Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4
Author: Subject: Gringo *******s
eetdrt88
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-8-2005 at 11:45 AM
cinco...

i live in Laguna canyon right next to the "Sawdust Festival" where my wife and I will be all summer selling her art...she does copper enameling and we will be showing some new designs this year so it should be very fun....if you or any other nomads are in the area and interested in checking out the show let me know and i will gladly get you in for free and the first beer is on me,oh and btw they have some great music going on there from 10-10 everyday....here is a link to her website and the festivals website....http://www.setterholmenameling.com/ http://www.sawdustartfestival.org/
JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-8-2005 at 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jrbaja
I have noticed a number of folks (gringos) moving down here, planning on retiring but have done nothing to become legal to achieve this goal.
These type of people are generally the first ones to complain (whine) in some cases about the Mexican *******s going into the u.s. workforce.
It kinda cracks me up that these patriotic PG's think it's any different for a gringo ******* going into Mexico. One thing for sure, they sure don't like the label, *******. :lol:

[Edited on 6-7-2005 by BajaNomad]

I am starting a hombreminuto group to patrol the borders:lol:
Big Al
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-8-2005 at 04:01 PM
*******s

A ******* is used to describe illegal entry into the country. We all know the story if its derivation. The gringos heading south enter the country legally and then perform illegal commerce. or stay for illegal periods of time. Whether you want to admit it or not, this is different than waiting until the cover of night and slipping accross the border with 100 other people to enter the country for the specific purpose of illegal activities. One situation definatley creates serious social and financial situations. The other is more or less a matter of a beurocratic process and has very, and I a mean very, little impact on the lives of Baja Californians. The net effect on their lives is definately a positive effect not the other way around.

If the republicans didn't want all of the cheap labor and the democrats didn't want all of the potential union members and democratic party members, illegal immigration would have been halted long ago. Our vegetables may be cheap, but we are paying the price somewhere else one way or the other. I say, let the free market determine the price of our salads. If the farmers have to pay a decent wage to get lazy gringos off the welfare buffet and into the fields then let the wages and prices rise.

Wow, where did that rant come from?

And yes I do know what it was like to work in the fields. When I was a kid we would work in the fields in Washinton state picking berries, bulbs, cucumbers and anything else that would pay us enough to buy a new skateboard at the end of the summer.

Big Al
mulege marv
Senior Nomad

Mood: relaxed

[*] posted on 6-9-2005 at 06:34 AM
gringos

wow, i dont know you jrbaja but by your posts you seem very angry and bitter. i dont think i have read a post of yours that was positive about any gringos. i could be wrong but i dont think the legal thing really enters into it, it seems to me you just dont like gringos (even though you will throw in the just kidding, or "stirring it up" at the end of the post). but like i said i dont know you and may be way out in left field. we moved here legally (FM3, fidi comiso, fishing liciences, boat permits, etc.) my wife and i do as much as we can for the local community, she is a medical professional and does volunteer work in the local clinic. we brought nothing with us with the exception of personal items, and purchased all our furniture, etc. everything in mexico. without going into to much detail we have given more to the community than we have taken. we have many mexican friends who we have EARNED the respect of, and we respect them. i believe the only impact we have had on mexico has been a positve one, but in some peoples eyes i guess being american we will always be "p***** gringos", to bad really, i thought we were leaving the stereotyping in the states. Mexray you hit it right on the head !

[Edited on 6-9-2005 by mulege marv]

Want what you have
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 6-9-2005 at 08:15 AM

Good Job Marv!

That's the way it should be, me thinks!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Baja Bernie
`Normal` Nomad Correspondent

Mood: Just dancing through life

[*] posted on 6-9-2005 at 08:31 AM
JR

At least the govenment of the US has not yet provided manuels on how to break into Baja.

I just bought a new paddle--should I drop it off next time I am down your way???:lol::lol:

""That chubasco is certainly warming up! I love blanket characterizations, they are always so accurate."

PacO what a nice way to describe the blowing of hot air.

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-9-2005 at 10:05 AM
Not supposed to talk about *******s?

I guess living here for the last few years, I see things a little differently than the occasional tourist would in a week or two vacation.
And, I talk about them in the hopes that some aren't so patrioticallty blinded that they listen and try to act a little better than the majority of these obnoxious folks.

When anyone else says something about it they are labeled N-zi or anti american or who knows what. Because I am a gringo, I feel I have the right to comment on what I see.

According to the patriots on this board, I foresee bookburnings in the near future and everyone having to drink boxed whine and build homes in bola.

And as far as bitter goes, it's more embarrassment for my fellow americans. That's why so many lie and say they are from Canada, which to me doesn't make much difference!

And, anyone who actually does do things legally and helps their community should not take my generalizations personally!
Cincodemayo
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-9-2005 at 10:36 AM

eetdrt...
Is Bill still doing glass? How about Marcia Klass and her masks? Many great times at the Sawdust with all the artistic fireman back in the 80's! We'd know everyone and get in free..same with the Pageant of the Masters. Kenny Loggins at the Irvine Bowl...those were the days.

Don\'t get mad...
Get EVEN.
rpleger
Super Nomad

Mood: Was good.

[*] posted on 6-9-2005 at 02:33 PM

Right on jr.
You forgot to mention to shop local.
Here in Mulege there is not much that they don`t sell local anymore yet we see coolers of frozen meat and vans full of CosCo stuff everytime another PG returns from the north.

Besides all the legal stuff JR mentions

Richard on the Hill

*ABROAD*, adj. At war with savages and idiots. To be a Frenchman abroad is to
be miserable; to be an American abroad is to make others miserable.
-- Ambrose Bierce, _The Enlarged Devil\'s Dictionary_
Sallysouth
Super Nomad

Mood: missing Baja...

[*] posted on 6-9-2005 at 02:43 PM

Hey Cincodemayo and eetdrt! I drove by your house today(Cinco) on the way to my dentist! I always loved those palms. Great location.And my step-son has been working at the Sawdust for some weeks now, hauling lumber and building booths.I'll be sure to stop and say hi when we go (to the Sawdust). :yes:
Cincodemayo
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-9-2005 at 02:48 PM

Thanks Sally! Spent many a day relandscaping that casa as well as $$$$ in plants and sweat labor! The family that bought it has kept it up very well...

Don\'t get mad...
Get EVEN.
Cincodemayo
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-9-2005 at 02:53 PM

Sally...Sure miss getting home from work or the Fire Dept and grabbin the fins to bodysurf away the last few hours of the day then hit the White House for c-cktails...

Don\'t get mad...
Get EVEN.
Sallysouth
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-9-2005 at 03:21 PM

Oh Yeah! Well back in "those days" The White House was the place for good music and dancin' the nite away! And I was probably surfing at Doho while you were bodysurfing! My hubby grew up in the canyon, the old greenish a-type frame house! BTW, sorry to stray from the origin post so I'll sign myself off as a PG!!!:biggrin: Do you know Dr. Judy, my dentist? He is still an avid surfer!

[Edited on 6-9-2005 by Sallysouth]
Cincodemayo
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-9-2005 at 03:27 PM

Know him well...tell him Dave Dahl says howdy! His wife passed away shortly before we moved up to the Pacific NW...He must own half of Laguna by now!

Don\'t get mad...
Get EVEN.
Cincodemayo
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-9-2005 at 03:31 PM

Speaking of the original post did Laguna build the "Laborer" pickup in the canyon by Laguna Lumber? I remember John Lara did many cartoons about that heated subject! Is he still around too? He did many of the murals down in Cabo at the Giggling Marlin....

Don\'t get mad...
Get EVEN.
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-9-2005 at 03:40 PM
Hahahahaha

I would occasionally get workers from that spot by Laguna Lumber. Good memories!
Cincodemayo
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-9-2005 at 03:51 PM

JR...
The City sure caught mucho flak for legitimizing hiring illegals which the employers if caught by Immigration could be fined a grand per infraction. But at the same time they'd be great workers and certainly outwork all the whitefolk!

Don\'t get mad...
Get EVEN.
Sallysouth
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-9-2005 at 04:57 PM

Now this is funny! JR hiring "illegals"! They are the hardest working guys around and it really helps if you speak their language.I don't know what we would do without them. Just joshin' ya JR! I just made a call to my hubby to ask about Dr. Marks wifes' passing. Cincodemayo, which wife were you refering to? He has been married three times and his present wife was recently diagnosed with cancer. I did'nt ask how she was when I saw him today. It was'nt the "Contessa" was it? She was his wife # 2. Gonna ask about the Laguna Laborer when he gets home. he knows every one and every thing about Laguna.Maybe he knows you? Keep on keepin'on, Sally
eetdrt88
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-9-2005 at 05:05 PM
yea,it was the funniest thing i've ever seen

Quote:
Originally posted by Cincodemayo
JR...
The City sure caught mucho flak for legitimizing hiring illegals which the employers if caught by Immigration could be fined a grand per infraction. But at the same time they'd be great workers and certainly outwork all the whitefolk!
a bunch of bored white people holding signs standing out in front of the labor yard....hardcore laguna beach protestors:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
eetdrt88
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-9-2005 at 05:08 PM
hey,thats funny

Quote:
Originally posted by Cincodemayo
Sally...Sure miss getting home from work or the Fire Dept and grabbin the fins to bodysurf away the last few hours of the day then hit the White House for c-cktails...
thats what i've been doing every day after work for the last 2 weeks...sunset bodysurfing missions....nothing beats it:yes::yes:
 Pages:  1  2    4

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.