Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4  5
Author: Subject: Forum Psycological and physiological implications
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

lol.gif posted on 6-21-2005 at 06:53 PM
This is no fight

Just the usual cackle from a certain well known group.
David K
Honored Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 6-21-2005 at 06:54 PM

Boys, boys... You can sure tell when it's a FULL MOON!!!

JR, please don't put down people who love Baja if they don't live there... Come to think of it MrBillM lives in Baja, and you still aren't happy with his posts either...

Can't we all just get along???:light:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-21-2005 at 07:01 PM
You will notice

I have never started a fight on here. I'm sure the pubically educated on here take what I say personally as they should. But, when my name is mentioned, especially compared with ND, and by a religious fanatic of all things, I tend to respond.
If the whiners can't take it, they are probably the drunken louts I see in Tios that I generalize about.
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-21-2005 at 07:11 PM
I believe...

or I would like to believe that they are replying in order to prop up what the post would mean to them. Exactly where a part of my point was illustated here.
Even people who dispise this type of discussion learn something or it inspires them to speak. Problem being, the context may not be to their liking so they just spew and downplay the thread. That's ok. That's how they play.
eetdrt88
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-21-2005 at 07:18 PM
i never knew...

Quote:
Originally posted by Skeet/Loreto
JR I am sure you read the Post on why I left.

Yes it is not the Baja I knew and it will never be the Baja you Want!!!!
JR I seem to read in your eyes the ability to know when you are "Shoveling S t aganist the Wind!!
Change your direction and energy and keep helping the People who you and I both Love. Use your engery for those in need as the Mountain Folk are and remember the iso;lated spots that you and I both know where to go and Hide when it gets so bad we cannot stand another Ugly americano!!!

There has been a real lack of teaching the fundmentals to the Youngins , all you have to do is read the Slop spewed forth in the Senate.

Somtimes there are people who go to Baja for the love of the country and its People, others to SMOKE DOPE, go Nude, and take from the people. How Sad!

Skeet/Loreto
smoking dope and going nude is bad....i knew there was a reason i was so f***** up.....:lol::lol::lol:
Eli
Super Nomad

Mood: Some times Observing, sometimes Oblivious.

[*] posted on 6-21-2005 at 07:32 PM

I too, have often wondered what with my own views that are not exactly about Baja or fishing or fun stuff so to speak, gee, I don't know what I am doing on the Baja Nomad board. All, I can say is I feel I have made many friends here, and they keep encouraging me to come back with my off the wall stuff, and I guess those don't like it, basically leave me alone and I just kind of got comfortable here, feels like home.

Anyway, any time Doug sez enough is enough than of course I will shut up. Or, if a special forum is created, I will be happy to move out of the general populas. Ya sabes, Sara

[Edited on 6-22-2005 by Eli]
bajaden
Nomad

Mood: vicarious

[*] posted on 6-21-2005 at 07:42 PM

Jr how did you know I was at Tio's? Next time say hi and I'll buy you a cervesa. Im the ignorant looking one.
Sharky I agree with almost everything you say. Thats pretty scarry. Great Post.......

Come back little Eli, come back......
zforbes
Nomad

Mood: Living the dream

[*] posted on 6-21-2005 at 07:45 PM
Go Sharks!

You made a good point about this forum being a good learning arena. Hundreds of individual postings about plants, fish, insects and how to go about getting around has been really helpful. I've also learned a lot about how different people play together and handle conflict. I've really enjoyed observing the different styles people have of getting their points across. When my buttons get pushed, it's usually around a values issue, which gets me to pulling those out for examination. Not a bad return for the time & thought invested. Thanks for pointing that out. Zoe
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-21-2005 at 07:59 PM
Jr

JR I was just pulling your String, sorry if your Panties got in a bunch.

Skeet?Loreto
surfer jim
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-21-2005 at 08:02 PM

wake my up when it is over.....:yawn:
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

lol.gif posted on 6-21-2005 at 08:59 PM
Sr. Skeet

You succeeded!:lol: Bettern the wood shed though:O
bajapablo
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-21-2005 at 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by yankeeirishman
Why the hell cant someone just post his or her writings here and that is that? I posted ?Flaming and trolling. A promise to stop.? last week and what happens? It?s turns into a damn debate about the Broncos and the Raiders football teams! So much for me trying to be a sport here!
Sharksbaja post here is (from what I gathered) is all positive promotion of the BajaNomads forums. Not that I agree with all his stuff (postings)...but this one made alot of sense. This wasn?t some knucklehead post. Let's not over run this post with non sense (like football talk)!

We need another topic listing: DEBATE! Take the fights to the arena.

Yankee, as a Bronco fan who once dated a girl in high school because her parents had season tickets (just kidding, that's not the only reason), I promise you that if you put up ANY raider nation bullcrap you will get a response. On the other hand, I have never got after you for your posts and I read most of them and appreciate some of them, just take the bronco remarks to your picture as the jest that it was. Remember, Peace, Love, and Denver Broncos. By the way, I hope you don't like the Yankees.;)

\"changes it lattitudes, changes in attitudes\"
J.Buffet
roundtuit
Senior Nomad

Mood: Wife's Job

[*] posted on 6-21-2005 at 09:32 PM

Trolling---Trolling ---Trolling.... Keep those baits a rolling
:spingrin::spingrin::spingrin::spingrin:
The Gull
Super Nomad

Mood: High

[*] posted on 6-21-2005 at 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajapablo
Quote:
Originally posted by yankeeirishman
Why the hell cant someone just post his or her writings here and that is that? I posted ?Flaming and trolling. A promise to stop.? last week and what happens? It?s turns into a damn debate about the Broncos and the Raiders football teams! So much for me trying to be a sport here!
Sharksbaja post here is (from what I gathered) is all positive promotion of the BajaNomads forums. Not that I agree with all his stuff (postings)...but this one made alot of sense. This wasn?t some knucklehead post. Let's not over run this post with non sense (like football talk)!

We need another topic listing: DEBATE! Take the fights to the arena.

Yankee, as a Bronco fan who once dated a girl in high school because her parents had season tickets (just kidding, that's not the only reason), I promise you that if you put up ANY raider nation bullcrap you will get a response. On the other hand, I have never got after you for your posts and I read most of them and appreciate some of them, just take the bronco remarks to your picture as the jest that it was. Remember, Peace, Love, and Denver Broncos. By the way, I hope you don't like the Yankees.;)

If California invests in a stadium around LA will we see the LA Raiders again? BTW, Yanker :P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P

You boys seem to not understand what the "off Topic" forum is for. Once again you drag this carping on until I have to agree with Surfer, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Get on the right part of the board.:o:o:o:o

[Edited on 6-22-2005 by The Gull]

�I won\'t insult your intelligence by suggesting that you really believe what you just said.� William F. Buckley, Jr.
eetdrt88
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-21-2005 at 10:30 PM
babylon is falling...

Quote:
Originally posted by Skeet/Loreto

Somtimes there are people who go to Baja for the love of the country and its People, others to SMOKE DOPE, go Nude, and take from the people. How Sad!

Skeet/Loreto
take it easy...
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

shocked.gif posted on 6-21-2005 at 10:59 PM
now that we've explored the psyche......

let's move on (whew...) to the physio angle and it's implications. Thanks for the quanification.
I think from what I've heard that Baja is for even the "pinciest" gringo a healthier environment than that of their former residence and lifestyle. Of course this observation may not apply to the "self-sustaining communities" as they manage to reinvent the same place they left.
Am I correct? Do you transplants feel healthier physically? Mental state is also a key to physical state.So do you think you guys have benefitted or not. Do we get to a healthier state or would that happen anyway if habits changed?
Inspiration from all these travelers to exciting places(to me) drives me to persue these sites and more. Obviously a person who is exploring will be in better shape than a full-time poster.
It seems that Baja begs to be explored while CA. begs to be left alone.

I'll do my part and take out my trash. It takes more energy but I'll manage. Having respect for the sea, the land, and it's people. It will make you a better soul. A healthier soul.:biggrin:

next: socio-implications
Osprey
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-22-2005 at 06:13 AM

Sharks, Retired here with little to do (except for household chores) I took up writing. It must not have been enough because while my mental state was bordering on the serene I took the time to drink enough alcohol to blow out my liver, enlarge my spleen. Now I have to go through the nasty business of recovery. No booze, no meat, some medicine, a little excersize. On average my retirement has worked out just about the way I thought it would. Probably would have worked out this way if I had retired to Patagonia. All in all, if this was bound to happen, I can't envision a better place for it to happen in.
mulege marv
Senior Nomad

Mood: relaxed

question.gif posted on 6-22-2005 at 07:43 AM

"Somtimes there are people who go to Baja for the love of the country and its People, others to SMOKE DOPE, go Nude, and take from the people. How Sad!"

Skeet/Loreto

so now its the naked people ruining everything ! geez, its always someone else, so if you go nude on a secluded beach you hate the country and take from the people ?
this IS getting "Sad" :moon:

Want what you have
pokey
Nomad

Mood: sun burned

[*] posted on 6-22-2005 at 08:56 AM

Quote:
Am I correct? Do you transplants feel healthier physically? Mental state is also a key to physical state.So do you think you guys have benefitted or not. Do we get to a healthier state or would that happen anyway if habits changed?

For me... living in Baja has required a serious adaptation to a very different lifestyle. Everything is slower here.
- On line bill pay? forget it! Hell I can't even write a check and pay the bill by mail. Electricity, phone, cable, water all have to be paid in person.
- Can't turn on the faucet and drink the water, I have to go to a store to fill up the garrafones with drinkable water.
-Garbage Will be collected weekly but god only knows which day of the week. And the basureros like to get tips:yes:
-once a month I throw the propane tank in the back of the truck and drive to the filling station to buy natural gas for cooking and hot water.
-driving like an a-hole is normal. But then again I notice the same driving habits in CA when I make the weekly trip to Costco. :fire:
-It's OK for people to play loud music from sun up to the mid-night hours.
- It's not unusual to wait 20 min in the checkout lane at the grocery store. While the senora in front of me debates with the cashier, the price of each item she's purchasing.

I could go on and on, Patience and tolerance are required virtues here. Adapt or go crazy with rage fighting it.

There is more of a live and let live attitude here in Baja. Gossip is endemic but you don't find the "I'm right your wrong, my way is the only way" crowd that is so prevalent in the good ol' U.S..

All in all I'd say it has been a positive experience... so far. I was always in too much of a hurry anyways. It's nice to slow down and smell the proverbial flowers. :cool:
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 6-22-2005 at 09:27 AM
How About Them Yankees............

And Padres. What about the John Bolton nomination ? Where do you think that teen's body is in Aruba ? Is it true that Hillary is a Lesbian ? Who do you think will be in the World Cup Finals ? Do you think that the unrest in The Ivory Coast will raise the world price of Chocolate ?

Oh, that's right. It's BAAAADDD to change the subject on a thread. I'm SSSOOOO ashamed and won't EVER do it again.

However, .......................
 Pages:  1  2    4  5

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.