Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Fourth of July Baja travel
GeoRock
Nomad

Mood: Always have one

[*] posted on 6-24-2005 at 01:30 PM
Fourth of July Baja travel

Wondering who is going where over the fourth, though I suspect a few of you are already in the south.

http://reinventmyself.isagenix.com
For rapid weight loss; building of lean muscle for athletes; and overall improved health through nutritional cleansing.
mulege marv
Senior Nomad

Mood: relaxed

[*] posted on 6-24-2005 at 02:43 PM
beach

burro beach ? heard there is a big party ? if not will make one of our own

Want what you have
rpleger
Super Nomad

Mood: Was good.

[*] posted on 6-24-2005 at 02:46 PM

burro beach, Always on the fourth.

Geary always throws a big one, Bring food.

Richard on the Hill

*ABROAD*, adj. At war with savages and idiots. To be a Frenchman abroad is to
be miserable; to be an American abroad is to make others miserable.
-- Ambrose Bierce, _The Enlarged Devil\'s Dictionary_
mulege marv
Senior Nomad

Mood: relaxed

[*] posted on 6-24-2005 at 03:50 PM
always

plan on bringing lots of it and booze ( sorry for any children that that might influence)

Want what you have
lizard lips
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-24-2005 at 04:09 PM

Im staying home as always on the big weekends in my pool!! Who wants to fight the crowds and the traffic

TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-24-2005 at 05:06 PM

Mike's Sky Rancho Friday and Saturday to explore access roads. Escondido Sunday for 4th party. Back to Bakersfield on Monday.
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 6-24-2005 at 05:32 PM

going camping in the mountains west of Mulege. it is going to be nice and cool and no people.

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

bajaden
Nomad

Mood: vicarious

[*] posted on 6-24-2005 at 06:35 PM

If all goes well I'll be arriving on the fourth. In Mulege that is. Is there room for us at burro beach? Either that or I'll have to track down Bruce.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 6-24-2005 at 07:21 PM

Mountains... Sierra Juarez and Sierra San Pedro Martir... maybe see you up there TW?

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Debra
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-24-2005 at 08:02 PM

"No people" ?

Maybe until you post just now Bruce!!!!:lol::lol::lol::lol:
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 6-24-2005 at 09:23 PM
Marv....earlier than Sams 8th.

the fourth is a firm target - i plumb forgot about the famous Burro beach shin dig. So, i'll send you a confim.

love the 4' bottle rockets and John Phillip "Sauza" on the boom box!

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-24-2005 at 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Debra
"No people" ?

Maybe until you post just now Bruce!!!!:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Debra they couldn't find me in a thousand years no one goes where I go.:wow:

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 6-24-2005 at 10:26 PM

San Miguel ( south of 'ex-mision' Guadalupe ) is a place I would like to see... it was an important visita on El Camino Real... Know the place Bruce?:?::D

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-25-2005 at 07:11 AM

I think so David . can you post a map? so I can be sure that I'm thinking of the same place.

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-25-2005 at 08:49 AM

David, we'll be in my white Toyota with my Honda XR in the back. We'll keep an eye open for your Tocoma. Just read the Consumers Reports write up on the new Tocoma. I think that will be my new company truck next year, 4.0 V6 crew cab version. Towing cap. is 6500, I need that for my snow cat.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 6-25-2005 at 09:17 AM

Bruce, it's between Mulege and Scorpion Bay (San Juanico) in the middle of the sierra... south of (ex-Mision) Guadalupe...

TW, OK see you maybe... Yes, I am begining to see how to convert my '01 to an '05... a double cab this time as my kids have grown! However, they are mostly coming in with limited slip differentials andI prefer to have a locking diff. Any opinion on this?

TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-25-2005 at 10:11 AM

I have a positraction in the rear of my Toyota, stays locked all the time. I had it put in right after I bought it in 93. My 91 chevy and my 04 GMC both came with a locking differential in the rear, that unlocks at about 25mph. From an off road standpoint in the sand or rocks I don't notice any difference. However in snow I prefer the positraction. I've gotten the chevy stuck a couple of times and it's almost impossible to keep both rear wheels locked to get out. It's my understanding that emergency vehicles come with this type of locker so they don't spin out on their run to the scene or to the hospital where they could hit ice.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 6-25-2005 at 10:37 AM

Positraction is a limited slip?

The '01 TRD has a pneumatic operated locking diff. only to be used to climb in 4WD LOW... and not over 5 MPH. A true locker.

Limited slip has clutches that force power to the tire with traction. On the Widow Maker, I would like to havepower go to one or both tires in back, that have traction.. not waisted to a tire that is in the air as I climb those boulders.

What will the new Toyota Limited Slip do that is good or equal to the lockers now on my rig? Should I be okay with Limited Slip or not? Do the clutches wear out and add to maintenance costs?

Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-25-2005 at 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Bruce, it's between Mulege and Scorpion Bay (San Juanico) in the middle of the sierra... south of (ex-Mision) Guadalupe...

yes that is the one I was thinking. My ex in laws have a ranch right there. I like that country very much. but I wont be in that part for the forth.going to be north a little bit.

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-25-2005 at 03:02 PM

David, I don't think you would have problems with it. My positractionis an after markit unit and I've never had any problems with it either so far at 130,000 miles. With it coming from Toyota I would expect the same superior quality as their other produces.

Just found out the 4th party is on Monday instead of Sunday so we get to stay another day in Baja. Maybe go to Colonet and San Antonio Delmar and throw a line in the water. Buy a bottle of Santo Tomas wine and eat fish and drink wine while watching the waves hit the beach and the ATVs ride the sand dunes.
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.