Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: From the Utterly Shameless Self Promotion Department
academicanarchist
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-26-2005 at 03:28 AM
From the Utterly Shameless Self Promotion Department

I am attaching the page from the Fall University of New Mexico Press catalogue that advertises my new book. The book will be distributed both by Pentacle Press (http://www.pentacle-press.com/cgi-bin/store/commerce.cgi?pro...) as well as the University of New Mexico Press. When I was in New Mexico in March with the publisher of Pentacle Press, we visited UNM Press. The catalogue also lists one of my earlier books. UNM Press told me in March that they were going to print more copies of "Indians, Franciscans...," which seems to be selling well. A little bird told me that the new book should be shipped from the printers around June 3.

[Edited on 5-26-2005 by academicanarchist]

[Edited on 5-26-2005 by academicanarchist]
yankeeirishman
Banned

[*] posted on 5-26-2005 at 07:14 AM
Landscape services available too

Since when can we advertise at this forum? Perhaps I can start promoting my landscape and night clubs here?! Sorry friend...but we all dont want spam here. I'm not try'in to be a jerk here with you.

QUOTE FROM THE RULES:
Board Rules
Summary:

Please use common sense.

Authorized Use Policy:

1. Topics within the BajaNomad.com forums will pertain the Baja California, Mexico peninsula.

2. Topics should be posted in the forum most applicable to the subject of the posting. Advertising is only allowed in the Classifieds section.

[Edited on 5-26-2005 by yankeeirishman]

What control freaks there are here. Don\'t believe that post you just read!
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 5-26-2005 at 07:43 AM
this book should be an exception

Personally, I feel that this book is an important contribution to the folks that are interested in Baja California. It is right on subject. Most of us would not have been aware of this book had it not been highlighted here on the General board.

I think it fits nicely within the rules.

I will buy this book, as it addresses some of the subjects specifically about Baja California that I am interested in, and I believe that we all know of the authors laudable credibility.
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-26-2005 at 07:52 AM

I agree on the book.

Yankee, what planting techiques and therom do you cover at the landscaping night clubs?

Night Blooming Jasmin 101?

Full Moon Tilling?

:biggrin:

I get to Sacto area on business. Where are your clubs??

Mateo

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 5-26-2005 at 08:13 AM

Here's how to handle the situation, maybe...

As AA is a Nomad author and his book has Baja in it, it is not quite the same as spam... But,

To not break the rules or offend anyone, AA could talk about his new Baja related book here in General discussion with a link to a web site, but post the actual ad for the book in the miscl. classified board.

I am happy for Dr. Jackson (AA), as he has been working on this book for a while!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Eli
Super Nomad

Mood: Some times Observing, sometimes Oblivious.

[*] posted on 5-26-2005 at 08:17 AM

Alright A.A., congradulations, book coming out, new grandbaby, are you are having a great Spring or what? I am so happy I tuned in this morning and caught the news. Best of Luck, Sara
zforbes
Nomad

Mood: Living the dream

[*] posted on 5-26-2005 at 09:46 AM
Shameless self promotion or sharing?

Quote:
Originally posted by yankeeirishman
Since when can we advertise at this forum? Perhaps I can start promoting my landscape and night clubs here?!

Hi, Mr. YankeeIrishman...you have a point about the rules, but I would really miss hearing more about what people do besides go to Baja. I think it's interesting to get that little tidbit about what you do (from your response, above), and about JR's bamboo ranch and Shark's yummy seafood (made me want to drive up for dinner) and what various of our traveling artists, writers, explorers and photographers are doing. I hope there is a way that we can work this out to most folk's satisfaction, without tromping all over the rules.
wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-26-2005 at 10:12 AM

What kind of a deal can you make me for purchasing books for the new El Rosario library? (This and other Baja-related books?) Special rates for Nomads? Signed?
yankeeirishman
Banned

[*] posted on 5-26-2005 at 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Here's how to handle the situation, maybe...

As AA is a Nomad author and his book has Baja in it, it is not quite the same as spam... But,

To not break the rules or offend anyone, AA could talk about his new Baja related book here in General discussion with a link to a web site, but post the actual ad for the book in the miscl. classified board.

I am happy for Dr. Jackson (AA), as he has been working on this book for a while!

I'll agree with that DavidK. Now folks...I am NOT playing God here..or whatever. I just hate to see spam...whatever you wish to call it) here.

This is spam: "I am attaching the page from the Fall University of New Mexico Press catalogue that advertises my new book." and so forth.

jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-26-2005 at 10:52 AM
Yankee?

If your nightclubs and landscaping are Baja related, we would probably love to hear about them.
AA's books are pretty much to do with the history down here so I think shameless self promotion is highly acceptable and in fact, welcomed by many.
I sure don't wanna see any walmart ads here though.
yankeeirishman
Banned

[*] posted on 5-26-2005 at 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jrbaja
If your nightclubs and landscaping are Baja related, we would probably love to hear about them.
AA's books are pretty much to do with the history down here so I think shameless self promotion is highly acceptable and in fact, welcomed by many.
I sure don't wanna see any walmart ads here though.

Oh...you you dont want Walmart to advertise here? Stop being a crybaby :lol:

Price
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-28-2005 at 03:09 AM
My 2 Cents

I personally want to hear about what other nomads have to offer - we can help each other - as long as it is not a walmart - like ad - it should be ok ! Maybe form some sort of site for Baja special interests - crafts-books-services offered by nomads - maybe an online flea-market -
Just a thought !:light::light::?:
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 5-28-2005 at 06:41 AM

I think it is OK to let us know about any new books on Baja just like some one would tell you about a new business in Baja.it is not even the same thing as a landscaping co. in California.

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

eetdrt88
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-28-2005 at 09:00 AM
shall we behead him

or just take his firstborn??;D;D;Dgive the guy a break,all he did was write a book and from what i've heard almost everyone on this board has written one or is in the process...so what better venue to tell folks about it then right here
yankeeirishman
Banned

[*] posted on 5-28-2005 at 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by eetdrt88
or just take his firstborn??;D;D;Dgive the guy a break,all he did was write a book and from what i've heard almost everyone on this board has written one or is in the process...so what better venue to tell folks about it then right here

Board Rules
Summary:

Please use common sense.

Authorized Use Policy:

1. Topics within the BajaNomad.com forums will pertain the Baja California, Mexico peninsula.

2. Topics should be posted in the forum most applicable to the subject of the posting. Advertising is only allowed in the Classifieds section.

See rule two here? Or do we just bend the rules to our lik'ens and needs? Rules were made to follow. Make a new forum link for promotion. You can CERTAINLY talk about the book in General topics...but NOT advertise it! AS NOTED ON THE RULES!

[Edited on 5-28-2005 by yankeeirishman]

daveB
Nomad

Mood: wondering about Nomads!

[*] posted on 5-28-2005 at 10:24 AM
Thanks for checking in, AA

and the best of luck with your new book!
You've been busy and we haven't had a lot your usual wisdom gracing these columns, hope you can contribute in your usual way.
I approve. You've payed your "dues." WalMart is another matter. They never post from places like Argentina.
eetdrt88
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-28-2005 at 10:33 AM
yikes!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by yankeeirishman
Quote:
Originally posted by eetdrt88

Board Rules
Summary:

Please use common sense.

Authorized Use Policy:

See rule two here? Or do we just bend the rules to our lik'ens and needs? Rules were made to follow. Make a new forum link for promotion. You can CERTAINLY talk about the book in General topics...but NOT advertise it! AS NOTED ON THE RULES!

[Edited on 5-28-2005 by yankeeirishman]
let me guess,youre either a security guard at wal-mart or a volunteer policeman at a retirement center,either way youve got it all wrong,rules arent made to be followed....theyre made to be broken:lol::lol:
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-28-2005 at 11:06 AM
And you think I'm

bein a crybaby?:lol::lol::lol:
academicanarchist
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-29-2005 at 06:34 AM
Response

As David K points out, I have been working on this book for several years, and I have periodically shared my research related to the Baja California missions with the members of the forum. Some of the members of this forum have expressed interest in reading my book, so I have periodically posted updates on the status of its publication.For those who are not interested in the book there is a very simple solution, simply ignore my posts.
yankeeirishman
Banned

[*] posted on 5-29-2005 at 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by academicanarchist
As David K points out, I have been working on this book for several years, and I have periodically shared my research related to the Baja California missions with the members of the forum. Some of the members of this forum have expressed interest in reading my book, so I have periodically posted updates on the status of its publication.For those who are not interested in the book there is a very simple solution, simply ignore my posts.

I think I will pass all your spam infested postings. You are very right Sir, "Some of the members expressed interest". Not the majority here. This reminds me of those in political office that aquires power and favors...only to abuse the law (rules). This is what really happened here.

"I am attaching the page from the Fall University of New Mexico Press catalogue that advertises my new book". What the hell do you think this line (above)represents and the picture of your book?

Board Rules
Summary:

You must admit that you are notifying all Nomads here that you have a new book, up for sale with this posting. Why not just write about your book here?. and not advertise it here in the General topics. Read the rules, and comply with the rest of us! If you dont drop the book ad...then I and others than have spoken here will assume (and many others here that wont speak up) that you have abused the system with help. You"ll change my whole concept of what this board and it's good members are really about. At the very least, drop the picture from your posting and the word "for sale". But you will not, thinking that I am try'in to infringe on your creative rights (freedom of speech), wont you?! Not the case...I just hate any form of spam, and a rule breaker.

[Edited on 5-29-2005 by yankeeirishman]

[Edited on 5-29-2005 by yankeeirishman]

Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.