Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  3    5
Author: Subject: Forum societal and cultural ramifications
Baja Bernie
`Normal` Nomad Correspondent

Mood: Just dancing through life

[*] posted on 6-28-2005 at 11:18 AM
Shark

Well! Don't you suppose that we all had our chance to split hairs and express our thoughts on this thread.....one of the bumpiest roads leading to some of the most unusal places in Baja that I have been on in a long time

Gonetobaja----Well said! Were you talking about momma jokes or momma talk???

Yankee--I think I have just been struck blind and that I need a long vacation from this board. You are beginning to talk like me and that is really scary. Perhaps we have all learned a little something about what a great bunch of people lend their thoughts and feelings to this wonderful forum. I for one am enriched by it.

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
PacO
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-28-2005 at 11:24 AM

This forum has affected my outlook somewhat by the fact that I hadn't consciously acknowledged my desire for anonymity at times..... So, for whatever that's worth, if I'm not offering you a beer or soda or continuing conversing or you the same towards me, I would take that as a clear signal that I or you want to be left alone. Of course, there are a few bros that are welcome anytime and we can hang out talking or not.
The bottom line is that I post significantly less than I used to.

[Edited on 6-28-2005 by PacO]
Me No
Banned

[*] posted on 6-28-2005 at 11:45 AM

Gone to Baja, post your trip report where you loose your finger to a faulty jack. That one will get everyone going. I hope it wasn't lost to cyber space on the old nomads like my gonzaga bay story was.:lol::lol:

I mean amigos de baja.

[Edited on 6-28-2005 by Me No]
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-28-2005 at 11:57 AM
I must have missed that....

Quote:
Originally posted by Me No
Gone to Baja, post your trip report where you loose your finger to a faulty jack. That one will get everyone going. I hope it wasn't lost to cyber space on the old nomads like my gonzaga bay story was.:lol::lol:

is it still orbiting around somewhere??
bajaruby
Banned

wow.gif posted on 6-28-2005 at 12:10 PM
That hat

Hey YIM,
You gonna where that hat to the river? You'll scare me and the girls to death.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Me No
Banned

[*] posted on 6-28-2005 at 12:22 PM

Don't follow this link if you are faint of heart, about to eat something, have children in the room........ Beware, it WILL knock your socks off. Very Graffic pictures.

http://www.baja.net/fud/index.php?t=msg&goto=9505&ri...
bajabum
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-28-2005 at 12:32 PM
I am a changed man

And its JR and Sharks fault :yes:. I have to honestly say that after reading this thread several times, I have changed my position. ALL information, stories, opinions and view points should be welcomed and wanted here, things would get a little stagnent without diversity. In one of my earlier posts I mentioned that I thought the board should be for "Baja enthusiasts to share" blah blah blah. Jr definetly qualifies as a Baja enthusist and he certainly shares! (and I mean that as a compliment), he just gets enthused about different things than I do! Baja is seen through each individuals eyes differently depending on what thier interests and activities are and each should share thier views and insights making the information available for the rest of us to digest and if applicable, use to enhance eaches Baja experience! Thanks Guys!

Work is just something I do to keep me buzy between baja trips!
Me No
Banned

[*] posted on 6-28-2005 at 12:37 PM

I have to admit also, this thread has helped me turn from a tormentor to more of a sharer again. Kind of like it was in the early days. You are a good bunch of people. Mostly.:P:lol:
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-28-2005 at 12:41 PM
Bajabum, I only have one thing to say 'bout that...

"enthused" was not a word when I went to college.:lol::lol::lol:

But thank you for understanding.
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-28-2005 at 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Me No
Don't follow this link if you are faint of heart, about to eat something, have children in the room........ Beware, it WILL knock your socks off. Very Graffic pictures.

http://www.baja.net/fud/index.php?t=msg&goto=9505&ri...

ouch,.....double ouch. And now? What a coincidence, one of my fingers is shorter too. But dang, did not have a camera:lol:
Osprey
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-28-2005 at 01:00 PM

Sharks, you must have gone to a strange college: Enthuse. To stimulate enthusiasm in. To show enthusiasm. Webster's Dictionary
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-28-2005 at 01:38 PM
revised

Quote:
Originally posted by Osprey
Sharks, you must have gone to a strange college: Enthuse. To stimulate enthusiasm in. To show enthusiasm. Webster's Dictionary

my college prof insisted it was not a word. Of course that was way before dirt was invented.:lol:

Root=enthuse......To have had enthusiasm. Past, present tense=enthusiastic. He claimed it a bastardized word and can not correctly have -ed- added to it. Yes, he was very strange indeed. I thought HE wrote the English language, but I do agree to some extent with that exception.
yankeeirishman
Banned

[*] posted on 6-28-2005 at 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Baja Bernie
Well! Don't you suppose that we all had our chance to split hairs and express our thoughts on this thread.....one of the bumpiest roads leading to some of the most unusal places in Baja that I have been on in a long time

Gonetobaja----Well said! Were you talking about momma jokes or momma talk???

Yankee--I think I have just been struck blind and that I need a long vacation from this board. You are beginning to talk like me and that is really scary. Perhaps we have all learned a little something about what a great bunch of people lend their thoughts and feelings to this wonderful forum. I for one am enriched by it.

Peacemakers strive for mutuality in relationship because they have learned that domination only cultivates more resistance.

What control freaks there are here. Don\'t believe that post you just read!
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-28-2005 at 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by yankeeirishman

Peacemakers strive for mutuality in relationship because they have learned that domination only cultivates more resistance.

Well, that explains JR.:lol:
Eli
Super Nomad

Mood: Some times Observing, sometimes Oblivious.

[*] posted on 6-28-2005 at 03:06 PM

Upon reflection after reading all said above, by golly, I must admit, I have learned some things from this board. Not in particular about Mexican culture or even Baja, I still believe I learn that in my daily life. Ah, but about how people enteract in a forum situation, about a great pie recipe, medicine for them pesky intistine bugs, an on line spanish dictonary, (now if I will just have the scense to use it.

I now know that I am not the only one that would cure a hangover with a dip in the Sea of Cortez, or have a love for aloneness, or with fond memories of In & Out burgers, (yes the best). Daily, without realizing it, I do assimalte something besides comadare on this board. Thanks for pointing that out to me Sharks. Saludos a todos, Sara

[Edited on 6-28-2005 by Eli]
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-28-2005 at 03:34 PM
Thanks Sara

You are blessed with the gift of expressing yourself clearly with an element of prose. You're a good teacher of the written script. Thank you too! Gotta go...
gonetobaja
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-28-2005 at 06:31 PM
Me NO!!!!

After all of this time you have to tell people about the falulty jack!!!

Man I had the best story going on how I was taken by the mexican secret service and tourtured with a wire and piece of wood on my finger trying to get the location of my last ice cold 12 pack of pacificos. I tried to hold out but they smashed my finger off with a dull axe, so I broke down and told them where 6 of the beers where....

Now you go and tell everyone about the jack.....

Id like to say "Gracias uno vez mas" to my friend Doctor Pepe at Campo Delicias for giving me the best nerve block a guy can get.:biggrin:

and now for my momma joke.....

It really happend because my friends momma tried to bite a kit kat out of my hand, she likes her candy...alot....

Sharks, this thread is the first thing I ever lagetimized
but Im glad to help!

GTB
 Pages:  1  ..  3    5

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.