BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Learning Spanish? Get this book!
GeoRock
Nomad

Mood: Always have one

[*] posted on 9-30-2003 at 06:37 PM
Learning Spanish? Get this book!

Practice Makes Perfect, Spanish Verb Tenses by Dorothy Devney Richmond. She also has another book, Practice Makes Perfect: Predicates.

I can't recommend her books highly enough. They are well thought out, logical, and very easy to learn from. Best of all, Amazon is having a sale on them right now for just over $11 for both!
I didn't know about the sale, and ordered just the verb book. I liked it so much that I went back to find out if she wrote any other books. Found out that if I spent about $1.50 more, I could have gotten her second book also.
Trust me, order them both as a set and save $10. They are absolutely worth it.

[Edited on 10-1-2003 by GeoRock]

http://reinventmyself.isagenix.com
For rapid weight loss; building of lean muscle for athletes; and overall improved health through nutritional cleansing.
Stephanie Jackter
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-30-2003 at 08:19 PM
Thanks.

I speak spanish, but collect good instructional books. I'll definitely pick those up. They are the right price for my budget. - Stephanie
Stephanie Jackter
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-30-2003 at 09:07 PM
Can't find the deal.

Would you mind linking me to the page that has the bargain price on it. I can only find the page where they're getting 10 bucks a piece. - Stephanie
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 9-30-2003 at 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Stephanie Jackter
Would you mind linking me to the page that has the bargain price on it. I can only find the page where they're getting 10 bucks a piece. - Stephanie

Stephanie,

Since you specifically asked...

The verb tenses book is available here (in association with Amazon, for as little as $6.87/ea -- from a third-party):

http://tienda.bajanomad.com/cgi-bin/tienda.cgi?item_id=08442...

:biggrin:

(I can't find the special mentioned either)

[Edited on 10-1-2003 by BajaNomad]

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
Kayak fish

[*] posted on 9-30-2003 at 10:37 PM
learning spanish

are there any good tapes or cd's for learning spanish
Stephanie Jackter
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-1-2003 at 09:46 PM
How is it I started out with the idea of paying 6.95 for one item and wound up paying 43 bucks for 5

The pitfall of online shopping. I'll let you know how I like the books, though. - Stephanie
GeoRock
Nomad

Mood: Always have one

[*] posted on 10-2-2003 at 08:16 AM

Sorry for the delayed answer, but here is the link:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0071417028/qid...

The cost is $11.16 for both books, and they qualify for free shipping if you jack the price up to $25. I recommend Vox Compact Spanish and English Dictionary with the vinyl cover and 501 Spanish Verbs by C. Kendris for anyone wanting to have a list of all the conjugations of verbs at their fingertips.

I can't believe it, but I'm finally starting to learn some Spanish from my class. And I'm pulling an A so far. But I don't yet feel that I could carry on a conversation in Spanish. I have graduated from SpanGlish however, and that makes taking this class worthwhile.

http://reinventmyself.isagenix.com
For rapid weight loss; building of lean muscle for athletes; and overall improved health through nutritional cleansing.
Stephanie Jackter
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-2-2003 at 11:13 AM
Thanks

I got my order modified and cheapened it up considerably.- Stephanie

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.