BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Areo California Sale
Eli
Super Nomad

Mood: Some times Observing, sometimes Oblivious.

[*] posted on 6-28-2005 at 02:56 PM
Areo California Sale

Just got the word that Areo Califorina has a 50% off sale, today thru Friday, July 1st. Good only for flights now until Mid Dec.
A-OK
Nomad

Mood: faded

[*] posted on 6-28-2005 at 04:39 PM

Good info there....... gotta check into that asap.:cool:
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 6-28-2005 at 05:19 PM

thanks Eli got to git some tickets

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

MexicoTed
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-28-2005 at 05:27 PM

Eli, is there a number or website?
Ted

Eli
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-28-2005 at 05:42 PM

Sorry Ted, that I don't know. I just went into the traval agent down the block and they pulled it up on their computer. I was already and exicited to buy a round trip ticket from La Paz to Mexico and back for $2,800.00 pesos when we discovered we weren't on the same page. He was selling it to me for this year and I want it for July 2006, ni modo. Still, thought the info might be useful to someone now.
Baja Bernie
`Normal` Nomad Correspondent

Mood: Just dancing through life

[*] posted on 6-28-2005 at 06:27 PM
Sara

At that price it would pay to go nowhere and come back later.

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
yankeeirishman
Banned

[*] posted on 6-28-2005 at 06:28 PM
".....them "other guys" site said......"

Got some real nasty said things about this Airline here...

http://www.baja.com/ubb/Forum8/HTML/000032.html

What control freaks there are here. Don\'t believe that post you just read!
Debra
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-28-2005 at 06:39 PM

Sara,

Computers will not read that far out (July 2006) ask your Travel Agent to check the rules of the fare, if no rule says the fare isn't valid past a certain date you're okay! He/She can hand write the ticket. The rules will usually have start/stop travel dates....but, sometimes they screw up and leave that out. You will need a TA with some guts to play the airline game....but, go for it! If your TA finds that no dates are in the rules tell Him/Her to 'CTB' and print out the rules when they write the ticket and keep a copy of it with their agent copy of the ticket.

This reminds me of just how much I enjoyed messing with the airlines and the stupid games they played to screw the public! BOY, OH BOY....DO I HAVE SOME STORIES! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
Eli
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-28-2005 at 07:14 PM

Thanks Debra, I know I use to have a friend who played the airlines. Man, she was a master, I couldn't believe the stuff she pulled off. She was always changing her flight, goin some where free, she knew every angle.

I am a little lame at this game. Anyway, the travel agent gave a cut off date of Dec. something or other. So, I will let this offer go. Still, it is a hopeful for future.

This years trip cost me $3,200.00 pesos round trip from La Paz to Mexico and back, and the flight was o.k., nothing to write home about, no better or whose than any of the other flights I have had to and from D.F..

I am not real fond of flying, I know, can you believe it, Don Jimmy's kid? Go figure, don't like to fish, no mechanical ability what so ever. Don't even drink beer, could care less about racing, protested Vietnam while he was there, geez, it is a wonder the Ol Man didn't disown me.
roundtuit
Senior Nomad

Mood: Wife's Job

[*] posted on 6-28-2005 at 08:40 PM

This just happened to me and this is my complaint don't know if this will do any good. Sent to United Am open for suggestiona

I am writting to complain about my flight on June 22-05. I was supposed to leave rdd to fsd at 10:35 AM on flight 6198. After check in I boarded the plane and found that it couldn't unlock the brakes to even leave the terminal. All passengers than had to leave the plane and go back to the terminal Then back to reservations. The man was very nice an accomadating. but there was no way he could get any other flights to my destination on the 22,23 or 24th. I was willing to go for just one day. This was a very important flight for me as I was going to my mothers 90th birthday party on Sat. All my cousins,nieces, nephews, and her great grandkids where to be there. As I don't know from year to year if she will be there next year,I have been going there for the last 5 years on United.I can understand acts of God(weather conditions)but not sure if I can forgive poor maintenance.Sure they are going to refund my credit card but not the $ 90.00 voucher that I had from last year. Tried to rebook but now the rates are $921.30. So you can see I am not a happy camper about United.
Still going back to see her this summer as she is very important to me and it broke her heart that I didn't make it for her birthday
My brother call yesterday and strongly suggested that I get back soon not six months from now.
I strongly feel that when I do I should atleast be able to purchase the ticket at the orignal price of $ 644.80 minus the $90.00 voucher not $921.30 Have been using United for years and never ran into a problem of this nature before
Thanks Ronald Johnson
Debra
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-28-2005 at 09:18 PM

First? Did you buy your ticket from a Travel Agent? (believe it or not....they are your best bet to fight the system) If you did, go to him/her and ask that he/she call their local rep. at United, if you bought your ticket "online" I'm afraid you are on your own.....but, you still have recourse, I assume that you have sent the above letter to United....don't give up! Go to their web-site for addresses,....sent the letter to everyone from the Pres. on down and back up the 'food chain' The airlines really don't care about the individual passenger any longer, but, if you are a big thorn in their butts they will take care of you, if for nothing more than to shut you up.

Good luck.....and please U2 me as things go along. I spent 20yrs. in that 'trench' (think I got out just in time, LOL!)
roundtuit
Senior Nomad

Mood: Wife's Job

[*] posted on 6-28-2005 at 09:28 PM

Thanks Debra Bought my tickets on line from United, but have used them for years THIS IS NOT GOING TO DIE easily ,On the way to the top Unhappy Camper
PacO
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-28-2005 at 09:39 PM

Jesus, sounds like American Airlines. I fought w/them for two years over an issue and finally gave up w/some damn near worthless vouchers that had limits on them.
Capt. George
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-29-2005 at 03:03 AM

S thanks just booked fare for August trip

came to $310 $270 + additional "fees"....

still beats the crap out of driving! Going to the Cape (Cod that is) visit my kids...........

g
Don Alley
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-29-2005 at 07:19 AM
Aero Cal

I just used a discount Aero California ticket to LA and back to Loreto. No problems, planes within 10-15 minutes of on-time. My wife used her's and is up north now, no problems on the first leg. So far so good, knock on wood!

We have yet to have a problem with this airline, and we like the staff at the Loreto airport.

But be advised that these promotional tickets are limited to a few seats per plane; you may not get the exact flights you want. With two weeks notice, I got flights within a few days of my original request.

Alaska/Horizon Air: We've flown this airline much more over the years. Usually good, but I have some stories! They can really screw up. Late flights, overbooking, left at wrong city due to fog without compensation, where's my luggage, stuff like that.

Aero Mexico: Used this a few times. Overbooking, lost luggage. I hear this is a great airline but with the few trips or family has taken, it has the worst batting average.

Delta: lost luggage, late flights and missed connections, stuff like that

It's always a crapshoot with any airline. But now if things don't go well, we can dump all over the airline on the internet! Ain't progress great? :)
mulege marv
Senior Nomad

Mood: relaxed

[*] posted on 6-29-2005 at 11:43 AM
aero cal

i have flown with aerocalifornia for years with no problems (though i do think aero mexico has far better service). the worst experience i ever had was with alaska and it took me a year to get the problem resolved and recieved vouchers instead of a refund. so you pay your money and you take your chances, and the less you pay the better !

Want what you have
Worldtraveller
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-30-2005 at 12:07 AM

$282 + taxes on Alaska Airlines for a Los Angeles to Loreto roundtrip next month. My wife loves their frequent flyer program.
elizabeth
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-30-2005 at 08:29 AM

AeroMexico is $322 including taxes SanDiego Loreto in July. They are a class act. My favorite.

Aero California...I don't much like them...it's all pretty subjective except the old DC-9's make me uneasy.

Alaska...flew them once...neither the pilots nor the cabin attendants could pronounce Loreto...I thought for awhile that I must have gotten on the wrong plane and was headed for Texas. I have a little bit of a problem flying on a airline crewed by folks who can't pronounce the name of the destination!

[Edited on 6-30-2005 by elizabeth]
marla
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-30-2005 at 11:14 AM

We flew Aero California to Loreto in April. My first experience with them. Firstly, I forgot the paper tickets because I am so NOT used to using paper tickets and they made me buy new tickets at the airport, big pain. THey did refund me later though. Secondly, I am a single mom travelling with two small children and their seat assignment process was so totally undiscernable that even though we were the first people to the airport for the flight we could not get seats together. And they would not move other people to let us sit together, as AeroMexico will. Fortunately the guy in the seat next to my two little kids was horrified, ha ha, and let me trade with him. Sitting in the back of the plane was so noisy we had to scream at each other and my kids could literally not hear their DVD player thru the headphones. So it was funky. However, if the price was right I would fly them again.

If a man walks in the woods for love of them half of each day, he is in danger of being regarded as a loafer. But if he spends his days as a speculator, shearing off those woods and making the earth bald before her time, he is deemed an industrious and enterprising citizen. Henry David Thoreau

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.