Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Donations and the El Rosario festival
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-23-2005 at 12:43 PM
Donations and the El Rosario festival

Sounds like many will be attending this event so, here's your chance to give something back to the locals down south.
They are expecting a wet year this year sooooo, if any of you are able, please bring down some repellants, as well as school supplies, safety glasses, tarps, clothing, and shoes/boots.
Or, any other used items that are taking up space. Please, no plastic or battery operated toys as where I take this stuff is still pretty natural and I would like to see them stay that way.
They can either be dropped off here in Rosarito or at the Baja Cactus Motel where I can pick them up when I go back south.
Gracias everyone.
Me No
Banned

[*] posted on 6-23-2005 at 04:41 PM

I mentioned before that I have a hefty bag full of childrens cloths for you to take. Some people split from one of our houses and it looks like they must have had the keys to the back door of the gap or something. I hope those people don't have anything against new hipster rags. The 7 to 9 year olds down there are going to be styling.:lol::lol::lol:

Count me in for 100 worth of whatever also. I will trade you for my walkie talkie back.:lol:

[Edited on 6-23-2005 by Me No]
bajaden
Nomad

Mood: vicarious

[*] posted on 6-23-2005 at 04:46 PM

I hope Im not sounding stupid, but where is the Baja Cactus Motel? Im leaving on the 2nd of July to come down and I have some things I could drop off.
Me No
Banned

[*] posted on 6-23-2005 at 04:57 PM

It's right behind the Pemex in El Rosario. You can't miss it.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 6-23-2005 at 06:16 PM

Next door to, south of the Pemex, on Mex. 1; and also next door, north of Mama Espinoza's restaurant and motel 'Las Cabanas'.

'Baja Cactus' is the new name for both the motel and Pemex. See the new, big rooms with giant showers!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

bajaden
Nomad

Mood: vicarious

[*] posted on 6-23-2005 at 06:49 PM

Thanks Guys. I know where that is. I remember staying in that motel a long time ago for about 7 bucks a night.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 6-23-2005 at 07:02 PM

Well... it ain't the same place anymore! Although a few of the original rooms are availabe if the new ones are full.. they will be torn down to make room for the next phase of expansion. See the model in the lobby or on the first page at http://vivabaja.com/1104

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

John M
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-23-2005 at 09:06 PM
$$$

And it ain't $7.00 per night anymore. I think we paid about $30. Heck, you could fit 5 folks comfortably in the shower - .........we think.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 6-23-2005 at 09:22 PM

Yah, and $30 is cheap for a luxery room like that! Any place like that in the U.S. would be over $100. In Mexico, perhaps $65...? I stayed in Ensenada for $35 a couple weeks a go and it was... well, let's say very uncomfortable.

jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

lol.gif posted on 6-24-2005 at 08:00 AM
The Baja guru

uncomfortable?:?: How on earth could this happen with your vast knowledge of all things Baja:lol:
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 6-24-2005 at 08:34 AM

Why do you keep saying such stupid things like that?

Baja is so vast, it would take me several lifetimes to try and come close to 'knowing it all'. I don't even pretend to, and you know that.

The motel in Ensenada was just a convenient place to crash after eating and drinking with Mr. and Mrs. Bob H... It was just a terrible bed, hard as a door... But, we were good sports.

jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

lol.gif posted on 6-24-2005 at 08:52 AM
Somethin to do with

you having 4 replies to a question that had already been answered, your pretending to know Baja when you haven't been much of anywhere down here, and the fact that I don't like seeing stickers plastered around from tourists looking for fame.:O
If it makes you feel any better, I feel the same way about all the gringo stickers I see down here, unless of course, they are plastered in the enclaves or on your own vehicles.
I saw something about La Purisima and El Pelon on a thread here that you posted about. Ever been there? Your posting about it would lead one to believe you had.
And when I was Ski Baja it seems you told the people where I was skiing. Come to find out you haven't been there either!
Nothing serious David, just a little irksome.:wow:
Me No
Banned

[*] posted on 6-24-2005 at 09:17 AM

JR, Nail on the head.:lol::lol::lol::lol:
wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-24-2005 at 09:37 AM

c'mon you guys. Read the first post - can you argue with that?
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 6-24-2005 at 06:13 PM

Perhaps because I don't treat Baja like my private playground and keep it secret with the 'I was there first' mentality you have... It's as if you want to be the only gringo to bring prosperity to the mountain people... like it gains you points with them.

Instead of being the 'great white god', I would rather show those interested what may be an attraction so the prosperity can come directly and the mountain people can react to it like adults and choose how to deal with it.

You seem to want to shepard or protect them like they are your children! Just like a big liberal politician!

JR, I have brought you clothes, repellant, and tried to be even with you during the times you just try and irritate those you seek help from... us. But, you just cannot help yourself to slam my high enthusiasm for Baja... just because I don't live there or haven't been EVERYWHERE like you almost claim to have been. Because I haven't been to La Purisima or Laguna Hanson (yet), doesn't mean I don't know what those places look like. At least I don't lie and claim to have been there, when I haven't.

My web site has all the places (in photos) I have been since the I got on the Internet (1998), and I can tell anyone who asks where I have been before then. My first trip was in '65 to Gonzaga Bay (via San Felipe), we went to the tip (Cabo) via the old main road in '66. After I turned 16, I went (without my parents) in my Myers Manx VW a week trip in '74 to Gonzaga via Mex. 1 and out via San Felipe... then almost every year I made several trips after... mostly south of San Felipe... but other places as well.

Yes, I like talking Baja... No one is making you listen... I am sorry you feel that my Baja love is more than you can deal with... but deal with it. I don't feel thretened by your activity here, afterall.

Also, my stickers... like my web site, are not about me, they are about Baja. I am just the 'connection':lol: for people seeking adventure or a fun time... and I don't charge for it. GOT BAJA?

surfer jim
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-24-2005 at 06:23 PM

just got back in town.....now let's see ...this went from donations to .....:no:.....and it only took 4 posts.....:o.....I wonder what the next topic brings.....:lol:
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-24-2005 at 06:24 PM
David

Could you run through your history here just one more time in case I missed something?:lol:
Roberto
Banned

[*] posted on 6-24-2005 at 06:26 PM

This is getting interesting! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

But, I'm guessing this is where DK, after "engaging", rings the "report post" bell, and asks that the thread be deleted. Any bets on this?

[Edited on 6-25-2005 by Roberto]
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 6-24-2005 at 07:28 PM

Why aren't you posting on Baja.net where you have the love of others who consider Baja as a 'private playground' and hate me because I don't?

JR, MeNo, Roberto... the three stoogies? Jump on DK because it makes them feel groovie! Only post when they have negative to say... when DK talks, it makes their day... Hi Ho, Hi Hum, do they see how much it makes them look dumb!:biggrin:

jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-24-2005 at 09:32 PM
David,

I really expected better out of you!
To be continued.
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.