Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  4
Author: Subject: Gringo *******s
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-7-2005 at 03:46 PM
Gringo *******s

I have noticed a number of folks (gringos) moving down here, planning on retiring but have done nothing to become legal to achieve this goal.
These type of people are generally the first ones to complain (whine) in some cases about the Mexican *******s going into the u.s. workforce.
It kinda cracks me up that these patriotic PG's think it's any different for a gringo ******* going into Mexico. One thing for sure, they sure don't like the label, *******. :lol:

[Edited on 6-7-2005 by BajaNomad]
Baja Bernie
`Normal` Nomad Correspondent

Mood: Just dancing through life

[*] posted on 6-7-2005 at 04:28 PM
JR

Look at my first book--I talk, exactly, about that.

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 6-7-2005 at 04:36 PM

this is very common here in Mulege. I know of some people that have been her more than 10 years and have nothing.

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-7-2005 at 05:25 PM

Turn 'em in. Call Migra.

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 6-7-2005 at 05:28 PM

JR, tell them to grow bamboo for you and that will give them amnesty!

Where have you heard these illegals whine about their counter-parts? How do you restrain your anger at that moment?:?:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

mrchuck
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-7-2005 at 05:34 PM

Agree 100% with jrbaja and others on this topic.
Furthermore, these people are mostly are poachers as they:

1) never get fishing licenses,
2) or boat fishing license,
3)or boat matricula papers,
4) or get the 20 year temporary importation permit for their RVtrailer they leave behind,
5)or get anFM-3 to cover their residence and quads and cars left here,
6)Work illegally chartering their boats, or do handyman projects(electrical, carpentry, reel repair, motor repair, etc) for under the table pay, bake and sell their pies, cakes, etc. for money so they can stay down here longer.

Yes, this is the"gringo" group I get a hard-on for, as they all are taking jobs away from resident Nationals.

It wouldn't bother me at all if "Migra" came thru on one of their sweeps checking immigration papers, and scooped them all up on violations.

I expect some of them will be eliminated from here when the USA requires a USA passport to get back into the USA from Mexico on Dec 31, 2006.
Yep, that is exactly what the new law states.

Saludos,,,,,mc
surfer jim
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-7-2005 at 06:10 PM

Here we go AGAIN....:yawn:
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 6-7-2005 at 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mrchuck
Agree 100% with jrbaja and others on this topic.
Furthermore, these people are mostly are poachers as they:

1) never get fishing licenses,
2) or boat fishing license,
3)or boat matricula papers,
4) or get the 20 year temporary importation permit for their RVtrailer they leave behind,
5)or get anFM-3 to cover their residence and quads and cars left here,
6)Work illegally chartering their boats, or do handyman projects(electrical, carpentry, reel repair, motor repair, etc) for under the table pay, bake and sell their pies, cakes, etc. for money so they can stay down here longer.

Yes, this is the"gringo" group I get a hard-on for, as they all are taking jobs away from resident Nationals.

It wouldn't bother me at all if "Migra" came thru on one of their sweeps checking immigration papers, and scooped them all up on violations.

I expect some of them will be eliminated from here when the USA requires a USA passport to get back into the USA from Mexico on Dec 31, 2006.
Yep, that is exactly what the new law states.

Saludos,,,,,mc

Ditto

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

Me No
Banned

[*] posted on 6-7-2005 at 06:28 PM

I can feel a collective shutter from the Chicken Coupers!
Roberto
Banned

[*] posted on 6-7-2005 at 06:42 PM

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
PacO
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-7-2005 at 07:33 PM

That chubasco is certainly warming up! I love blanket characterizations, they are always so accurate.

[Edited on 6-8-2005 by PacO]
The Sculpin
Nomad

Mood: Riding into the Sunset, looking for a sunrise.

[*] posted on 6-7-2005 at 08:33 PM

Wages are better in the US for young mexicanos y mexicanas because the work is hard and they are best able to do it. After all, they can make in the US in one hour what it would take them a day or more at home.

Retirement is better in Mexico for the old Gringos Y Gringas because the life is easy and they are best able to do it. After all, they can make in Mexico in one hour what Social Security at home would give them for a week.

Give us your tired, your poor, your young, and we'll give you our retired!!!:P
pokey
Nomad

Mood: sun burned

[*] posted on 6-7-2005 at 09:33 PM

I think you guys have forgotten what it's like to HAVE to work.

When I met my future Mexican wife we had to wait 2 years for her papers to come in. During that time I supported us by commercial fishing on a purse seiner out of San Diego AND Mexico (among other jobs). I was happy to do the work and the (Mexican) captain/owner was happy to pay pay me to do the job. What's wrong with that?

I worked for 1/10 the $ in MX that I worked for In S.D or Alaska but when you need the money every little bit helps.

It's easy to pass judgement when you have a guaranteed income or are living comfortable with investments. Things are different when your wondering how your gonna pay the bills.
eetdrt88
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-8-2005 at 09:49 AM
i'd say 75% of the people

Quote:
Originally posted by pokey
I think you guys have forgotten what it's like to HAVE to work.

When I met my future Mexican wife we had to wait 2 years for her papers to come in. During that time I supported us by commercial fishing on a purse seiner out of San Diego AND Mexico (among other jobs). I was happy to do the work and the (Mexican) captain/owner was happy to pay pay me to do the job. What's wrong with that?

I worked for 1/10 the $ in MX that I worked for In S.D or Alaska but when you need the money every little bit helps.

It's easy to pass judgement when you have a guaranteed income or are living comfortable with investments. Things are different when your wondering how your gonna pay the bills.
on this board dont work and havent in some time:o:o:o
bajaruby
Banned

lol.gif posted on 6-8-2005 at 10:01 AM

Yeah! Like you and JR!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Cincodemayo
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-8-2005 at 10:10 AM

eetdrt88...
Where in Laguna ya live? We moved in 92 and were at Legion and Catalina where all the exotic palms are...Danged house is at about 3.5 mil now!

Don\'t get mad...
Get EVEN.
Big Al
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-8-2005 at 11:07 AM
Under the Table

Yeah, those Gringo *******s are really making a killing in the reel repair/pie baking industry. I bet they are pulling in fifty maybe even sixty bucks a week. Think of the taxes they are avoiding. And the out of work local must really be upset that illegal immigration is killing his income.

Come on, these retirees would be doing these same odd jobs here in the US under the table as well. Who is going to file a tax return for baking pies, electrical odds and ends and fixing reels? It fits under the catagory if misc. income and not very many retirees pay it north of the border as well. My grandmother lives alone in a senior park in Yuma and if it weren't for the neighbor contractors, her place would be falling apart. These people fill a gap inside the community in which they live. They speak the same language and people are comfortable hiring them for the task.

If you are worried about the gringos displacing the local worker in Baja than you are not seeing the big picture. I am sorry but it is not the same as the immigration problem we have north of the border.

[Edited on 6-8-2005 by Big Al]
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

lol.gif posted on 6-8-2005 at 11:17 AM
Very funny Me No

This one even brought druby back off the streets of T.J.:lol::lol: Damn!

But, I should clarify. It's not so much the gringos working here illegally, it's the ones who come down planning to live here (u.s.patriots?) setting up their digs or whatever without first becoming a legal rather than illegal alien.
Most everyone I know working down here have their papers in order and the ones who don't are afraid to go to work until they do.
Wonder why we haven't heard from mike humphreville on this ?:lol::lol::lol:
Mexray
Super Nomad

Mood: Baja Time

[*] posted on 6-8-2005 at 11:34 AM
Right on, Big Al...

JR, what about all those '*******' gringos and medicos that volunteer so much time and provide freebie services for locals in many Mexican villages

...and all those '*******' gringos that 'sell' their cakes, cookies, and pies at public events to provide funds for various charities

...and all those '*******' gringos that collect clothes, eye glasses, etc. to give away to many needy local groups all over Mexico

...and how about those '*******' gringos that arrange to have surplus equipment and vehicles donated to Mexican villages to supplement their firefighting and emergency facilities?

Sure, some are bound to be 'illegal'...is this actually, a BIG problem - do these '*******' invade the emergency rooms and state agencies for freebies, as their namesakes do above the border - I think not!

Do the '*******' gringos spend their hard-earned, life-long earned savings in their chosen Mexican villages for housing, entertainment, food and drink, etc. - I think so!

Climb off that 'high-horse' of your's once in a while, the view of reality is better down here...;)

According to my clock...anytime is \'BAJA TIME\' & as Jimmy Buffett says,
\"It doesn\'t use numbers or moving hands It always just says now...\"
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-8-2005 at 11:43 AM
From my gringo patriotic perspective

*******s is *******s. No matter which direction they came from or where they went or what they do.
And as far as my high horse goes, I suggest you take a reading comprehension course and try reading my posts again. I don't recommend taking one in the u.s. though as they don't seem to work.:lol:
And are you saying that it's 0k to come here as an illegal? Why? Because it's Mexico and gringos are "above" having to follow the rules?

Maybe something more than just the comprehension course would be in order in this case!:light:
 Pages:  1    3  4

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.