Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Drive to the tip
pascuale
Nomad

Mood: Lets fish!

[*] posted on 6-10-2005 at 08:11 AM
Drive to the tip

Left San Diego at 2:30 am on thursday the 2nd. Crossed the border and headed south. Did not stop the whole day except for bathroom breaks on the side of the road and gas. Made it to Puerto Escondido at Tripui by 6pm. They wanted $50 to camp for 1 night for 6 people, which was much more than last time I was there. We told them $5 bucks a piece and they refused completely, until we drove away. The camping is on rocks anyways, but the best part is the pool by the restaurant. We also spent $110 on food and drinks at the restaurant. The next morning we left and made it to cabo by 1pm which was only 6 hour drive. Cabo was the usual but my friends wanted to go and party for 2 days so we did. All inclusive plan at finisterra hotel was well worth. $55 a day per person + room fees for all you can eat, drink, and free room service. Unfortunately I left the hotel to only go to the bank, bummer.
On Sunday we left for Casa Sarah at Rancho Leonero, which is a friends aunts house. I thought it might be kinda nice but I never expected it to be a resort all to ourselves. The house is amazing and on the beach right south of Leonero. My friend Todd and I entered the Lets talk hook-up tournament for fun, fishing on a Super Panga. Over two days of fishing we place 2nd in the tournament with 3 striped marlin and 4 tuna. It was a fun tournament and all of the people at the Hotel were very family like. It seems as though everyone down here has very grande hearts.
Yesterday (thurday), we fished with trino out of La Ribera on the Panga Paloma. I guess we did better than most and caught 3 huge Pargo, 1 at 45lb, and 1 rooster fish, and 1 huachinango. I guess we have been very lucky with our fishing because alot of boats have been coming back with nothing on a daily basis. Thats the report for now and we leave to drive home on Sunday. I will post pics when I return if I can figure out how. All the roads were good the whole way down with alot of cows south of Loreto to the tip in various areas. The water is about 74-78 on the east cape and he air is perfect at about 80 every day with cool nights.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 6-10-2005 at 08:21 AM

Great report, thanks!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

LarryK
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-10-2005 at 08:31 AM

You got hooked up with one of the best Panga skippers on the east cape. Trino is an independent that the hotels use when they are booked solid. Very nice man with a great family.

What a lot of people do not know is that they can ask for a skipper by name when staying at the resorts. You will not go wrong with Trino and the Panga Paloma.

Glad you had a great trip.
pascuale
Nomad

Mood: Lets fish!

[*] posted on 6-10-2005 at 12:53 PM

Yeah, Trino was one of the hardest working and knowledgable captains I have fished with. George bergin hooked me up with him. Another great guy is Gaspar who has introduced us to alot of great people here. There are not too many places where everyone who drives past waves at you. Trino really put us on some of the funnest shallow reef fshing for pargo I have ever done. those things tear live mullet apart. Great vacation.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.