BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Interesting posts or not?
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-6-2005 at 11:08 AM
Interesting posts or not?

What do the Nomads consider interesting posts on here? Long winded babble about nothing with the same group replying or controversial issues that recieve more replies and views?

I have a sneaking suspicion that most enjoy a little "controversy" according to the number of views these posts recieve.

Either way, the nonsense I write whether agreed with or not has certainly caused a number of people to pay attention. I think my name has been the title of more threads than anyone else on here.

Mikey was the first, then his whiney buddies, then Margie, then Ruby, hmmm, I'm beginning to see a pattern here. Do yall play banjo together by any chance?:lol:
Steve in Oro Valley
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-6-2005 at 11:27 AM

Has any anybody seen this cactus lately 8 mi south of El Rosario and 1 mile from Rosario Bay?http://www.columnar-cacti.org/myrtgerocactus/index.html

[Edited on 6-6-2005 by Steve in Oro Valley]

Mike Humfreville
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-6-2005 at 11:31 AM

I saw it just the other day. I'll see if I can find a photo.
comitan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 6-6-2005 at 12:00 PM

Larry

Really liked your story, But no apparent egos or one-upsmanship------
reminds of this community???????????

Strive For The Ideal, But Deal With What\'s Real.

Every day is a new day, better than the day before.(from some song)

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

“The sincere pursuit of truth requires you to entertain the possibility that everything you believe to be true may in fact be false”
Steve in Oro Valley
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-6-2005 at 12:27 PM

I will bet that Antonio of El Rosario knows about these two:

With all the activity in the El Rosario area this summer, it occurs to me that this would be a good opportunity to look for the extremely rare xMyrtgerocactus lindsayii -- a naturally occuring hybrid between the cochal (Myrtillocactus genus )and the velvet cactus (Bergerocactus genus)

Another naturally occuring hybrid in the area is xPachbergerocereus that was located for Lindsay and friends by Anita Espinosa in 1950. This is the hybrid that has characteristics of the giant cardon and the velvet cactus.

I would be nice to see some fotos that are more recent than 50 years old...:smug:

Someone in the area of El Rosario or maybe this NOMAD board probably has these unusual plants growing in their Baja demonstration garden.....;D

yankeeirishman
Banned

[*] posted on 6-6-2005 at 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jrbaja
What do the Nomads consider interesting posts on here? Long winded babble about nothing with the same group replying or controversial issues that recieve more replies and views?

I have a sneaking suspicion that most enjoy a little "controversy" according to the number of views these posts recieve.

Either way, the nonsense I write whether agreed with or not has certainly caused a number of people to pay attention. I think my name has been the title of more threads than anyone else on here.

Mikey was the first, then his whiney buddies, then Margie, then Ruby, hmmm, I'm beginning to see a pattern here. Do yall play banjo together by any chance?:lol:

Controversy is good reading. It most times will develope into a meaningful and interesting readings. I like the guys here with the great sense of humor too. Puts a "life" tag on the posterer. The little doggie quirks to the super imposed sureal photoshots to the Norte Baja gringoland slaps! All funny stuff. Interesting. Controversy I have been accused of....but at least I am making good coversation in the post. As I said at an earlier post..."Perhaps it is timidity that prevents many a person from standing squarely on their own philosophy and uttering nothing less than the highest truth they perceive. One has fears at the loss of friends or position. Actually, the danger lies in the other direction, in settling for less than one's best judgment". In other words...get in here (the posts) and type your hearts out!
For folks like lencho, Mike Humfreville, jrbaja, the Guru, and a gang more here.....are great. I agree with jrbaja here on the point topic....some posterers are really a bore. Go take their doggies away from them jrbaja! :lol:

Oh...what the hell does Myrtgerocactus lindsayii has to do with you post here jrbaja? Time to go Bishop Trout fishing ..see ya all in 5 days

[Edited on 6-6-2005 by yankeeirishman]

What control freaks there are here. Don\'t believe that post you just read!
Cincodemayo
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-6-2005 at 01:02 PM

Sounds like an ice cold case of Pacificos are in order here...

Don\'t get mad...
Get EVEN.
Cincodemayo
Senior Nomad

thumbup.gif posted on 6-6-2005 at 01:22 PM

Dang...is everyone uptight in here or what? What does it matter what kind of beer it is as long as it's ice cold? I love Coronas also...So Larry would you say no if you were parched and needed an ice cold beverage if there were only Pacifico or would YOU be a blithering idiot and just have agua?

[Edited on 6-6-2005 by Cincodemayo]

Don\'t get mad...
Get EVEN.
Cincodemayo
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-6-2005 at 01:24 PM

Most likely I'd have an assortment of beers so there would be no dissapointments Larry....

Don\'t get mad...
Get EVEN.
Cincodemayo
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-6-2005 at 01:33 PM

Well on that note make it Corona then....plenty of limes too.

Don\'t get mad...
Get EVEN.
comitan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 6-6-2005 at 01:54 PM

For my part its not what I like, its whats on sale at the local mercado

Strive For The Ideal, But Deal With What\'s Real.

Every day is a new day, better than the day before.(from some song)

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

“The sincere pursuit of truth requires you to entertain the possibility that everything you believe to be true may in fact be false”
Baja Bernie
`Normal` Nomad Correspondent

Mood: Just dancing through life

[*] posted on 6-6-2005 at 03:08 PM
Yankeeirishman

I find it absolutely hilarious that 'YOU' are taking exception to someone changing the subject of a thread---"Oh...what the hell does Myrtgerocactus lindsayii has to do with you post here jrbaja?"

You are constantly butting into threads started by the boring members of this board and changing it to something that tickles your fancy. You act like an overbearing bully and you say that makes good reading and that controversy is good.

The long winded drivel that you post seldom has any self redeeming value. You are entirely to full of yourself to be interested in much of anything others have to say. Controversy is not the operative word here -- Bullying and belittling of others is.

I think that someone should give you your blankie and put you back in your playpen until you learn a little about civilized behavior.

Hope this made interesting reading for you. Remember your word "CONTROVERSY".

I doubt that you will agree with much of this but it was--"my best jusgement" and it was not timidly said.

My grandmothers name was Nettie Powers but that does not make me a part of your bombastic crew.

To all of my fellow bores please forgive me for bringing controversy to this staid and boring forum.

Perhaps we all should bow down and quietly back out of the presence of our 'betters.' B.S.

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
yankeeirishman
Banned

[*] posted on 6-6-2005 at 04:34 PM
Calm down Baja Bernie ...take your pill.

The High and God Almighty has contacted me! My negative stuff? Duh.....what da think your are doing with this garbage of a response here? You have indicted yourself of being guilty as all of us are, for writing smut about others too! Proof is in your own post. My postings don?t "kiss ass" with everyone as yours do! Most of your responses sound like you?re on popularity campaign here. I am being honest, and real and yes, shockingly rude at times?not some monkey jock as you present yourself to some of us. Most of your links are bland, whitewashed?non-meaning, looking into your historical archives of this forum. MANY are in the off post. Geeze?I wonder why! The topics you are majority involved with are peppered with your statements of kiss ass responses. Bland, whitewashed?non-meaning? to repeat the fact.
If you are so fed up with my writings (or others), then speak up on that particular post! Don?t be shy to debate the issues with me. Don?t knock me down because I speak up. Kiss?y boy.

Hold your response to me..I am leaving in 15 minutes for a vacation. I'll need a good laugh when I return!

[Edited on 6-7-2005 by yankeeirishman]

What control freaks there are here. Don\'t believe that post you just read!
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 6-6-2005 at 04:59 PM
Beer ??

Now there is a great subject.

When offered a beer wherever I'm at and then asked what I would prefer, I answer "whatever you've got".

Generally speaking, Beer is like sex, the worst is still OK. The exceptions I found to that rule were some beers I sampled from Poland back in the 1960s. Some of those were truly horrible.
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 6-6-2005 at 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MrBillM

Generally speaking, Beer is like sex, the worst is still OK. The exceptions I found to that rule were some beers I sampled from Poland back in the 1960s. Some of those were truly horrible.

I think we have all had some sex like that also:lol:

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

eetdrt88
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-6-2005 at 08:41 PM
i'm drinking corona right now

Quote:
Originally posted by lencho
Quote:
Originally posted by Cincodemayo
Sounds like an ice cold case of Pacificos are in order here...

Controversy: I prefer Corona, what's so good about Pacifico?

Controversy a la Baja Nomad: You are a blithering idiot for preferring Pacifico. ;>

--Larry
but when in baja i actually prefer pacifico...dont really know why:biggrin::biggrin:
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 6-6-2005 at 08:47 PM

Steve... man, not only could I have taken a photo of this RARE cactus, last week... I could have dug it up for you! :lol: :lol:
http://community-2.webtv.net/thebaja/505

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Debra
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-6-2005 at 09:03 PM

Jr? Seems the title of your post says it all as to what you might be looking for? why ask? "interesting or not"

Not meant to be mean......just wondering,.....Trust yourself....
fdt
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Yeah, what if it all goes right

[*] posted on 6-6-2005 at 10:33 PM
I have a question

now that you are on the subject, have you encountered Palo Verde trees in the Catavi?a area? Blue palo verde occurs across the Sonoran desert, growing from central and southwestern Arizona into southeastern California, and south into western Sonora, Mexico. Disjunct ? that is, separated ? populations occur in northern Sinaloa and Baja, California. Foothills palo verde grows through central and southwestern Arizona and extends south into Sonora, Mexico, and Baja, California. :?:
Steve in Oro Valley
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-7-2005 at 08:14 AM

fdt:
Pachycormus discolor and Bursera microphylla and Prosopis torreyii are seen in the Catavi?a area.

I do not recall any "palo verde" except the roadside "junco" near Catavi?a...

Foothill paloverde and palo brea occur more commonly further south. The socalled "mexican paloverde or Junco (Parkinsonia aculeata, native actually to Argentina) occur all over the southern U. S. and Mexico.

DK:
I know you are kidding. Digital cameras work just fine however, if one should encounter a hybrid.

EL ROSARIO is on the edge where the California coastal chaparral and the Visca?no subdivision of the Sonoran Desert(These are two biotic communities that have been described) come together. Evolution can occur where such interfaces exist..

Lots of interesting fossils and geologic formations here too..

Steve in Oro Valley
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.