Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: New Rattler Vaccine
Oso
Ultra Nomad

Mood: wait and see

[*] posted on 6-21-2005 at 08:02 PM
New Rattler Vaccine

http://www.redrockbiologics.com/

Had to put down a cat (His name was Cabron) at the vet's today. Sad, but he had a good 12 yr. run.

Saw this poster. It's so new the doc was still learning how to use it. Sounds promising. Reasonable. At $25 a pop, with 2 or 3 per year depending on size of dog, it's cheaper than the aversion training (SD closest to me for that anyway).

Mostly sidewinders around here with a few Mojaves in the rocks. Doc hasn't had experience with this yet but says the literature looks good. Might make the difference, especially with a small dog. Says he'd still want to observe a couple days and administer steroids if hit, but might not need the antivenom which is very expensive.

Maybe this will develop into one for humans in a few years.

All my childhood I wanted to be older. Now I\'m older and this chitn sucks.
yankeeirishman
Banned

[*] posted on 6-21-2005 at 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Oso
http://www.redrockbiologics.com/

Had to put down a cat (His name was Cabron) at the vet's today. Sad, but he had a good 12 yr. run.

Saw this poster. It's so new the doc was still learning how to use it. Sounds promising. Reasonable. At $25 a pop, with 2 or 3 per year depending on size of dog, it's cheaper than the aversion training (SD closest to me for that anyway).

Mostly sidewinders around here with a few Mojaves in the rocks. Doc hasn't had experience with this yet but says the literature looks good. Might make the difference, especially with a small dog. Says he'd still want to observe a couple days and administer steroids if hit, but might not need the antivenom which is very expensive.

Maybe this will develop into one for humans in a few years.

It's needed here RIGHT now!:lol::lol::lol:

[Edited on 6-22-2005 by yankeeirishman]

What control freaks there are here. Don\'t believe that post you just read!
Keri
Super Nomad

Mood: muy contento

[*] posted on 6-21-2005 at 08:57 PM
Oso

Sorry about your cat.That's a hard thing to do even when we know it's best. my thoughts are with you,k

http://www.pyramidresort.com
011521-646-119-9445
Gypsy Jan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Depends on which way the wind is blowing

[*] posted on 6-21-2005 at 09:11 PM
Lost her, still see her

my eighteen year old Siamese cat.

Got her when she was a kitten.

Oso, I still look for her to show up when I put the food bowls down in the kitchen.

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow mindedness.”
—Mark Twain

\"La vida es dura, el corazon es puro, y cantamos hasta la madrugada.” (Life is hard, the heart is pure and we sing until dawn.)
—Kirsty MacColl, Mambo de la Luna

\"Alea iacta est.\"
—Julius Caesar
Taco de Baja
Super Nomad

Mood: Dreamin' of Baja

[*] posted on 6-22-2005 at 07:41 AM

When do the human trials begin????:?:
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-22-2005 at 12:24 PM
Oso

Did a Rattler get your Cat?
I am sorry to hear that if it happened by a Rattler, cats are usually taken more by Coyotes and Barn owls, and Redtail Hawks.

Most dogs that I have been in contact are very good at detecting and avoiding Rattlers and such, just the other nite both my dogs had a funny Bark, it was a 6 Rattle Snake which I sKinned and ate. Young ones are tasty in the Spring.

In my life time I have seen Cats hold a Rattler at Bay for a long time, until the snake moves off.

My Cat "Goofy" took a 4 foot Racer and pounced on him, right behind his Head, , clinched on and held until he was Dead, right on the Porch at Rancho sonrisa in Loreto..

Do not let your Cats out at night if there are Barn owls around.

Skeet/Loreto
Oso
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-22-2005 at 05:16 PM

Thanks Skeet, but it was a big tumor in his belly that took out Sr. Cabron. No barns around here and few trees. We do have owls but they are Burrowing Owls and smaller than cats. Oddly, they seem to hunt mainly during the day.

I don't think my dog has encountered a rattler yet, but he chases Cachorras, the local fast running lizards. They live in holes under the creosote bushes which occasionally are home to Sidewinders.

Mike Supino
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-22-2005 at 05:16 PM
Vicious cats

I too, have a very vicious cat.
He has been known to have intimate relations with skunks and barn owls.
I?ve taken him on numerous occasions to the p-c-key-a-trist to no avail.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Oso
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-22-2005 at 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Taco de Baja
When do the human trials begin????:?:

Why, do you want to volunteer?

"National statistics reveal the typical victim is male, under the age of 30, with an elevated blood alcohol concentration." :lol:

dug
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-22-2005 at 05:37 PM

50% of the snake bite incidents in the US begin with two words: "watch this".
Mike Supino
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-22-2005 at 05:44 PM

Any car with anti-lock brakes has a "black box" with a voice recorder in them similar to the flight recorder in an aircraft that is activated in a crash situation.

When they analyzed the boxes the ones from California seemed to always state something similar to "darn it" and the boxes analyzed from the south seemed to always say something like "watch this!".
Oso
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-22-2005 at 07:34 PM

Y'all fergot the "y'all" on the end of "Watch this, y'all!"

fishinrich
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-23-2005 at 03:24 AM
oso check your U2U

Oso
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-23-2005 at 08:35 AM

BTW- What animal causes the most human deaths in the USA?
A) Deer. 150/yr. killed, 29,000 injured

(A new homeowner in Kansas recently petitioned the City Council to remove a deer crossing sign on the road near his house. His reason?- Too many cars had been hitting deer and he didn't want them crossing there anymore.)

Second is dogs; 18 people killed annually by dogs.

Snakes account for 15

Sharks for 2

Bears maybe 1 every 2 years, so less than 1 annually although there are times when I'd like to increase that...

(The pedos viejos among you will know where I got these stats)

bajaden
Nomad

Mood: vicarious

[*] posted on 6-23-2005 at 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Oso

(A new homeowner in Kansas recently petitioned the City Council to remove a deer crossing sign on the road near his house. His reason?- Too many cars had been hitting deer and he didn't want them crossing there anymore.)

Second is dogs; 18 people killed annually by dogs.

Snakes account for 15

Sharks for 2

Bears maybe 1 every 2 years, so less than 1 annually although there are times when I'd like to increase that...

(The pedos viejos among you will know where I got these stats)

Deer, The black plague, and cancer. All equally dangerous. Its why for many years I was on a mission to rid the earth of deer. And to think I cried when I watched Bambi.
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 6-24-2005 at 10:35 AM

Originally posted by Oso

this is amazing to me I did not realize this. I would love to here some of the story's behind some of these deer attacks. I think some one could fill a book with some of those and sell allot of books. I wonder if you could train some deer to be Killer guard Deer. I think Mikel Jackson would bye some for his ranch. I think I would to .

[Edited on 6-24-2005 by Bruce R Leech]

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-24-2005 at 10:53 AM
Killer Deer

wow what a surprise I typed in Killer deer in Goggle and came up wit a wealth ow funny stores. try it .

http://www.theinsanedomain.com/Articles/DEERKILL.htm

this is the really nice thing about this forum you always learn something new every single day

[Edited on 6-24-2005 by Bruce R Leech]

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-24-2005 at 11:01 AM
True Storu from the Ole Fart

Deer- Yosemite Natl. Park Calif.: On several occasions in the past People of all ages have been attacked by Deer who have very sharp Hooves and can slice your body very deeply. you may be able to find a record of theses attacks in Yosemite.

Bears: While working in Yosemite oark about 1955 i was on the road to Fresno when I came across a car stopped in the middle of the road. There was a women in the Drivers Seat, her Husband was ouside trying to push a Large Brown Bear into the Passenger Seat of the Car.

i inquired if he needed Help, He responded that I could help push on the bear as he wanted to take a Picture of the Bear in the Car with his wife.

Being of sound Mind, I thanked him and rapidly departed.

Skeet/Loreto
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-24-2005 at 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Skeet/Loreto
Deer- Yosemite Natl. Park Calif.: On several occasions in the past People of all ages have been attacked by Deer who have very sharp Hooves and can slice your body very deeply. you may be able to find a record of theses attacks in Yosemite.

Bears: While working in Yosemite oark about 1955 i was on the road to Fresno when I came across a car stopped in the middle of the road. There was a women in the Drivers Seat, her Husband was ouside trying to push a Large Brown Bear into the Passenger Seat of the Car.

i inquired if he needed Help, He responded that I could help push on the bear as he wanted to take a Picture of the Bear in the Car with his wife.

Being of sound Mind, I thanked him and rapidly departed.

Skeet/Loreto

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
I think he was trying to get rid of his wife:lol:

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-24-2005 at 02:12 PM
I think there was

a little too much lithium in those hot springs Skeet used to frequent!:lol::lol::lol:
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.