Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4
Author: Subject: Gringo *******s
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-11-2005 at 03:39 PM
Like I said

the tourism industry generates more money than the gringo *******s who are living here. Did I stutter?:lol:
bajaden
Nomad

Mood: vicarious

[*] posted on 6-11-2005 at 07:31 PM

I for one have never liked the word *******, but then I never liked the word licorice either. Something about the sound of it. I must confess that I'am ignorant of the laws of Mexico as portending to immirgation. I must assume Jr, that you beleive, or know to be true, that there are a lot of illegal gringos in baja. I know that I have met people in my travels that have taken up residence in baja and still come and go with travel visa's. I myself rent a place all year round in baja, but usually come down for only a month every year. I don't know if that makes me illegal or just finnancially stupid. I'am however moving down permanently this july and plan on getting my fm3 papers. All I know is that after 9 11 the gringos stopped coming down in their ususal numbers and the town of Mulege suffered. I think were good for the economy even if some of us don't have the best of intentions. I will say Jr, that despite your crusty exterior, you seem OK to me. Now hows that for sucking up.

Its no fun having a battle of wits with unarmed people
yankeeirishman
Banned

[*] posted on 6-11-2005 at 08:17 PM
Mnmmmm

Quote:
Originally posted by bajaden
I for one have never liked the word *******, but then I never liked the word licorice either. Something about the sound of it. I must confess that I'am ignorant of the laws of Mexico as portending to immirgation. I must assume Jr, that you beleive, or know to be true, that there are a lot of illegal gringos in baja. I know that I have met people in my travels that have taken up residence in baja and still come and go with travel visa's. I myself rent a place all year round in baja, but usually come down for only a month every year. I don't know if that makes me illegal or just finnancially stupid. I'am however moving down permanently this july and plan on getting my fm3 papers. All I know is that after 9 11 the gringos stopped coming down in their ususal numbers and the town of Mulege suffered. I think were good for the economy even if some of us don't have the best of intentions. I will say Jr, that despite your crusty exterior, you seem OK to me. Now hows that for sucking up.

Its no fun having a battle of wits with unarmed people

GUTs! I like this guy :lol:
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-11-2005 at 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MrBillM
. I've noticed that the hotel workers at those locations have been a mixture of Hispanics, Blacks, Indians, Pakistanis, and even whites so it would appear that there is an available labor force.

but good.

Even Whites????? Hmmmmmm you mean they do jobs as low as that
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-12-2005 at 12:29 AM
oops,brain fart....

Quote:
Originally posted by jrbaja
the tourism industry generates more money than the gringo *******s who are living here.

:?:or something went amuck with that post! Must have been the other me again:lol:

(sigh) (sniffle) (sniffle)

Seriously though, how many cheaters could there really be in Baja.
dono
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-12-2005 at 05:25 AM

Here in Los Barriles we have immigrations raids at least a couple times a year, usually its the same person that tries to cause problems, she doesn't like the competition, but the last time they deported anyone was about 8 yrs ago.
MH_Stevens
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-12-2005 at 07:00 AM

This is a great thread, so will someone direct me to a list of all the things one should do and all the licenses one should get to be legal on an extended stay in Baja.

Cheers,

Mike Stevens
Big Al
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-12-2005 at 12:03 PM

Quote:

Actually the government LOVES to have dollars sent home to other countries because these people tend to hoard them thinking they are more stable than pesos.

Since we MAKE the dollars for FREE the US Government wins. It?s only paper and if it isn?t cashed the government is MAKING money!!!

You are kidding right? If the US needs more money we just print more? If it were that simple why do we have a national debt in the trillions? You can't just print more money when you need a little extra. The closest thing to printing your own money is done by Arabian oil and drug growers.

Dollars are cash you don't have to cash them.
Big Al
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-12-2005 at 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jrbaja
and in fact a good many of those workers had their green cards.
But, the fact was they could outwork any of those surfer kids blindfolded and they would show up for work on Monday without some sort of hangover!:light:

I will admit that I have hired illegals in the past and actually from a humanitarian perspective felt good about. But in the big picture, I realize that this is not good for our country. As far as hangovers are concerned, The illegal community drinks more than their fair share. When I would hire one of these day laborers on a Saturday they would rarely return on Sunday because they drank much of the previous days earnings. Some guys I would have to hold on to the money and pay them after the second day because they did not trust themselves to not spend it on booze. I new one guy quite well. He lived in Penasquitos canyon in a make shift community. He did not drink, so on Satuday and Sunday mornings he would clean up all of the scattered empty cans of Bud while the rest of camp was sleeping it off. I would take him and his 4-6 bags of empty cans to the recycler every week. He called it his weekly bonus.

I am not trying to bag on this community, it is actually quite sad that 20-30% of their efforts is wasted on beer. Most of the guys I hired were hard workers and some skated by. That sounds just like my office of legal gringos.

If this country would come to a halt if they were removed from the country, than that is proof that the situation is worse than most people realize.

Raise wages for these jobs to a decent wage and get every able body off of public assistance and we will solve two problems. When these crappy jobs pay less than welfare, why should they work at all. The only people working at these jobs are illegals because they can't get welfare. Although, there are some out there that would like to grant them that benefit as well as the others they now enjoy.

As a ******* American, head to your closest hospital south of the border and try and get your health needs, emergency or not, taken care of for free. It won't happen. In fact they may not treat you at all unless you pay in advance.

Big Al

[Edited on 6-13-2005 by Big Al]
 Pages:  1  2    4

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.