Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Alternatives
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-4-2005 at 09:28 PM
I love this...

Here is JR, who never accidently hijacked a thread in his life Giving this (kid) generous person who just went through a living hell, a bad time, telling him he (JR) can't afford to read his post. Good lord man! It's short-winded RandyMac. Or is all your tolerance just for the children?
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-5-2005 at 11:40 AM
Hey, I'm serious!

I really can't afford to be reading novels at 5.00 per hour. I am a poor guy these days so I really have to be careful on what I read. I like Randy a lot and that was not meant to offend.
And, if Carol made something out of a sows ear, like me for instance, I would then be a sows ear purse!
And willie, I like dogs better too! Especially in Birria and couches.
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 6-5-2005 at 12:07 PM
Dogs

I have a close friend and a stepson who are both married to Filipinas. I have said on a number of occasions that the reason neither of them owns a dog is that they are afraid they'll come home some night to find that the esposa has cooked it for dinner.
They don't see the humor.
yankeeirishman
Banned

[*] posted on 6-5-2005 at 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jrbaja
I really can't afford to be reading novels at 5.00 per hour. I am a poor guy these days so I really have to be careful on what I read. I like Randy a lot and that was not meant to offend.
And, if Carol made something out of a sows ear, like me for instance, I would then be a sows ear purse!

Amazing that some folks takes this so seriously! Cant you see that ol' jrbaja is just pulling your chain? By the way jrbaja...can I order a couch from you?:lol:

What control freaks there are here. Don\'t believe that post you just read!
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-5-2005 at 02:13 PM
ats a lot o monie

Quote:
Originally posted by jrbaja

Holy cow JR, can't you invest in one of Bajabus' setups. You could have got a few by now at what you pay for online time. Where are you Los Cabos? Some acquaintances(pince) told me they paid $24 for 2 margaritas last week in Cabo. :lol: At least they didn't stray far.

Carol would need some hounds ears for purses. Those Mexican dog ears would only hold a few pesos.
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-5-2005 at 02:56 PM
After living with a Pilipina

for a number of years, and traveling throughout the Phillipine Islands on a 3 masted schooner (heh heh heh) I found out that this myth is just that! I even enquired as to whether it was true or not. Fact is, the primitive people may have enjoyed this not so dilicacy but in modern times, they don't.
Besides that, there's more meat on a parakeet than a Philipino dog. And the parakeet was quite tasty too!:lol:
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 6-5-2005 at 03:15 PM
JR and the Filipina

It's interesting that when I actually engaged in a serious conversation with my buddy's esposa regarding Poached Pooch, she admitted that she had eaten it when younger and some people still did, but it wasn't that common anymore. Right !

Which just reminded me of something. Back in 1996, when my Dad died and went to Hell, we had the responsibility of cleaning out his house. He had three horribly obese Irish Setters. We were unable to find anyone willing to take them, but two of my sisters were going to stay on for a few days longer at the house. They later called to tell me that someone had stopped by and taken all three of the dogs. When I heard that, I said "I hope that it wasn't a Filipino", to which my sister replied "Yes, it was, why did you say that" ? I said that she didn't want to know.

Just a few years back in Cathedral City, there were some Filipinos arrested for battering a German Shepherd to death with the intent to consume it and there were a number of stories over the years in Los Angeles about the same type of events so I guess some of them haven't yet gotten the new dietary guidelines. A State law was passed in California to protect dogs from that fate.

When my sister's kids were still in grade school in San Diego, in one class they were asked to write down their favorite foods. One of the sweet little Viet tykes listed DOG. It did not endear him to the rest .

Never say NEVER.

[Edited on 6-5-2005 by MrBillM]
jerry
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-5-2005 at 04:02 PM

couger makes great jerky
bear is kinda sweet
if you dont mind it too stringy
try some horse meat

elk is the finest of all wild game
puts beef in second disregarding the fame

rattle snakes iguana and gators too
are teasty fair and leftovers make shoes

like lobsters shrimp and crab
these sea insects sure dont teast bad

with emus turkeys and ostriges to pluck
why should a dog have all the luck

jerry and judi
Baja Bernie
`Normal` Nomad Correspondent

Mood: Just dancing through life

[*] posted on 6-5-2005 at 05:46 PM
Jerry

Hey! Guy--I ate horse meat during and after WWII and really enjoyed it--Couldn't get beef because of rationing. No fat and none of that other bad stuff.

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
jerry
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-5-2005 at 06:43 PM
horse cents

im not that old but i ate horse too not too bad just a little stringy now being on a low colestrol diet i just might have to do it again not soppost to eat fatty meat sea insects, shell fish eggs butter bacon sausage but it easy to follow if it tasts good spit it out.
i dought that the skinny dogs that i see in baja have much colestrol ill be looking at them in a different light now lol

jerry and judi
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-6-2005 at 08:44 AM
Good point on the never say never

They busted an asian style restaurant in Rosarito when all the dogs (and cats) started disappearing in the neighborhood.
But guess what, last year they busted a well know tamale restaurant in Sonora for the same thing, except the people were disappearing!
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.