Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: Avatars
Bajame
Nomad

Mood: Baja Dreamin

[*] posted on 6-13-2005 at 09:16 AM
Next trip

Hi Natalie, Hi Baja Angel.

We are planing one for Oct, so far theres four of us going but you know how that goes! Looking for one of those little utility trailers so we can stuff it and leave room in the suv. Has to be a cheapy. Plan to go all the to Cabo very slowly but we will be free to do what ever feels good at the time. Sure love my kayak bought it in May on ebay for $320. It's a feel free Nomad now thier going for $500 to $600. Let me know when you can have lunch! Baja Ma. Sherry, Bajame.
roundtuit
Senior Nomad

Mood: Wife's Job

[*] posted on 6-13-2005 at 09:42 AM
Trailers for Sale

I just bought one from Home Depot for $ 800.03 out the door, tax lic included. Looked all around and this was the best deal. Approx 4x8 and even has a tilt bed. 13 " tires . Plan on using it Oct. for My trip down:light::light:
Bajame
Nomad

Mood: Baja Dreamin

[*] posted on 6-13-2005 at 10:26 AM
Trailer

Thanks that sounds great! Will check it out.
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 6-13-2005 at 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajame
It's not all that easy since we can't put our own password in.
Not so.

Got to your user control panel after signing in, and click 'edit profile' - where you can change the password from the one originally issued.

--
Doug

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 6-13-2005 at 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
...A good idea is to NOT log off if there is a chance you will forget your password. No reason to log off, unless you are on a public computer.

Technically what keeps you logged in is a cookie placed on your machine to identify you at THAT machine.

Cookies have expiration dates. I do not happen to know what the expiration time is on the cookies presently, but on occasion users here comment they don't remember their passwords and got logged off... which is the cookie expiring.

So, I wouldn't totally forget my password.... or, at least figure you'll have to use the "lost password" feature to have a new one assigned and emailed to you.

fyi.

--
Doug

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 6-13-2005 at 08:27 PM

Bajame/ Baja Ma, are you reading this?

I added more help for you on emailing me, over on Fred's board where you couldn't figure out my email address (info*at*vivabaja.com... change *at* to @)

Do you know how to use U2U here on Nomad? That works too... Click on the button that says U2U on my post and write... But you will need to email me the photos you want to show... I presume they are in a file on your computer?

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

bajaden
Nomad

Mood: vicarious

[*] posted on 6-13-2005 at 10:01 PM

I know I'm new on this board. I'm still learning. I'm a willing learner. First , I thought an avatar was a fish, then I thought it was a plane. You know, people flying into walls and things. Then I thought, someone is shopping for one, maybe I can buy it at Costco. I couldn't find it in my dictionary. I suspect its some sort of code that only you 5 and 6 star guys know. Man am I jealous. I can't wait to get old.........

Its no fun having a battle of wits with unarmed people
Baja Angel
Junior Nomad

Mood: ...just cruisin'

[*] posted on 6-14-2005 at 07:45 PM

:( HELP!!!!!!!
I have had a nice avatar land in my mail box but I can't figure out how to get it posted... :?:
Any suggestions? I can't seem to figure out the URL address :rolleyes: :saint:
Baja Bernie
`Normal` Nomad Correspondent

Mood: Just dancing through life

[*] posted on 6-14-2005 at 07:50 PM
Bajaden

I am here to assure you that you should not be in a hurry to get old. The post/years will come faster each year and you will rue the day you made that comment. Relax it will call come to you. And Welome to the funny farm/beach.

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
Oso
Ultra Nomad

Mood: wait and see

[*] posted on 6-14-2005 at 08:01 PM

Don't feel bad about it. I still haven't figuered it out. I got one by email. uploaded it to the freebie website, copied and pasted the URL to my profile and it still didn't work. I'm still trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong.

All my childhood I wanted to be older. Now I\'m older and this chitn sucks.
Baja Angel
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-14-2005 at 08:10 PM

Thanks Oso... I was beginning to think I was having more than just "a blonde moment" :lol: :saint:
bajaden
Nomad

Mood: vicarious

[*] posted on 6-14-2005 at 09:55 PM

I read that there's a place just outside of sacramento that raises them. I'd like to know what they eat.

Its no fun having a battle of wits with unarmed people
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-14-2005 at 11:34 PM

Maybe we can help a few with problems:lol:

First off lets see if you can paste viable URLs?

Then we'll move on if necessary

In the control panel , go to the profile page below and enter the following in the blank avatar box:

http://www.sharksseafoodbar.com/hullamod.gif

then save the entry. Go to see if it loads with a new message called "TEST" If you don't see an avatar go back to your profile and see if the last URL you entered is still there. If it isn't you probably have a security software or another command blocking such cuts & pastes.

First one who does it gets a prize;D
mulege marv
Senior Nomad

Mood: relaxed

[*] posted on 6-15-2005 at 03:25 AM
help baja angel

baja angel sometimes when they are posted on the board they just seem to make it where they belong. so here goes !

Want what you have
mulege marv
Senior Nomad

Mood: relaxed

[*] posted on 6-15-2005 at 05:18 AM
like i said

someone is real helpful out there !

Want what you have
Baja Angel
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-15-2005 at 07:07 AM

mulege marv, sharksbaja, BajaNomad?

:bounce: you have just sooooo made my day! :bounce: Thank you so very much :lol:
My computer wouldnt let me cut, paste, copy or nothing... I am still going to try to get it figured out though because I really don't want my computer to be smarter than me.
You all have a GREAT day!!!!!!!! :saint:

[Edited on 6-15-2005 by Baja Angel]
Baja Angel
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-15-2005 at 07:09 AM

Geeeeeezzzze... now I can't get off here and finish getting ready for work. Isn't she cute? I love it! Thanks marv :saint:
yankeeirishman
Banned

[*] posted on 6-15-2005 at 07:21 AM
spare the despair

Quote:
Originally posted by roundtuit
I just bought one from Home Depot for $ 800.03 out the door, tax lic included. Looked all around and this was the best deal. Approx 4x8 and even has a tilt bed. 13 " tires . Plan on using it Oct. for My trip down:light::light:

I've used open trailers for primative camping and all that for years....and the best advice you ever get on this day is this....get a spare tire for the trailer! I have seen a few folks standing off the highway....doing an shocked glazed eye' balling at the tire that is flat. :?:

[Edited on 6-15-2005 by yankeeirishman]

What control freaks there are here. Don\'t believe that post you just read!
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 6-15-2005 at 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by roundtuit

What does this have to do with avatars???:?::lol:

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 6-15-2005 at 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Baja Angel
Geeeeeezzzze... now I can't get off here and finish getting ready for work. Isn't she cute? I love it! Thanks marv :saint:

Yes, she is cute! Now I am jealous... can we make my smiling sun avatar move?:lol::rolleyes:

Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.