[*] posted on 5-23-2005 at 11:52 AM

54 yrs as of june 9 2005
other then the border crossing
first time in real baja was dec 1990 to punta colorado

jerry and judi
yankeeirishman
Banned

[*] posted on 5-23-2005 at 11:59 AM

I wanna do this survey of old gents and broads! I am 51 with four kids?youngest being a 10-year-old Einstein! The oldest is a system engineer with Yahoo.com I have owned Night Clubs and Landscaping businesses in California. Been exploring Mexico for about 19 years, but not Baja. I discovery of Baja three years ago?and we all fell in love with the area. It?s primitive in a sort, undiscovered, and it?s not commercialized much. I will call this place home in the future.

What control freaks there are here. Don\'t believe that post you just read!
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 5-23-2005 at 12:31 PM
What's a constibutor?

A person who clogs up the board with unnecessary posts?
yankeeirishman
Banned

[*] posted on 5-23-2005 at 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Pompano
3 years in Baja and you find it: Primitive? Undiscovered? Not commercialized much?

Are you 'positive' you made it to Baja??:lol: Sorry, couldn't help but laugh at those ideas. So much so, I had Julio bring another pina colada to our beach cabana here at the resort.

p.s. you WERE kidding, right? If not, more power to you..hope you enjoy your beginnings in Baja.

[Edited on 5-23-2005 by Pompano]

Me? Kid? You got to be kidding! :lol:

bajalera
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-23-2005 at 05:58 PM

I used to suffer from constibution, too, Bernie, but then I started eating dried prunes.

[Edited on 5-24-2005 by bajalera]

\"Very few things happen at the right time, and the rest never happen at all. The conscientious historian will correct these defects.\" - Mark Twain
zforbes
Nomad

Mood: Living the dream

[*] posted on 5-23-2005 at 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Baja Bernie
As the only 'normal' Nomad around I thought it would be fun if everyone would post their age, if you are not afraid, and any other bull pucky that you want the rest of us to know--like how long you have been visiting OR living in Baja.

I'll start--68 years young--had a place in La Salina for over 25 years and just recently sold it (the worst thing I have ever done) so I could be closer to the VA hospital (joking). Still lovin' and wandering to Baja after over 45 years.
I even write poems and other junk about it.

Woops! Lurkers sure are welcome!!

[Edited on 5-21-2005 by Baja Bernie]
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 5-23-2005 at 06:10 PM

Yankee, that looks like it's right infront of Bahia Santa Maria! With drive up delivery service like that, does anyone still have a problem with beach driving in Baja???:lol::lol::lol:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

zforbes
Nomad

Mood: Living the dream

[*] posted on 5-23-2005 at 06:57 PM

Hi, I have been reading the posts for a while to get the flavor of the board. I first went to Ensenada and the Rosarita & Estero beach areas-- camping & hoteling -- in the late fifties as a 16-year-old. Continued to visit, adding Tecate & San Felipe, until the late sixties. Then spent many years on the east coast; back now in northern CA. A few years ago I asked son Bajaboy to take me for a Mexico journey from SD. We ended up at the Half-Way House for lunch. I was taken aback by the changes to the coast.

Since then I have visited several times, going to Cabo & the Todos Santos areas, and to Barra de Navidad, Guadalajara, Ajijic, & Lake Chapala inland. By the way, I add my vote to the others for Hotel Mar de Cortez in Cabo, an affordable and congenial place in walking distance of most things, with a pool and good food and drinks.

I have enjoyed reading all the good information from the knowledgeable folks on board, and I'm using suggestions to put together my next visit, I think to La Paz or Loreto. I must say that I was quite relieved to finally hear from the women on the board, because at first when I tuned in, it seemed Very Male. Now that stuff goes to off topic (which I also read, but only in small doses)and the info and pictures are easier to access.Thank you to the poets, writers and artists among us for your lovely gifts.

I still haven't quite figured how to get logged on as a member, but I am definitely in the wings and hovering around. Thanks once again for giving background, history & experience. I am very interested in tracking down information on the very large (3 inches) blue black wasp (I think) that was sucking nector from the white flowered shrub by our patio in the Cocina Pacifica area last October. I have not been able to find it identified on the net. (Smaller versions exist, but none of the size I saw.) Does any one know any good insect books for that area (southern Bajac oast)? Or online collections? Bye, Zoe
Baja Bernie
`Normal` Nomad Correspondent

Mood: Just dancing through life

[*] posted on 5-23-2005 at 07:00 PM
Lera

I know where the edit button is and could have easily changed my goof---But I decided not to because I felt that Ken Bondy's post added a certain flair and zest to this thread. Well over 2000 hits makes it appear that it did just that.

Now it is someone else's turn to coin a new word, make fun of themselves and bring a bit more haha to our simple little lives.

It will also make me pay much more attention to the Preview Button.

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
Ken Bondy
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Mellow

[*] posted on 5-23-2005 at 07:13 PM

Bernie I hope you realize that my post was in jest and just for fun, albeit somewhat at your expense. Nothing personal, you know I consider you a good cyberfriend. Plus I have read both of your books several times ;D;D
++Ken++

[Edited on 5-24-2005 by Ken Bondy]
Me No
Banned

[*] posted on 5-23-2005 at 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by zforbes
Hi, I have been reading the posts for a while to get the flavor of the board. I first went to Ensenada and the Rosarita & Estero beach areas-- camping & hoteling -- in the late fifties as a 16-year-old. Continued to visit, adding Tecate & San Felipe, until the late sixties. Then spent many years on the east coast; back now in northern CA. A few years ago I asked son Bajaboy to take me for a Mexico journey from SD. We ended up at the Half-Way House for lunch. I was taken aback by the changes to the coast.

Since then I have visited several times, going to Cabo & the Todos Santos areas, and to Barra de Navidad, Guadalajara, Ajijic, & Lake Chapala inland. By the way, I add my vote to the others for Hotel Mar de Cortez in Cabo, an affordable and congenial place in walking distance of most things, with a pool and good food and drinks.

I have enjoyed reading all the good information from the knowledgeable folks on board, and I'm using suggestions to put together my next visit, I think to La Paz or Loreto. I must say that I was quite relieved to finally hear from the women on the board, because at first when I tuned in, it seemed Very Male. Now that stuff goes to off topic (which I also read, but only in small doses)and the info and pictures are easier to access.Thank you to the poets, writers and artists among us for your lovely gifts.

I still haven't quite figured how to get logged on as a member, but I am definitely in the wings and hovering around. Thanks once again for giving background, history & experience. I am very interested in tracking down information on the very large (3 inches) blue black wasp (I think) that was sucking nector from the white flowered shrub by our patio in the Cocina Pacifica area last October. I have not been able to find it identified on the net. (Smaller versions exist, but none of the size I saw.) Does any one know any good insect books for that area (southern Bajac oast)? Or online collections? Bye, Zoe

Eye, great post. You should copy and paste this to the who you are thread at Baja.net. Check out the photo gallery there. It is the best there is. If anyone needs a baja fix. The pictures there will at least get the monkey off your back. :lol:
Ken Bondy
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Mellow

[*] posted on 5-23-2005 at 07:20 PM

OK I confess. I spelled "friend" wrong in my last post and, unlike Bernie, chickened out and corrected it!
++Ken++
bajalera
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-23-2005 at 08:51 PM

Bernie, there's no doubt you did the right thing--look at all those posts. Besides, why should Brews Leach have all the fun?

Lera

\"Very few things happen at the right time, and the rest never happen at all. The conscientious historian will correct these defects.\" - Mark Twain
mike odell
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-23-2005 at 09:29 PM
constubuted DAMN

I just ate 14 nopals,6 Japalenos,2 kilos of calamar,Washed down with I forget but I think 1/2 bottle of Porfidio tequila,.
and I am still CONSTUBED!! Me thinks I will get back to normal about 3AM???
Me No
Banned

[*] posted on 5-23-2005 at 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajalera
why should Brews Leach have all the fun?

Lera

:lol::lol::moon::O:lol::lol:
mike odell
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-23-2005 at 09:35 PM
constubuted DAMN

OOps, forgot what thish is alla bout, Am 57 yeers ole doday!
Pash me La tequillllla por favor!!!!
mike odell
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-23-2005 at 09:42 PM
My Goodness Gracias

Hoelllly Maaaackerel I gust lovvvvvvvvvvvve theis brando
tekilla, wiiiish youu werrrre alll heree! Goodddy Nighe, Opps
thees es the fisst timme I eveer speel worts thann Bruece
Leach!! HHa Damn Happyyee Birtday to Meeeeee!
yankeeirishman
Banned

[*] posted on 5-23-2005 at 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Yankee, that looks like it's right infront of Bahia Santa Maria! With drive up delivery service like that, does anyone still have a problem with beach driving in Baja???:lol::lol::lol:

Is there any damn place in Baja that you dont know, Mr Guru? :lol: What a great place Bahia Santa Maria is!

Pages:  1  ..  3    5    7  8

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.