Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: The Secretary of Tourism on Baja Talk Radio
MexicoTed
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-18-2005 at 04:47 PM
The Secretary of Tourism on Baja Talk Radio

Hey Nomads:

BIG show this Tuesday (June 21st). Free rooms given away!

I wanted to let you know that the Baja California Secretary of Tourism, Sr. Alejandro Moreno Medina, will be Baja Talk Radio's guest.

http://www.worldtalkradio.com/show.asp?sid=126

Here's your chance to ask any question about Baja Tourism of the man in charge. Please email me or call in at 888-514-2100 with your questions (int'l. is 001-858-268-3068).

We are 95% sure we'll be giving away a two-night hotel stay in Baja to one of the phone callers with a great question for Sr. Moreno. The Secretary will decide at the end of the show who receives the free nights. I will know for sure on Monday and post the answer here.

Hope all of you will listen,
Ted

MexicoTed
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-20-2005 at 05:53 PM
Two free nights at Los Vientos in LA Bay

Call in to tomorrow's (Tuesday June 21st) Baja Talk Radio show with special guest, the Baja California Secretary of Tourism, and you might win two free nights at Los Vientos Resort in Bahia de Los Angeles.

The Secretary will pick the best question at the end of the show. Make sure you also email us with your contact information.

For details, see http://www.worldtalkradio.com/show.asp?sid=126

Good luck,
Ted Donovan

Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-20-2005 at 06:20 PM

Are the questions screened?

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 6-20-2005 at 06:35 PM

I would like to know why the STATE of Baja Calif. says one thing about the need for tourist cards and the FEDERAL government says another...!

For example:
'The border zone' (no card needed for under 72 hours) includes San Felipe... or not? (The Feds say south of Mexicali a FM-T is required and the state and San Felipe people say south of San Felipe)... all seem to agree Maneadero (Punta Banda) is the west side limit... except your past guest from that dept. made it sound like all of Baja Norte in the border zone... afterall, they only check for them at the Baja Ca Sur state border...???

Is it still 72 hours for no tourist card in the border zone or is it now 7 days (the extended free period)? Is all of the state of Baja Calif. in 'the border zone' as I think the lady said on your show, from that office? Obviously the fewer hassles and taxes (fees) imposed on tourists, the more will come to Mexico to spend money... But, it would be bad if someone was picked up by Feds in an area they thought was a no card needed zone.

Obviously, imigration and tourist cards is a federal issue... so the state people really need to be careful that they don't say things to potential tourists that violate federal law... yes??

Thanks Ted for your great work... this should be made totally clear for all the listeners, I think.

[Edited on 6-21-2005 by David K]

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

MexicoTed
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-20-2005 at 06:45 PM

Dave & David K:

Thanks for writing. The questions aren't screened unless they are absolutely rude or out of this world crazy (believe it or not I've had a couple of those people on the show). I have told them it could be positive or negative (construtive I hope) questions or statements.

As I understand it, and they'll tell you tomorrow, everyone who stays past 72 hours OR goes past San Felipe or Maneadero needs a "tourist card". Payment is the question and I understand you only pay if you are there longer than seven days. Don't take my word, take their word tomorrow.

David K. good work with Antonio on the Baja Rosario Festival. They didn't even know about it. I am going to tell them tomorrow.

Ted

MexicoTed
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-21-2005 at 04:25 PM

Hey Nomads,

If you listened to the show or will listen you'll see the Secretary of Tourism cancelled at the last second because of a scheduling conflict for a meeting with the Governor i believe. But we were fortunate to have Teresa Matamoros (Markrting Director) on and she was great. We will reschedule him this summer.

We also gave away a two night stay at the Los Vientos Resort and Spa in Bahia de Los Angeles to one of the callers.

I am thinking of having giveaways each month.....

Ted

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.