Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-4-2005 at 04:08 PM
Loreto future

http://futurosalternativosloreto.org/project.htm
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 6-4-2005 at 04:17 PM

well I guess we will just need to wait and see what they come up with in about a year. I guess now the people at Harvard are going to be telling Mexico what to do with there towns.

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

Reeljob
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-4-2005 at 07:16 PM

GEEZUS. NEXT TED KENNEDY WIL BE DOWN HERE LOOKIN FOR A BRIDGE
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-5-2005 at 02:12 AM
Well, at least it keeps the grad students busy

Whoa...... I started out thinking...hey, this is great, a study with alternatives. Let's see??????? Should we put a Burger King or a McDonalds here? Let's stick with the "authentic" looking place..... love their before and after shots. Just exactly what I envisioned.

after presentation loads(takes some time) just left click on the screen to advance...
http://www.icfdn.org/tmp/Loreto_May_2005[2].ppt

My favorite:

[Edited on 6-6-2005 by Sharksbaja]
tehag
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-5-2005 at 04:10 PM
Lto future

The before and after slide show is interesting. The pic Sharks posted is an artists depiction of the new look at the Loreto Airport turnoff from Mex1. Hmmm.
elizabeth
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-5-2005 at 04:33 PM

Sharks...thanks for the link...extremely sobering and not a little frightening.
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-5-2005 at 05:32 PM
Correction

The Photo Posted is after you come into Loreto, as you go around the circle, there is the "El Nido' on the right, then the new Motel and then the pemex.
On your left is the Salverteria Motel. the Area coming out of the air[port and onto hwy 1 has not been developed at this point.

Skeet/Loreto
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-5-2005 at 05:33 PM
Correction

The Photo Posted is after you come into Loreto, as you go around the circle, there is the "El Nido' on the right, then the new Motel and then the pemex.
On your left is the Salverteria Motel. the Area coming out of the air[port and onto hwy 1 has not been developed at this point.

Skeet/Loreto
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-5-2005 at 05:42 PM
tehag

The El Nido is not in the picture but the New 3 story Motel is there and then the Pemex. Across the Street would be the old Bus station{not visible} and then the Salverteria Motel. We could always call Domingo and ask him to take a Photo.

If you have dinner there ask him to bring you the Pepper Plant for a Fresh chile>

Skeet/Loreto
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-5-2005 at 05:43 PM
Tehag

Identify the large Building on the Left.

Skeet/Loreto
tehag
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-5-2005 at 06:46 PM
oops

So I guess we're looking down Salvatierra then. Wonder what that mountain is out in the Gulf. As for the building on the left, I haven't a clue. This is a composite, computer-manipulated image and it's various parts may be from anywhere. In front of Motel Salvatierra the street is divided, and there are no shoulder lines painted on streets anywhere in Loreto proper that I know of. This is "art", and I still think, from looking at the other slide (the before slide in the Power Point presentation) that we are out on the highway. Anyway, Skeet, obviously you are familiar with Loreto. We probably have a nodding acquaintance. I tried to U2U you, but I guess I did it wrong. If you'ld like to eMail me back I'm tehag@cox.net.
jerry
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-5-2005 at 08:54 PM

yes the comex hardware store missing well allmost a whole block gone and the west bound lane north of the divider
or
its up by the highway 1 and the penix and the rest was added??

jerry and judi
oladulce
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-6-2005 at 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by jerry

... its up by the highway 1 and the penix and the rest was added??

my goodness, I must have missed a meeting.
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-6-2005 at 12:40 AM

:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::coolup::cool::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:
jerry
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-6-2005 at 04:46 AM

guess i could have mistakenly typed penis? seeing when i fill up with gas at this one i have gotten the shaft

have a good one jerry

jerry and judi
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-6-2005 at 07:09 AM

Sorry Folks I did not see the first Photso are realize that it was several different views put together.

The first Photo appears to be taken at Miramar, but then it never looked that steep to me.

Just shows what can be done with Photos.

Skeet/Loreto
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-6-2005 at 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Skeet/Loreto

Just shows what can be done with Photos.

Skeet/Loreto

or your town.... Skeet.
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-6-2005 at 03:25 PM
Memories

When I first arrivived in Loreto the Road was just being completed across the Mountain fro Villa constitution. yes there are many changes.
Short Story;{Please overlook all mistakes of Grammer, Spelling, etc.So Mr. Bill will be happy}

Out north of Loreto at Rancho sonrisa one afternoo, i observed a fancy chey pick up bouncing amopnt the sand dunes. On checking throught the buses I observed the Original Sin being commited in the Cab. later i was approached by a young Mexicano looking for a Tow out of the Sand, in which ,due to the rambunchious actious, he had embetted his Truck into the Sand.

Proceeded to help him out and took his Girl to work at a Local Cafe.
A week later this Young man was coming North along the Seinic veiw Point at about 100 MPH, proceeded to become airborne and hit the Rocks Below. He was discovered 2 Days later. he was a local panga Capt., his Girl Friend was P>G and she now has a teen age Daughter.

The Picture of the road brought back the Memories.

If this sad, but true story offends anyone, Please contact MrBillm, for corrections.

Skeet/Loreto{ Ole, Senile, losing it Fart}
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-6-2005 at 03:37 PM
Sharksbaja

Yes Sharks, that is Progress and that is the natural way of the future.

For 4 Solid years I fished Shark out of San Nicholas with Enrique Murillo, Chico and Manuel Fernadez. We would start out with a Cup full of Tequilla before daylight and end up with 2,000 Lbs of Shark either in the boat or tied to it, taking it back for the women of the village to Filet and Salt to be Sold . Food!!!!.

Anywhere that is easy to get in and out of like Loreto will change. I would hope and pray that it does not affect the people in Loreto, like the Changes in the States have affected its People, but I am Afraid it will.

At one time I had an Office on the 7th Floor of the Alcoa Building in San Francisco, with a view of the Bay and the city, but in 15 short years it chnaged from a Beautifull City to and "Ugly" City for Me.

I have finally found another Loreto for me! It is the Wide open Texas Plains with its Clear Air, Water and Good People. But I can never forget the good people of Loreto or its beautifull Sea Of cortez..
So enjoy as much as possible each Day!!

Skeet/Loreto
Capt. George
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-6-2005 at 05:29 PM

Skeet, I don't think "your" Loreto has been your Loreto for a long, long time. The changes have been for a while...I think including Loretanos.

Only my opinion....

hasta George
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.