Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4  5
Author: Subject: Forum societal and cultural ramifications
bajaden
Nomad

Mood: vicarious

[*] posted on 6-24-2005 at 06:53 PM

Sharks, you sound too inteligent to get into a debate with. As far as learning from this fourm, I think it depends on whether you have an open mind or not. I think those who don't know who they are. I do think that the older you are the harder it is to change your core values. Thats why I bring my grandson down as often as possible to expose him to the people down here. To show him that everything in the world doesn't exist at toys or us.

As a newcomer, I have enjoyed the experience.
Eli
Super Nomad

Mood: Some times Observing, sometimes Oblivious.

[*] posted on 6-24-2005 at 07:01 PM

I don't think that Nomads has changed my attitudes about Mexico or People in general, except maybe myself.

There have certainly been people on this board, (Bernie would top the list), that have brought me out, I am more "verbal" for having known them, I guess.

Not everything I say is set in stone, I am testing and serching for a vision, expect I will be for the rest of my life.
Baja Bernie
`Normal` Nomad Correspondent

Mood: Just dancing through life

[*] posted on 6-24-2005 at 07:02 PM
Bajaden

Only 94 posts and I think your direct approach to this board and it's people is growing on all of us. I bring my grandkids down for the same reasons. Toys and are us indeed. Heck, they don't even have a store in Baja--do they???
Luck tomorrow---I go through that every two years and it ain't even fun---I always wonder how certain people can enjoy their life styles as the nurse says, Relax!

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-26-2005 at 12:13 PM
I like Bajaden

Quote:
Originally posted by bajaden
Sharks, you sound too inteligent to get into a debate with. As far as learning from this fourm, I think it depends on whether you have an open mind or not. I think those who don't know who they are. I do think that the older you are the harder it is to change your core values. Thats why I bring my grandson down as often as possible to expose him to the people down here. To show him that everything in the world doesn't exist at toys or us.

As a newcomer, I have enjoyed the experience.

Taking your grandson is an example of your concern for the next generation and the people you love. Bajaden, you do have the "gift of gab" however and it echos well here.

you said:
"Sharks, you sound too inteligent to get into a debate with."

Ha, ha! That is so nice of you to say. But, really one of the keys (and you have one) is having the ability to articulate and form a coherent message that keeps a focus on the main thrust or body of the conversation. It also helps to have a basic handle on the English language so you can bluff your way through if necessary.

One must be careful though, the Nomad Seas get mighty choppy sometimes and there are many seasoned cyber-warriors sailing near by. So reef your sail and put your best peg-leg forward.

All kidding aside though, I believe that most older people are more rigid in their beliefs. But one must also realize the personality issue also. This forum extracts and instills from us continally. This flux is what drives the debate. A head-on collision here can wake up even the most reclusive individual. In this forum, unlike in "real-time" conversation where limits are more necessary and fear may hinder the talk it becomes clear that this IS an advantage to "face to face" discussion.

Bajaden, you do have the "gift of gab"

P.S. I do fear the day I completely screw up the post and everyone gangs up on me.:(
bajabum
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-26-2005 at 02:12 PM

Geez, whats with all the irrelevent banter and pshyco babble?

I have always found this board to be a place where Baja enthusiasts could share thier experiences and information for other Baja enthusiasts to enjoy and learn from and to assist others (when asked) by sharing knowledge. Not a place to rant and rave and posture on topics that can in no way improve ones adventures while visiting Baja.

David Ks corespondence definetly qualifies for that in a big way....JRs definetly does not. Who cares whom has been there the most times, lives or does not live there, how much they know about Baja or if and what level one participates in assisting the misfortunes of the locals.

Baja is dependent on us P-nche Gringos visiting as tourism is one of the top industries. Contrary to JRs opinion that mere tourists are just asses, most of the people I have met in Baja over the last 25 years have been very concientious, sharing, caring, polite people simply there to have a good time and enjoy the natural wonder and allure of Baja. I have found that sportsmen and tourists tend to take better care of Baja than the Mexicans do!

jr, if you want ride your high horse on a mission to save the Mexicans...more power to ya, but dont condem us P-nche Gringos who only visit Baja and do not live there and please stop littering this board with your jibberish most of us simply wish to use this board in peace as a venue to share relevent information and stories with other Baja enthusiasts, your contributions dont really seem to fit in.

Work is just something I do to keep me buzy between baja trips!
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-26-2005 at 02:20 PM
hey bum, if the subject is too deep....

and you don't understand ONE word of the context, maybe you should stick to something you do do well, fish!
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-26-2005 at 02:48 PM
BahaBum

It's nice that you have such wonderful, trouble free vacations in your "I"ve been coming to Baja" blah blah blah rant. Obviously, most of you tourists feel that way.
On the other hand, living here and seeing the tourists in many areas, every day, you might see it a little differently as those of us that live here do.
Sorry yall are so narrow minded as to pretend that every gringo that vacations here is as "perfect" as you seem to think you are.
bajabum
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-26-2005 at 03:36 PM

Sharks....Its not that things are "too deep" or I missed the context of anything but that to me this board is a gathering place for people that have something in common (Baja) to share experiences and information not a place to be given lessons on how to be a better citizen while visiting Baja and jr makes it sound like everyone that dosnt live there dosent understand and abuses the place and its people. My experiences have been that most of the people I have met on my wanderings in Baja have been good concientious guests enjoying themselves in a foriegn land. Its a popular tourist destination, people do things and act like people on vacation, many of the businesses survive on and create the environment that jr complains about. People go there to unwind and have a good time not to save the world.

Work is just something I do to keep me buzy between baja trips!
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-26-2005 at 03:51 PM
Not sure why

so many take what I say so personally. Or why they think I am including everyone when I talk about what I see here on a daily basis. That is by no means the case.
But, after seeing the fishermen fight with each other because of too much Tequila, the expats fist fighting over which is a better vehicle, patching up countless marooons after wrecking their atv's, picking up trash that says budweiser and coors in some pretty remote places, watching the Mexicans being denied access to their own beaches, walls being built for protection from the locals, and on and on, it gets a little annoying.
I also find it hard to believe that all "Nomads" on here are the caring wonderful people that DK seems to think they are. Especially when their mentality says that fighting over words is a solution to everything.:no:
And I am not one who believes that ignoring problems make them go away. Perhaps if it is brought out in the open and discussed, some will think before acting stupid.
Would it help if I used "flash cards?"
Me No
Banned

[*] posted on 6-26-2005 at 03:58 PM

Bum, are U the Bum that lives at San Lucas Cove. The second trailer in. 10 ft. from the high tide line, with several permanent structures?

If so, your really are a P-nche Gringo, like you say in your posts. Now go back and read everything very carefully. Are you REALLY at P-nche gringo, if so, at least you are subhuman enough to admit it.
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-26-2005 at 05:50 PM
Bajabum, you are put off by this post for what?

I still don't get your rant. I was hoping some could illustrate what the effects on people who are in intimate contact with the Baja culture and society and the influence it may have on them. JR had nothing to due with the original thread......he's just a bonus.:lol::lol:
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

lol.gif posted on 6-26-2005 at 08:15 PM
Now that's FUNNY!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
bajaden
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-26-2005 at 08:37 PM

Sharks and Bernie, thanks for your response. I'll be droping off line for a while. Gotta pack up the old computer for the trip. My wife says Im a little long winded too. Bummer, be carefull. Taking sides is a serious business. You know, kinda like a north and south thing. You know who won that one. My point is, that its better to be open minded about these things. As I said in one of my other posts, I like some of Davids posts, and I like Jr's also. The fact that they have a problem with each other is their business.

Sharks, I still wouldn't want to debate you. I'll buy you and Bernie a cervesa though, or a soft drink if you prefer. I put that in for Jr. I don't want him to think I'm one of those guys sitting at the bar all night.
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

lol.gif posted on 6-26-2005 at 08:44 PM
No hay pedo BajaDen

and that's ok too! Just don't get so drunk that you start talking too loud, starting fights, trying to pick up on other peoples girlfriends or falling down!
But, if you do do these things, hopefully you will ride your ATV home through the arroyo without a helmet.:lol::lol::lol:

Good to have another open mind on this board and congrats on your new life! Very wise decision.:light:
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-26-2005 at 09:03 PM

You da man Den. How right you are about the little lady.... she has been a tad condesending about my "new hobby" lately. Travel with care. Yak at ya later. I gotta go give her mo attention now.
bajaden
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-26-2005 at 10:14 PM

Adios, and Vios Con Dios. And for those who don't believe in God, Well go with whoever.

No U da man Sharks...............
Baja Bernie
`Normal` Nomad Correspondent

Mood: Just dancing through life

[*] posted on 6-27-2005 at 06:23 AM
Sharks/Bajaden

Three women harboring the same feelings. Yiks! Us old dudes don't have a chance.

North vs South. Is that Baja Norte vs Baja Sur or..............Cleaver and a warm beer or two will do nicley.

We are constibuters all and I have a T Shirt to prove it.

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
Braulio
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-27-2005 at 07:23 AM

It's kind of hard for me to get too philosophical about the meaning/worth of this board because it really has no relevance or ramifications as far as Baja goes.

With a few exceptions it's basically a toy for bored people.

Myself included.
movinguy
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-27-2005 at 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Braulio
It's kind of hard for me to get too philosophical about the meaning/worth of this board because it really has no relevance or ramifications as far as Baja goes.

With a few exceptions it's basically a toy for bored people.

Myself included.

This is what the home page says:

Baja Nomad
A travel center for explorers of Baja California, M?xico

You are right Braulio - more often this seems like a place for jaded windbags to vent . . .:barf:
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-27-2005 at 11:17 AM
Wouldn't it be nice

if the "jaded windbags" who live in Baja, see what's going on here, and aren't afraid to talk about it all switched to showing family vacation photos and stories on the last bola get together they all went to as a "group"?
Sounds like a real Nomadian type curriculum to me! Can't we all just think the same about everything?:barf:
Thus the pink houses springing up everywhere eh?
I think I'll get a Tacoma soon ************************ :lol::lol::lol:

[Edited on 6-27-2005 by BajaNomad]
 Pages:  1  2    4  5

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.