Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: STOP IT ! Now try this;
yankeeirishman
Banned

[*] posted on 7-5-2005 at 06:57 PM
STOP IT ! Now try this;

This poll is very amateur, indeed. Get rid of it! Only 20+ Nomads have responded to it, out of 1700 members! Worded incorrectly. It?s a catch 22 deal. Do vote for [a], you be damned. Don?t vote for , you be damned.

Choice of either;
[a] Baja travel info, photos, maps, trip reports, stories of Baja's past, meeting Baja friends, having fun.

B. To read how bad gringos are, lies and slander, how wonderful one person is for bringing gifts to the mountain people, profanity, hate, name calling.

To vote for [a], you may not ever be able to debate here; it may end up being judge as a troll or flame action because of the [a] included such allowances to control these type of responses IF it is deemed to be, by a few selected moderators. Disagreements with other Nomads could be literary controlled by the moderators as well; there are only a few of them to overlook 1700+ members. The [a] vote can convey strict controls over what you may post here; censures of criticism, debates, disagreements, and so forth.

To vote for B, is a very controlled offering aimed at jr by DavidK (come on you Blokes?we all know this!). Yet?. we don?t want outright hate here. We certainly don?t need threats. And the ?peeing on you? posts that continue for days, ain?t much wanted here either.

HOLD yer guns boys and girls before you shoot me here in OK Corral that I am makin? here!

When I first started to read and post here a few years ago?it was great! A few months into being a worm member (Newbies), I got shot down with a post I did (new road development news story I c/c). Did I get cremated with rudeness, jokes and all the other smut replies that I don?t wish to remember! And then the garbage continued with (most) other posts I did.

I responded back with the same?and it just got bad. I was painted as the Monster of the forum. Blackie, Bernie, Meno, and many others. I went to battle with. Then I got smart. I went back to being the good guy after realizing that my defenses were wrecking havoc on this forum. The flames, the trolls, the back handed slapped responses were really bad. I u2u most (or outright responded with positive remarks in postings) with peace offers, explanations, and/or with just plain persistent good posts.

It worked!

Got the point DavidK and jr ?

Make peace. But dont attempt to control the rest of us over your polls and wars. Please!

[Edited on 7-6-2005 by yankeeirishman]

What control freaks there are here. Don\'t believe that post you just read!
Mike Supino
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-5-2005 at 07:01 PM

I believe that the only logical solution would be suicide.

But wait!
Maybe not!

How about a duel????? :o:o:o
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-5-2005 at 07:05 PM
If ya cain't dazzle em with brilliance

baffle em with bullchit as the saying goes. And it's not worth having to point out bullchit to prove a point. But, notice I haven't posted since I got bored with it.:light:
Now's DK's chance to look really clever cause it just don't matter. Just had a whole neighborhood full of them this weekend. I need some mangos, bad!:lol:
bajaruby
Banned

[*] posted on 7-5-2005 at 07:05 PM

"When I first started to read and post here a few years ago?it was great! A few months into being a worm member (Newbies), I got shot down".

AMEN
Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 7-5-2005 at 07:33 PM

You missed the fireworks Yankee... some things were removed by the moderators (including my posts), only JR posted angry here after the editing, however.

Unfortunately, there should be more moderating to keep the site on topic, as the poll was designed to show. The few who like profanity here (and name calling, etc.) have convinced Doug to stop moderating what they post, even if it is soley done to create hate.

I know what I and most others like to read here... and the things I named above aren't them.

I keep offering an olive branch to JR, and he keeps pee-ing on it. I guess when you drink as much as he posted here (before 10 am even), that isn't a surprise.

What is a surprise how upset my request for truth and an end to the anti-personal posts (p***** gringos, dk is a this or that, chicken coopers, etc.) has made a few here.

Is that what you guys want... so much freedom to name call and slander that you chase away most of the good people?

The poll was the only way I could show Doug that JR's desire to change Nomad from a Baja travelers forum to a 'pee on all gringos except the ones who live there and agree with JR' forum.

I have posted alot, but I never demanded that anyone agree with me or condemmed anyone for coming to Baja and writing about it.

JR has posted alot... and he name calls, puts people down, trys to make people think I am not qualified to write about Baja (with 40 years of travel history in Baja that include 100's of trips, published books and articles, etc.)...

Over the years, I have received many emails from supportive folks who tell me they stopped posting here because they do not want to go through the attacks that I have received here. They cannot believe that I keep trying to be friends with JR, or that I was going to his place last year. One person even warned me he would turn on me...
Well, looks like it was true.

I am asking you who make up the majority to contact Doug and tell him you want this great Baja discussion forum back, and the anti-personal stuff to be removed.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 7-5-2005 at 07:40 PM

Oh, the above was me... I was working on one of my web sites on a webtv acount that I don't use to post on Nomad, and didn't realize wasn't logged on before posting...

What I was doing when I clicked over to Nomad while taking a break... The GPS for the new Tecate border and road was added to my GPS web page, to help Baja travelers...
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 7-5-2005 at 08:00 PM

and the saga goes on:(

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

yankeeirishman
Banned

[*] posted on 7-5-2005 at 08:14 PM
Well heck!

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Oh, the above was me... I was working on one of my web sites on a webtv acount that I don't use to post on Nomad, and didn't realize wasn't logged on before posting...

What I was doing when I clicked over to Nomad while taking a break... The GPS for the new Tecate border and road was added to my GPS web page, to help Baja travelers...

I have been to the other forums, and indeed, I?m a member of the "other guy's site. I don?t like that site. I like this site. It's more "human" if you will.

There surely must be a way for you dudes to stop this back and forth. I did?remember? And I was mad as hell against Blackie?but do you see us fight with insults anymore? Nada. There is a way for you two to make peace?.For the sake of this forum.

I didn?t know about the firework show here. But I will ya?If there?s much more of this garbage going on?you Blokes will have this place to yourselves. I love a good debate and all that?but the low has gotten too low.

DavidK and JR?..I (and many others here) beg you guys to put down that hatchet ya holding.

[Edited on 7-6-2005 by yankeeirishman]

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 7-5-2005 at 08:17 PM

Bruce, this can end really fast...

I will accept an apology from JR and Me No for their zillions of anti personal attacks on me and my fellow Baja loving amigos, and delete all my posts that were posted in defense of their mean spirited actions.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-5-2005 at 08:21 PM
Nope

Everything I comment on is true. And I dare anyone to prove that any of their accusations against me are true.
Let's see, anti american, in it for self gratitude, doing what I do for recognition, not to be trusted, blah blah blah. From people who take what I point out personally.
Then, rather than respond intelligently, they call names and make accusations or insinuations with no backup when they are called on it.:lol: They just dissappear.
Very american I might add. Gossip! Must be something to do with "reality tv". Certainly applies to the idea of tourists who think they are cool because they vacation somewhere and pretend to know the place.. Reality? Hardly !!
But, if you can pick up some equally unknowing supporters, it must be reality, no?:lol::lol::lol:
Nevertheless, pretty soon the rest of the coopers will be back and chime on in. Maybe by then I will have regained my interest in stating facts about Baja and the people I see and what really goes on here.
Unless of course yall want to play "pretend Baja" like the coop groupers seem to believe in.

And sr.dk, why don't you tell your audience what the posts were about and who posted them before you connived a coop group moderator to delete them? Before I decide to.:light:

Yep!
yankeeirishman
Banned

[*] posted on 7-5-2005 at 08:29 PM
move on...

apologies? You guys .....just MOVE ON! Call it a stand off...and move on! Nobody wins, nobody looses. Move on for the good of this board.

I respect both of you. I love jr's outlook on the American tourist. I love DavidK's travel information. Why cant we have both of your goods...without the battle? Com'om...try it Blokes

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 7-5-2005 at 08:29 PM
to JR

JR: "And sr.dk, why don't you tell your audience what the posts were about and who posted them before you connived a coop group moderator to delete them? Before I decide to"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DK: They were flame posts, with personal mail, with a link to illegal photos on Baja.net. It didn't belong here, no matter who it was trying to embarass.

JR is it more important for you to be 'right' than for you to be happy? Unless this constant string of name calling and slander makes you happy? That is not very 'human', if you ask me!

Baja should be about happy... You are just chasing away people that could really be helping with your projects (like I have done).

If you didn't attack, then I would never post anything to counter with... I am sure everyone is sick of me spending time countering your stuff.

Enough is enough...
Peace please!

[Edited on 7-6-2005 by David K]

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

yankeeirishman
Banned

[*] posted on 7-5-2005 at 08:54 PM

Com'on jr.....he's calling it quits if you call it quits too. A way out of this stuff with honor to both. Let's roll with the good stuff from here on out.

Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-5-2005 at 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jrbaja
Everything I comment on is true.

No JR, everything you comment on is your opinion. Let's get back to Baja because I could really care less what you think of DK or vice versa.

So did I mention that I am planning on taking one of those Costco inverters to Pancho at Playa San Rafael in October? Anyone been by to see him lately?

zac

Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-5-2005 at 09:05 PM

OY VEY !

Sick; Yes,
Enough: Yes, and I certainly hope so; please !
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 7-5-2005 at 09:08 PM

you guys that think that Jrbaja and David k are ruining this forum should not read there posts and should not be starting new threads that only serve to escalate things. personally I read every word and kind of enjoy the battle. these are to good guys that are having a public disagreement and nothing more. you are throwing gasoline on the fire and I don't care because this makes things interesting around here.

just don't open the threads that you say you don't like.:lol::lol::lol:

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 7-5-2005 at 09:22 PM

Zac, good for you! How will Pancho use it... in other words what will it permit him to do beyond his 1 hour of Hermosillo television?

See if he is still selling beer and sodas or making fish tacos for visitors, please.

Pancho was so cool to my kids and I when we dropped in after searching for the lost mission, just west of him.

Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-5-2005 at 09:30 PM

Just another kind of fun !
Although I do like the funny stories and pictures more.
Can you tell I'm back on my meds ?
Anyone want some ? Anyone need some ?:yes::yes::o:o:biggrin:
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-6-2005 at 12:56 AM
need something Diver

Quote:
Originally posted by Diver
Just another kind of fun !
Although I do like the funny stories and pictures more.
Can you tell I'm back on my meds ?
Anyone want some ? Anyone need some ?:yes::yes::o:o:biggrin:

After working my burro(?) off to come back to this!!! Well it's just like goin' home. Except not my home! Not much change. What can I say, I can be enthralled but not always
by off-camber bantering and continuing castigation.
Oxy-something? I hope.:lol: It would animate the animation.
I think I read somewhere that they said they disliked this type of ongoing diatribe. Could I be mistaken?
And JR would be wise to heed his own advise.
Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 7-6-2005 at 06:41 AM

Very trivial reading. This is worse than a comic book. What's happened to this forum? Where are the interesting Baja posters?
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.