BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Questions about surfing & hotels in OCt. (SJDC)
el Rey

question.gif posted on 9-27-2003 at 02:59 PM
Questions about surfing & hotels in OCt. (SJDC)

I have been going Baja fishing since '88. Ive been to Loreta, La Paz, SJDC,Cabo, and places in between. Ive always gone solely for fishing.
But after 10 years of only occasionally surfing, I've gotten a renewed interest again. Anyways, it's been 4 years since my last trip, which btw, was a doozie! (5 days on the Sea of Cortez on a 55 ftr. out of La Paz)
I'm planning to make a trip in a few weeks and wondered if I could get some tips. I 'd like to focus mainly on surfing. I went out at Costa Azul once, and it was fun until I went to go talk with a surf fisherman after I got out of the water. I got bit by a man o' war. Ouch!.:fire: I couldnt believe something so small, could cause so much pain! And of course, at the time, I didnt know about the "pee on it" old-wives-tale remedy. Needless to say, I was out of commision the rest of the day.
:(
So could some of you maybe help me out with recommendations? Id like to stay in the area somewhere along the Cabo/SJDC corridor. Like I said, I havent been in quite a while, and it seems like most of you really know your way around that area, and are up to date on things. SO any hotel, surfspots, restaurants, links, you could throw my way Id reatly appreciate it.
I did do some looking on the web, but every website is going to tote their hotel as the best. I just came across a hotel online, that has a nice surfbreak right out your room door... but the prices were pretty steep($170) Maybe Im in a time warp as far as room rates go being i havent had to stay in a room for close to 8 years ... I figured since plane flight prices have stayed relatively the same , the room rates would still be the same as well. Is this true? Anyone recommend any packages? In the old days, ;D(b4 i had a computer) I'd look in the Western Outdoor News for a package deal, but now I have this. So thanks for your help in advance!
JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-27-2003 at 07:57 PM

Try staying an economy Hotel in Cabo like Fiesta Suites, do your homework and you will find a few economy Hotels that are nice and clean and fairly cheap, as far as surf breaks go, October is a very good time to surf the capes region, you have dozens of beach brakes from Cabo all the way to Todos Santos (too many to mention), and on the Cortez side you have plenty of breaks to choose from as well, and since its still Hurricaine season in the Pacific, you are most likely than not assured to get some good waves.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.