Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: BAJA 500 viewing.....
surfer jim
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-28-2005 at 10:14 PM
BAJA 500 viewing.....

will be down late Thursday....go to contingency Friday morning....maybe watch from Valle Trinidad area....if surf is "up" may head to Quatro casas later Saturday for a couple of days.....

anybody else going?......
Me No
Banned

[*] posted on 5-29-2005 at 06:21 PM

Surfer Jim, you would fit right in over at Baja.net. There is way more of a 40+ surf crowd over there. LOL. You can catch me in Ensenada all week. White peea yota. With a girl WAY too good for me, riding shotgun.:lol::lol: Then I will be out towards El Coyote, and the Mikes loop for the race..
bbbait
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-2-2005 at 06:50 AM

What time do you expect them to be in the San Felipe area? Might make a quick run down there....
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 6-2-2005 at 08:29 AM

Wayno, check the map... the closest location for you to watch is Valle Trinidad area. Unlike the good old days, these new racers just can't take the heat of the desert, so they stay away from San Felipe in June!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

surfer jim
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-2-2005 at 09:03 AM

Thursday 9 am....was going to leave later today but may wait until early Friday to leave.....also may go around Erendira area to view...and surf.....

also just RETIRED from work at 4 PM yesterday....it has been a busy week but getting better.....
Mike Supino
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-2-2005 at 09:19 AM

Riviera Racing (SCORE Trophy Trucks #3 and #99) will have pits throughout the race course.
I will have a pit between Mike's Sky Ranch and Highway 3.

Please be careful when spectating; stay clear of the course, do not locate yourself on the outside of a curve, do not attempt to touch a race vehicle and generally just use your head and have fun.

Our head quarters will be at the Coral Resort and Marina.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 6-2-2005 at 07:18 PM

Mike... I am rooting for Team Riviera! Let me know if the 'got baja?' sticker is on them (adds 10% more horsepower)!

Wayno... here's the map that was posted last month...

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

thumbup.gif posted on 6-3-2005 at 11:02 AM
hey Mike

you work with Mark Post's team? tell him i said hello, i hang out a lot with his director of construction ops for the large condo jobs they do all over the place. My buddy rides right seat in Mark's jet a lot - they were all in hawaii last week setting up for yet another job on the island. He'll know who you mean, we both are in the Sams, that's how i met TB.

I was at the finish line last nov when Post came in about 2:30 am - he was 3rd TT in i think behind Miller and the Truggy. wish i was at the 500 this year, but couldn't be - the 1000 seems just around the bend. we'll be at gonzaga watching the night action.....TTs at 110 mph, HIDs blaring....it's the best!!

good luck to team Riviera but i think this is Larry's time for win no. 6!!:yes:

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 6-3-2005 at 06:35 PM

No kidding??? Here in Oceanside (120 mi. north) it was a gorgeous day!

Gypsy Jan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Depends on which way the wind is blowing

[*] posted on 6-3-2005 at 09:49 PM
Hose A

In Rosarito today (Friday), the car wash sites were closed or had no business.

Is this an accurate weather prediction? :spingrin:

[Edited on 6-4-2005 by Gypsy Jan]

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow mindedness.”
—Mark Twain

\"La vida es dura, el corazon es puro, y cantamos hasta la madrugada.” (Life is hard, the heart is pure and we sing until dawn.)
—Kirsty MacColl, Mambo de la Luna

\"Alea iacta est.\"
—Julius Caesar

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.