Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Fourth of July Baja travel
LaTijereta
Super Nomad

thumbup.gif posted on 6-26-2005 at 08:25 PM
Driving to Loreto

I will be on hwy early, stopping in San Quintin for the Vagabundo's Beach Party starting on Friday (1st) at Gypsys. Lots of games/ prizes, with cheap tequlia tasting.
Boat caravan will pull out Saturady am for Loreto, and the Vag Dorado Tournament.
Anyone getting down as far as Loreto, stop by the casa for a cold one.:tumble::tumble:
bajaden
Nomad

Mood: vicarious

[*] posted on 6-26-2005 at 09:59 PM

LaTijereta, Were stopping for the Vagabundo's beach party saturday nite. I'll be the one with the sexy looking blonde. Of course she's my daughter, but I love the looks. Maybe I'll see you there. Happy travels and good fishing.
LaTijereta
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-27-2005 at 05:26 AM
"Bajaden"

The plan was to spend Friday at the "beach party", and head for Loreto on Saturday am. My wife and friends have a "fish fry" planned for my arrrival down in Loreto at the hose:P
Hope to see you down the road...

Happy Trails
Porky Pig
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-27-2005 at 06:13 AM

Bajaden, the Vags Beach Party at Gypsys is Friday, not Saturday.
Dave & Juanita
GeoRock
Nomad

Mood: Always have one

[*] posted on 6-27-2005 at 08:11 AM

I'm heading for Bahia. Gonna knock back some cold ones and soak in the Cortez. Camping at Gecko's. Anyone else gonna be there?

http://reinventmyself.isagenix.com
For rapid weight loss; building of lean muscle for athletes; and overall improved health through nutritional cleansing.
David A.
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-27-2005 at 11:26 AM

Yvonne and I will be there Saturday morning.
KurtG
Super Nomad

Mood: Press On Regardless!!

[*] posted on 6-27-2005 at 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
San Miguel ( south of 'ex-mision' Guadalupe ) is a place I would like to see... it was an important visita on El Camino Real... Know the place Bruce?:?::D

Its on the La Ballena, Arroyo Raymundo road, I've been through there a number of times by motorcycle and know where San Miguel is but have found no ruins or trace of them. Nonetheless it is a pretty ride or drive and a decent road now. When I first went through there in the early 90's the middle 15 or so miles was really just streambed, rough riding but fun.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 6-27-2005 at 04:46 PM

Thanks Kurt... there's a ton of history in those hills (and all of the peninsula)... Sometimes you need to walk around, talk to the locals, etc., to see stuff!

Here is part of the ruins at San Miguel from Ed Vernon's great book, 'Las Misiones Antiguas', pg.90.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.