Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Rustico
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-22-2005 at 12:02 PM
Rustico

Anyone who has spent any time down here having const. done, furniture made, or basically any other similar projects, has more than likely heard this term more than they would like.
I am teaching some guys about working with bamboo and have been hearing it a lot these days! This is one of the things I am trying to teach the guys that I don't want everything to look like.
I designed this table that needed 8 bamboo posts in between the legs at each end of the table with a space on the sides. I went over this project with 11-12, (my workers new name) and then left for Los Barriles.
When I returned, I found that "Scientifico" (my workers old name) had installed 12 posts and the table now looked like a lions cage. And it was no longer square. And I was mad!
11-12 has worked with me for months and he is really good. he learns quick, knows my feelings on "rustico" and is a really nice kid.
So I am examining this table to see what can be done to salvage it, not having any lions at this time. I am trying to squeeze the other end together when 11-12 says that it won't work. Why? I ask and he casually explains that because there are only 11 posts at that end and 12 at this end, it won't go together any closer to make it square.
Now I am livid!!! What the %#$@ do you think you are doing 11-12? "Scientifico"??? And you can't count to 12? I don't think so pal, Your new name is 11-12 from now on.

So, in the morning I am looking to see what can be done and he shows up. We decide it will make a fine baby crib and finish it up as such. It looks mighty fine in bamboo as well.

But, I mentioned to 11-12 that the baby will be squawking for pencil and paper to try and figure out what exactly isn't right about this crib. So Sr. 11-12 chimes in with, "that's right, this will be one smart baby with a built in calculator in it's crib.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.