functions and shied away from it....you know the older you are the more constibuted you become.

But then the fish dont care about that either

BJ: If I catch your drift, turns out the fish do care. In the late 90s (1990s, Neal) my two boys and I flew into La Paz, rented a pickup and drove to Las Arenas for a few days of fishing (if I recall, Las Arenas closed a few months after that). On our first day of panga fishing, we were into bull dodos real good - I'm talking 50 pounders here. My jr high kids were plum tuckered. Somewhere around noon the pangaro (sp) started looking very agitated, pointed to the front of the panga, yelling "banjo, banjo!" Now, I've been in quite a few pangas, even super ones, and never recall anything of the sort. After a strange few minutes of our guide getting more and more anxious, now practically screaming, "Banjo, Banjo" and pointing to the bow, it dawned on me that he needed to go numero dos and wanted us to face the front, away from him. We did, he did, and after the 'OK' was given, we returned to our posts, no one commenting on the trail of toilet paper behing our boat. The bite promply stopped, never to return.
jeans
Super Nomad

Mood: Encantada

[*] posted on 5-22-2005 at 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Santiago
"....we were into bull dodos real good...." -

************** Nope....nevermind......:saint:

[edited by jeans ] :lol::lol:

Mom always told me to be different - Now she says...Not THAT different
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-22-2005 at 04:01 PM

Ah but Santiago if your pangero had been constibuted you would have never lost the bite.

jeans
Super Nomad

Mood: Encantada

[*] posted on 5-22-2005 at 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by whistler
Jeans,Bull dodos are male Dorado,normally means they were big.

I was just funnin' with him :bounce::tumble:

Looked too much like Bull Doo - Doo.....much like most of this thread!!!! :lol: :lol:

Mom always told me to be different - Now she says...Not THAT different
vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Checking-off my bucket list.

smile.gif posted on 5-22-2005 at 06:50 PM
62 in November

Started running around North Baja on dirt bikes in the early seventies. Started building a little place to hang-out in San Nicolas after I drove 8200 miles R/T to Belize on my honeymoon and decided was wasn't going to do that again for a long time. A month and a half a year now for the past dozen years. Not enough time, but at this point I can't start going when I was younger, and I ain't gettin' any. (younger):lol:

Undoubtedly, there are people who cannot afford to give the anchor of sanity even the slightest tug. Sam Harris

"The situation is far too dire for pessimism."
Bill Kauth

Carl Sagan said, "We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

PEACE, LOVE AND FISH TACOS
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-22-2005 at 07:06 PM

first year bufadaora

then santo tomas - 1958

then Johnson Ranch 1959

then followed the road down

been in baja every year except for two years in 1977-1978

things have changed (as they allways will)
Braulio
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-22-2005 at 07:29 PM

First trip to Baja: Same year I was born I think - I'll have to ask my mother.

Still don't know a 'am thing about the area. Might as well be a foreign freaking country.
The Sculpin
Nomad

Mood: Riding into the Sunset, looking for a sunrise.

[*] posted on 5-22-2005 at 08:16 PM

48 last March....

1972..rudely woken up in the middle of the night by "federales" banging on the side of the VW van.....everyone out and the van searched at gunpoint...stack of Playboys gets us out of the jam.......

been going back ever since!!!!!!
bajapablo
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-22-2005 at 09:11 PM

36 going on 37 June 18. First trip was a vanilla run to TJ for my mom, a puppet/marionette thingy for me and a ukelele for my bro after a family trip to the San Diego zoo in 75 or 76. Various TJ runs for blankets and vanilla every few years on family trips to SoCal. Took my own family to La Bufadora in 2000 and in 2003 and 2004 went on brotherhood trips to San Felipe, Gonzaga Bay, and San Quentin.

\"changes it lattitudes, changes in attitudes\"
J.Buffet
 Pages:  1  2    4    6  ..  8

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.