Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Why I prey on David K.
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-25-2005 at 10:38 AM
Why I prey on David K.

Let's just say that there was this guy, say Germanicus for instance, who visited DK's neighborhood a few times and writes the GPS coordinates and much information about this neighborhood without actually having been there enough to know diddly about it. Under the guise of helping the locals or wanting to share.
Helping the locals by selling more alcohol or paying a camping fee isn't really helping the locals, it just ensures that they will be stuck doing what they do while the other Germanicus types buy out the neighborhood and turn the locals into their maids and gardeners.
I don't expect DK to understand this as he isn't really doing this to help anyone but himself! And his fame. Pretty obvious when you read his posts and responses.
He even had a fit when Antonio decided to have the party at our "trailer trash" home! Which was kinda funny because when Antonio first started posting on here, I said watch this, DK finally meets a Mexican and watch how he is going to latch on to this one. Ta Da:lol:
My feelings are that if information is provided, it should be by those who live there or if they are not able, should be taught how to and be aware of the consequences prior to the publicity.
Ever think about that David? You have no idea of what is going on down here and you sure don't see anyone who does live here posting your BS coordinates and armchair information.
If you really are concerned with helping the Mexican people David, teach them to do what you are trying to do and then let them decide if that's what they want or not. Before it is overun by people with lot's of money who buy all their land, set up their pink mansions, and then hire them as slaves and pretending to better their lives before they even know what hit them.
This is what's going on down here David, you should be proud!
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 6-25-2005 at 10:54 AM

Gee wiz, JR... You just can't stop... You are the fame seeker. You think you know what is good for Mexico and every time you post you act like Big Brother over thepoor mountain people.

My only objection to the bbq at your place was SPACE! I didn'tthink there was enough room considering your neighbors have to get through, etc.

As it turned out it was perfect... and I said so! I even made a web page to SHARE that day: http://vivabaja.com/bajacactus

Your comment about Antonio becoming my friend is just another low blow for you... maybe it is not me 'latching on' as you assume. Maybe people who don't use drugs like hanging with each other... Who knows?

Again, I offer peace and an end to this... and here is your comeback.. more nasty, personal attacks. What does Germanticus have to do with any of this? Don't you trust the Mexican people enough that they can deal with people like him? Give the Mexicans some credit JR, they aren't stupid like you make them out to be.. they don't need you a a great white savior to keep them pure.

Are you going to have a Baja guide book burning? Directions to known Baja sites (like those in guide books or web sites) arein those books. Terrible that some tourists might want to see what you have already seen... as they couldn't be a pure as you, after all.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-25-2005 at 11:05 AM
Not pure David

I just like to see my friends make the money rather than the tourists who pretend to be helping them.. Seems fair to me!
And obviously PROFEPA feels the same way as they are now issueing cards to the locals as guides, which have to be hired to see any of the places I have been taken. Where I had to also teach them about throwing trash, much of which came in Bud and Coors cans.
I am not special by any means and could give a rats ass about fame and fortune. I just watched the same thing as you are doing happen to a bunch of places in the u.s. and will do anything I can to stop that from happening. I care about the locals, that's all.

And by the way, I don't even hate you or anything, I just wish you would use your energy to help the Mexican people who truly deserve and need the help. Education on development is a new thing for many of them.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 6-25-2005 at 01:49 PM

Showing the beauty and wonder of Baja (the non-touristy places) here on Nomad will bring other Nomads (good gringos) to explore Baja and THAT, my friend is what brings business to the locals. It is called free enterprise and always is better than socialized programs where the federal government or some self appointed do gooder acts like they know what's best for the local population.

You should go to the Good Sams or some other motorhome club and preach about ugly Americans and Canadians... Doing it here on Nomad just is irritating the people who think good things about Mexicans of Baja and want good things for them... more importantly, what ever they want!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-25-2005 at 02:09 PM
What they want David

is to run their own businesses and have good skills and jobs rather than being maids and servants to the new gringos buying all their land and building atrocities on it.
This is something you wouldn't have learned in your books on Baja but if you actually knew people besides Antonio, you would be aware of this. Mexicans are human too and by no means stupid as you seem to think...
They just never had access to achieving these things before now unless they sold out their land. By teaching them skills, and getting them an education, they are on the right track.
Now if we can just slow down the armchair info. being spewed into cyberspace, these people might still be able to improve their lives before everything turns into pink atrocities with unkowing gringos as neighbors. If they are lucky enough to be allowed in that area!
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-25-2005 at 02:12 PM
"Showing the beauty and wonder of Baja (the non-touristy places) here on Nomad will bring other Nomads (good gringos) to explore Baja and THAT,
my friend is what brings business to the locals.

And you are so full of chit !
jerry
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-25-2005 at 04:46 PM
jr

get real jr did you let the owner of the camp grounds (that david paid fees to) know that you just told every nomad on this board that his livelyhood isnt acceptable to you and that he and the rest of the ppl in the area should stop accepting moneys weather it be from labor store owners i guess it would bambo too
this sounds like the ramblings of a long term pot smoker who has warped his brain and now really thinks that everyone is wrong and hes right
oh i guess smoking dope is leagal in mexico?? NOT: whats your example showing the mexicans
i do hope your telling your local mexican s that you are informing all gringos to stay clear and that you decided that they no longer need the gringo bucks please let me know there reaction and get readdy to be run out of town on a bamboo rail
looks like the same old story jr self appointed cheif of mexicans
seems like you have progressed on the bamboo double hand back patter too bad you cant sell them?? noone will be aloud to use them but you jerry

jerry and judi
Me No
Banned

[*] posted on 6-25-2005 at 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jerry
get real jr did you let the owner of the camp grounds (that david paid fees to) know that you just told every nomad on this board that his livelyhood isnt acceptable to you and that he and the rest of the ppl in the area should stop accepting moneys weather it be from labor store owners i guess it would bambo too
this sounds like the ramblings of a long term pot smoker who has warped his brain and now really thinks that everyone is wrong and hes right
oh i guess smoking dope is leagal in mexico?? NOT: whats your example showing the mexicans
i do hope your telling your local mexican s that you are informing all gringos to stay clear and that you decided that they no longer need the gringo bucks please let me know there reaction and get readdy to be run out of town on a bamboo rail
looks like the same old story jr self appointed cheif of mexicans
seems like you have progressed on the bamboo double hand back patter too bad you cant sell them?? noone will be aloud to use them but you jerry

I vote Jerry king of the Chicken coup groupers!

Whatever was going on here, at least I could understand what JR and DK wrote. I can't say that for you Jerry.:lol::lol::lol:
Packoderm
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-25-2005 at 04:59 PM

Oh, I thought you meant why you pray to David K.
Baja Bernie
`Normal` Nomad Correspondent

Mood: Just dancing through life

[*] posted on 6-25-2005 at 05:03 PM

Doggies,
I just can't deal with this-----I am agreeing with Me No--again!

Edit--that is what he said about not understanding jerry,

[Edited on 6-26-2005 by Baja Bernie]

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-25-2005 at 05:10 PM

WE LOVE DAVID K !

The only reason I can think of that someone wouldn't like a nice do-gooder like David fits JR to a T. He's jealous that he doesn't get as much attention, respect or thanks.

Go Jerry Go !!

Enough of the self-sainted one !
Life is too short for his crapola.
Censorship for JR !!

Meano, why can JR make nonsensical accusations about others but Jerry is a "chicken coup grouper" for doing the same thing in return ?
Are you as monstrously humongous a hypocrite as JR ?
Me No
Banned

[*] posted on 6-25-2005 at 05:24 PM

Diver, registered 11-16-04, Hmmmmm. I guess that only ranks you a chicken couper wanna be. :lol: Ever analyze a chickens behavior in a chicken coup Diver? It's a sort of collective conscience, because a chicken has such a tiny little brain. So if on chicken starts pecking on another chicken, the other chickens start pecking on that one also. Kinda like you are doing now. :lol:

David K a do gooder. What a flippin joke. The guy is a self promoting blow hard. Not to mention who he really is as a person, which I know plenty, but I promised I would be nice.

JR, is far from a hypocrite. He is an internet button pusher, to be sure. BUT, if you can't think for yourself, you need your buttons pushed.

Meano. Me No meano. Me more NeMo!:lol::lol:
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-25-2005 at 05:25 PM

In this corner the "Chicken coup groupers" :O:O

And in that corner the "Bambozos" :yes::yes:

Jefe Bambozo vs. Dudley Do Right::lol::lol:

Which corner do you fit in...:light:

[Edited on 6-26-2005 by JZ]
Me No
Banned

[*] posted on 6-25-2005 at 05:28 PM

Bambozo and proud of it.:lol::lol::lol::moon:
bajaden
Nomad

Mood: vicarious

[*] posted on 6-25-2005 at 05:30 PM

Jr, I just would like you to go back and read all the posts between you and David. In one of his posts he made the observation that you should give the mexicans more credit for their intelligence. You responded by saying that he thought all mexicans were stupid. As far as tourists go. The last couple of years the tourist business has been down. Probably because of 9/11. I would walk around Mulege and talk to all the shop owners that I have come to know. They were all depressed by the lack of tourism. My point is that the tourists do help the economy. Most just pass through, and have their one trip of a lifetime. But some fall in love, and return many times. A few of those end up living there. Are there some carpetbaggers amongst them? Sure. Are they there just for the money? Yes. Only goverment regulations can really stop them. Will baja eventually change? Sadly, yes. Can we, as people who live there help make that change as positive as possible? I pray we can...............
Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-25-2005 at 05:30 PM

Of course there goes Meano spouting from where he knows not.
Just because I registered in '04 doesn't mean I don't have more time in Baja than many, even maybe you and JR.
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 6-25-2005 at 05:33 PM

I agree with everyone you are all correct but you are coming from deferent angles. we all need to learn that when some one has a deferent slant on things that it is an opportunity to learn new something or even disagree but not to sling mud in personal attacks.;):bounce:

[Edited on 6-26-2005 by Bruce R Leech]

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-25-2005 at 05:36 PM

Diver, that would be Sr. Meano Bambozo:lol:

Please use the correct address :light:

Me No
Banned

[*] posted on 6-25-2005 at 05:38 PM

I feel that the real heat from this argument is coming from the Coupers side Bruce. Bambozos don't hate anyone, they just see things the way they really are. The internet haze is not so thick, when you laugh at every post. Me No

Awwh, JZ you slipped in there. My guess is either one of you two has at least 10 years on me.:lol::lol: So please, don't call me Sr.:lol:

Further Diver, I don't want to dismiss your vast baja knowledge, but I will dismiss what you know about people and how they post. Don't let this stuff affect you too much. NeMo

[Edited on 6-26-2005 by Me No]
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-25-2005 at 05:45 PM

Damn sure ain't me, unless you are in your low twenties Sr. :lol:

Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.