Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: What a RIOT!
jeans
Super Nomad

Mood: Encantada

[*] posted on 9-29-2003 at 11:00 AM
What a RIOT!

For anyone who hasn't been to Puerto San Carlos west of Ciudad Constitucion, it is a tiny, sleepy, little fishing village, and port for the tankers serving the nearby power plant. One street is paved.

Never-the-less, I had some time and needed to send an email, so I stopped at the Delegacion (Police station) to inquire if there was an internet cafe in town. Yes, there was but he did not open until later in the afternoon. Oh well...

BUT....as I was standing in the office I couldn't help but notice, on the shelves behind the Commendante's desk, covered with a thick layer of dust....RIOT GEAR!!

Yeah...plastic arm shields, helmets with visors...the whole works. If ever an angry mob decends on little Puerto San Carlos...they will be ready!

You have been warned.....:rolleyes:

[Edited on 9-29-2003 by jeans]
Natalie Ann
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-29-2003 at 11:49 AM

Oh, thank you Jeans for warning me. I visit friends in San Carlos and never realized I was treading so close to danger. I'll try to behave myself next time down.

Be yourself, everyone else is already taken.
.....Oscar Wilde
Capt. George
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-29-2003 at 12:54 PM
RIOT SQUAD

Jeans, thanks for letting us know, I was there in April, Samana Santa, it was very frightening....Especially when we met an entire family of Choyeros (People of the Cactus) and they forced us to share their clams.....They even wanted to kidnap us and take us on their picnic as part of their family, imagine that! If they can upgrade their policia to include a Delta Force, perhaps we won't be afraid to return..See you there sometime this winter season, I'll bring a helmet....Capt. George
Neal Johns
Super Nomad

Mood: In love!

[*] posted on 9-29-2003 at 01:22 PM

jeans,

The riot gear was not quite what you think. It was placed there by popular demand because once when I visited, dozens of young women created quite a commotion when they found out they all had the same WiW Number. It was all a mistake due to Old Timers disease.:rolleyes:

My motto:
Never let a Dragon pass by without pulling its tail!
Bajabus
Senior Nomad

Mood: My friends..it's good.

[*] posted on 9-29-2003 at 04:29 PM

Did you see any weapons of mass destruction? There were rumors of binary chemical shells containing both Tequila and night train wine coolers. British intelligence sources presented documents to our NSA showing that Mexico attempted to purchase large quantities of cheap rot gut wine from Africa and hid them in remote regions of Baja. The tankers that dock at that small town have long been suspect. In remarks to reporters, Cheney and wolfowitz asked for patience because Baja is a large uninhabited area and operations to uncover the shells are ongoing. In a related development the wife of the governor of Baja has been disclosed to be an undercover CIA operative after he asserted that the British documents were forgeries. The governments of Poland, Transylvania, the Vatican, Grenada, Monaco, Barbados, Andorra, Liechtenstein, Palau, Tuvalu, San Marino, Nauru and Fredonia (in short a broad international coalition) have pledged 150 soldiers to help the united states should they decide to intervene on behalf of the indigenous tribes of the area. The police have assured us that all they need are a case of "D" batteries for the cattle prods and they are ready to join the cause. They are requesting 4.5 billion dollars for the batteries

[Edited on 29-9-2003 by Bajabus]

"Preventive war was an invention of Hitler. Frankly I would not even listen to anyone seriously that came and talked of such a thing." Dwight David Eisenhower
Capt. George
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-30-2003 at 11:09 AM
Atomic Bomb

While there in April, I believe they had an atomic bomb in the works. If you ask me, I believe they had it hidden in the whale skeleton....My Timex watch went nuts as we drove past, that was the first clue, can't fool an ex G.I. Thank goodness George W is right on top of this one......is there any oil in that little town? Check CNN, there's supposed to be a large contingent of penguins heading up from the south pole to act as a shipping blockade.......Boy, what next, I really wanted to fish Mag Bay.....Maybe by the winter months it will be safe from the ravages of all those despots.......
Casa P. D. y C.
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-30-2003 at 04:45 PM
Kneal,

So, do you have a full set of riot gear in every town you visit!!!??? Sounds a bit suspicious to me...I know my number! Heaven help the WIW who thinks that hers is the same as mine!!! My number is special as I recieved mine close to the water's edge...Kneal doesn't get close to water for any old WIW!

As always, Your WiW, Paulina >*)))><
jeans
Super Nomad

Mood: Encantada

[*] posted on 9-30-2003 at 07:49 PM

You guys are too funny! And Google is helpfully jumping in with ads for Police gear.

Now...here's the kicker. Seems there WAS a problem in Puerto San Carlos a couple of years ago... Something about a fisherman's uprising. This straight from JIMMY SMITH himself last night. Of course, he's on drugs;D;D;D
Neal Johns
Super Nomad

Mood: In love!

[*] posted on 9-30-2003 at 10:50 PM

OK, jeans,

Stay away from Jimmy, you hear?!!! He is real competition.

My motto:
Never let a Dragon pass by without pulling its tail!
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 9-30-2003 at 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jeans
And Google is helpfully jumping in with ads for Police gear.

Is it? I've been getting a kick out of what Google's serving up on some of the pages... hadn't seen any Police gear ads yet though.... LOL.

--
Doug

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 9-30-2003 at 11:58 PM

An ad for tea tree oil products was on the Scorpion Sting thread earlier! It's amazing how it senses what is in our posts and provides a related product! I saved that tea tree ad in my favorites.

Doug, you not only offer ads that are not annoying, but are actually fun, too!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 10-1-2003 at 05:50 AM
my pop up blocker is killing the ads before

they show. guess i'm missing out on the fun??!!

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
Keri
Super Nomad

Mood: muy contento

[*] posted on 10-1-2003 at 07:09 AM
Ads

Mike , they are talking about the ones at the top of the page. 2 ads, gold stripe underneath.they change with every thread. Hey are you going to be in Mulege on the 17th? We are going to the pig roast there and Jr might stop by also. If anyone else is in the area stop by. k:spingrin::bounce::tumble:
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 10-1-2003 at 02:09 PM

Actually I never thought I would say this...
but...
I kinda like the ads
I've clicked on a few
They seem interesting... sometimes

Police ad just came up
http://www.shop4nypd.com/&link=google-police-gear

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 10-1-2003 at 03:41 PM
oh, THOSE ads....

i ignore them.

17th? of oct? i'll be riding my hog to phx from summer base SD via a party near baker ,ca. that weekend. i'm in mulege oct 10-12 the weekend before.

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 10-1-2003 at 04:09 PM

Google PAYS Baja Nomad a tiny bit every time an ad is looked at... So, to help Doug and support this forum please open a couple of them each time... takes less than a minute and costs you nothing.

Eventually, I look forward to Doug offering Baja Nomad hats, shirts, and decals. But, until then I look at a few of those Google ads each day... some are quite interesting.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Capt. George
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-1-2003 at 04:26 PM
ADS

Me too pardner, as soon as I was wised up to there reason......George

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.