Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  ..  5
Author: Subject: Forum Psycological and physiological implications
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-21-2005 at 12:57 PM
Forum Psycological and physiological implications

There might be WAY MORE+++ use for this forum than meets the proverbial eye. It looks to uncover in some, a talent not well exercisized in our normal daily affairs. It may unearth an artist or an expert on geology. Out comes a philantropist and a homeopathic healer. It is truly a cross-section of knowledge and experience. Noting the average age of 52 (my age) times the number of Nomads equals a huge resource . A resource that exceeds.

The poet, skindiver, off-roader or community volunteer, it seems not to matter. The emphasis is on "DO" it in Baja and to bring it out or keep it alive in this Nomad Forum.

WE all glean something from others here. To say not would be pompous. WE all(with the exception of a few)have something of benefit to our brethren.
I may not always agree, but some posts have changed my opinions and the way I look at some things now. The feedback here is certainly "in your face" reporting and it bothers some. I wish that some were not so fixed in their views, but that also is what keeps us thinking. ALL THOSE TOPICS> HOLY COW, we should be informed. Better than FOX news!:lol:

I like it. Being informed.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Edited on 6-24-2005 by Sharksbaja]
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-21-2005 at 01:21 PM
Sharks

Good Words!

Sharks the thing that insterest me is the People and where they are coming from and Why.

Why does ND, BB, JR post and respond in the manner in which they Do???

I also search for the Reasoning behind what that Person may be writing.
There are many on this Board who do not want to have their background known, it casues difficulty in "Figuring out where they are coming from!!

That may be the reson so many Post with others Quotes.

I try to learn something each day of my Life, and you can sure learn some things that are hard to beleive!!

Skwwt/Loreto
surfer jim
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-21-2005 at 03:07 PM

Way over my head...I just want some waves....;)
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-21-2005 at 03:19 PM
Hey Skeet

I post the way I do because I have hopes that the patriotically blinded arrogant P-nche gringos that seem to be taking over Baja these days might show a little respect for the humans who live here.
If you don't understand that, well, you had better go to confession! Or take drugs, or something to open your eyes.
This isn't the Baja that you knew my friend and it is becoming quite serious. After all, why did you leave?
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-21-2005 at 03:31 PM
Jr

JR I am sure you read the Post on why I left.

Yes it is not the Baja I knew and it will never be the Baja you Want!!!!
JR I seem to read in your eyes the ability to know when you are "Shoveling S t aganist the Wind!!
Change your direction and energy and keep helping the People who you and I both Love. Use your engery for those in need as the Mountain Folk are and remember the iso;lated spots that you and I both know where to go and Hide when it gets so bad we cannot stand another Ugly americano!!!

There has been a real lack of teaching the fundmentals to the Youngins , all you have to do is read the Slop spewed forth in the Senate.

Somtimes there are people who go to Baja for the love of the country and its People, others to SMOKE DOPE, go Nude, and take from the people. How Sad!

Skeet/Loreto
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

lol.gif posted on 6-21-2005 at 03:42 PM
Praise the Lord

I am also a firm believer that the patriotically blinded seem to think that if there's a problem, ignore it! I say screw that and throw it out in the open to discuss. Obviously the coup groupers don't want to hear anything negative about themselves but screw that too!
Most aren't intelligent enough to have a discussion or debate to try and come up with solutions but I recieve enough support from the humans that I feel I have done some good to help open eyes. Give it a try sometime when you aren't in church.:light:
Osprey
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-21-2005 at 03:45 PM

Sharks, I feel I haven't done enough philosophizin'. You got me stoked so I'll start now with a sage quote you can live your life by " Walk stickly and carry a big soft".
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-21-2005 at 03:47 PM
And speaking of ignoring

That seems to be exactly what your wonderful Dr. Hibbif did when we were helping Aaron.
Who is now doing incredibly well. But as far as taking donations to him, mine go to the people in the mountains who really need them and I know they get them rather than being sold!
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-21-2005 at 04:45 PM

["I know they get them rather than being sold!"]

JR are you saying Dr. Hibbif is selling the donations or are you just making a general statement.
dono
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-21-2005 at 05:10 PM

Sharks, right on.
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 6-21-2005 at 06:08 PM
What a Load of Caca

Talk about pompous asses, there are obviously a whole bunch of people here who take their mission in life and this forum WAY too seriously. This is all for play. Nothing anybody says on this forum is going to change anything in a meaningful way. If you're that serious about life, Baja or otherwise, go do SOMETHING. Volunteer in support of your favorite cause. If your written profundity had any value, you'd be making a living at it.

I'm going to open another cerveza and drive down for a dip in the ocean in support of my favorite cause (me).
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-21-2005 at 06:29 PM
There you go again Bill

you being semi new apparently aren't aware that a little boy was helped, a number of needed donations were sent to the mountains, and cases of repellants were sent down south when they were out and dengue was attacking. All because of caring humans on this forum.
It certainly didn't make you any money so I understand where you are coming from!
Why don't you go clean one of your weapons or something to be prepared for the boogie men you are so worried about.:lol:
Tommy A
Nomad

Mood: Relaxed

[*] posted on 6-21-2005 at 06:30 PM

This thread is off topic crap, why don't you guys put it there and give us all
a break from this bull!
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-21-2005 at 06:31 PM
TW

I was generalizing because that was brought up by some a long time ago.
But, I don't take donations to gringo places or big cities where they already have access to getting things.
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-21-2005 at 06:33 PM
Tommy A

did you ever consider not reading if it bothers you? Or maybe posting something of interest yourself if you are capable!
Tommy A
Nomad

Mood: Relaxed

[*] posted on 6-21-2005 at 06:37 PM

TO JR

Hey ****** look at my past post they are all about baja not this kind of crap!

[Edited on 8-12-2005 by BajaNomad]
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-21-2005 at 06:44 PM
Not interested in a tourists view thanks

And I like mine scrambled since you seem to be a member of the "group". Howz bola these days?:barf:

[Edited on 6/22/2005 by jrbaja]
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-21-2005 at 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Tommy A
This thread is off topic crap, why don't you guys put it there and give us all
a break from this bull!

They are PERFECTLY ON-TOPIC

So you're saying that we're not on topic. Baja and it's orphanages and people who actually give a sh*t or more, that are Americans or residents is not relevant?
So our voice during the learning process about Baja and with these Nomads is irrelevant.
Every post on this thread pertains. Show me where it doesn't. Whether or not u like the skirmish, is what is irrelevent.
yankeeirishman
Banned

[*] posted on 6-21-2005 at 06:48 PM

Why the hell cant someone just post his or her writings here and that is that? I posted ?Flaming and trolling. A promise to stop.? last week and what happens? It?s turns into a damn debate about the Broncos and the Raiders football teams! So much for me trying to be a sport here!
Sharksbaja post here is (from what I gathered) is all positive promotion of the BajaNomads forums. Not that I agree with all his stuff (postings)...but this one made alot of sense. This wasn?t some knucklehead post. Let's not over run this post with non sense (like football talk)!

We need another topic listing: DEBATE! Take the fights to the arena.

What control freaks there are here. Don\'t believe that post you just read!
bajaden
Nomad

Mood: vicarious

[*] posted on 6-21-2005 at 06:53 PM

Jr, you crack me up. Your the only person I know who's trys to change the way people think by hitting them in the head with a brick, calling them ignorant and then tooting your own horn. Actually, I don't know you, and you don't know me, and you probably don't know most of the people on the forum. Personally I mean. Yet you make judgements about those people. What I do in life, and whether or how I help people is no ones business but mine. I could be Mother Terresa or I could be Hitler. My point is Jr, that you post. You must do it for a reason. You either want to convince people that your an arrogant ass or your really trying to change the way people think. I mean sometimes you get so busy attacking people that I don't know what your point is. I guess Im just one of those ignorant people..

By the way sharksy, I thought you made a great post. Don't take that too much to heart, because Im just an ignorant sucker.

Its no fun having a battle of wits with unarmed people
 Pages:  1    3  ..  5

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.