Corona --- 4 (4.82%)
Mexicali -- 0 (0%)
Tijuana --- 1 (1.2%)
Carta Blanca --- 2 (2.41%)
Bohemia --- 11 (13.25%)
Negro Modelo --- 10 (12.05%)
Modelo --- 1 (1.2%)
Sol --- 4 (4.82%)
Like more than one, equally well --- 9 (10.84%)
Other --- 2 (2.41%)

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Beer Vote
eetdrt88
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-12-2005 at 03:27 PM
well we just had....

a little sunday taco grind at the festival where we work and of course it was accompanied by some cold tecate's....nothing like Nacho's carne asada tacos and cold tecate.....mmmmm;D;D
eetdrt88
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-12-2005 at 03:28 PM
good soda's...

Paulina
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-12-2005 at 10:54 PM

Gracie's vote...

\"Well behaved women rarely make history.\" Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 6-13-2005 at 12:17 AM

Paulina, is that wall at your pizza place near Morro Bay?

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Paulina
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-13-2005 at 12:32 AM

Yep, that's our front porch. Gracie goes to work with us daily, weather permitting. She is quite the surf bird now a days.

Paulina
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-13-2005 at 12:35 AM

My second favorite. Jimmy Smith told me that that the Tecate can is the state flower of Baja. I wonder if he knew that it also grew on trees?

[Edited on 13-6-2005 by Paulina]

Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 6-13-2005 at 11:26 AM
Tecate in bottles for general consumption

and Negra Modelo or Bohemia with beef based meals. I subscribe to the theory that beer (like wine) should be matched to the type of food you're eating.

I also think the Tecate that is exported to, at least, California is different than the Baja variety. Cans are a last resort or a practicality based on storage. Isn't CA a 3.2 state?

BTW, one of the biggies in brewing has re-introduced the Mexicali brand. I even saw the Mexicali girls at Palapa Jose's in La Mision a few months back. Could not remember if it tasted the same as the old Mexicali from the 60s. Of course, there's a lotta things I cant remember from the 60s........which is a sign that I was there.

Interesting....very few admitting to drinking Corona, even though it is by far the largest selling Mexican beer. I guess Nomads are a discerning bunch.

My favorite beer right now is Imperial......I just got back from Costa Rica last night.:lol:
eetdrt88
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-13-2005 at 09:28 PM
how about the Corona...

in the big ballena bottles down in Baja,tastes nothing like the corona beer up here....which btw has to be the lightest tasting beer that is available here,which also might explain its extreme popularity in so. cal.....a place where really fake people like to drink really fake beer:lol::lol::O:lol::lol:
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 6-13-2005 at 10:06 PM

It is funny, but back in 1977, we really liked Corona (in Baja)... I can't hardy stand it today... Has Corona gone down hill or has my beer taste buds improved???:lol:

The Pacificos we were swigging last Saturday in Ensenada were just sooooo very fine! That evening we had Dos Equis... and it was a let down... when I usually really enjoy XX... ??? Is it what you eat, where you are, or just the time of the month?? :lol::lol::?::lol::D

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

jerry
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-14-2005 at 06:25 AM
N.A. beer

is there any non-alcohal beers in baja?? if so what brand?? any in loreto?? have a good one jerry

jerry and judi
mysandybay

Mood: Good Time Charlie

[*] posted on 6-14-2005 at 08:25 AM

Pacifico is our favorite as long as it is cold. We have been to Mazatlan, Cabo and Puerto Vallarta but never to northern Baja. Soon when we buy a new 5th wheel.

Any cold beer will do for a thirsty Canadian on a mission and beer run.

Tom
Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-14-2005 at 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jerry
is there any non-alcohal beers in baja?? if so what brand?? any in loreto?? have a good one jerry

I saw some at COSTCO in TJ. Picked up the bottle cause I was curious thinking it was a real beer... Put it back quickly.:lol:

Next time I go I will get the name.

Oso
Ultra Nomad

Mood: wait and see

[*] posted on 6-14-2005 at 05:52 PM

A few years ago, I was on the wagon for a few years and used to take cases of O'Douls with me because I knew the concept would be extra-terrestial in Mexico. I remember a Blackshirt hittiing me up for one at Maneadero- Sure, I told him, but you won't like it.

Then, about 4 years ago, I reported on the Amigos board about the Paraiso del Desierto in Rocky Point. It supposedly had secure parking (hah). I had an open bed pickup and left the cooler in the back overnight. The next day, I opened it and two 12 packs of O'Douls were gone. My satisfaction came from imagining the thieves sitting around, swilling can after can, waiting for a buzz.:lol:

All my childhood I wanted to be older. Now I\'m older and this chitn sucks.
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.