Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: The "them's" and the "us's"
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-6-2005 at 11:36 AM
The "them's" and the "us's"

We live in this neighborhood that used to be mostly Mexican. Until a bunch from the l.a. area moved in. First thing they did was put up a gate. Next thing was to try and form a HOA.:lol:
Then, they found out that many of the owners want to develop the area so they hired an attorney.:lol: They found out that a HOA doesn't mean anything here so they called it a "social club".
The attorney came by this weekend to let them know their social club was now registered in Mexico City.:lol::lol::lol: They keep paying this attorney and he keeps telling them they are protected against this planned development.:lol:
When these mental giants weren't falling down drunk, they were having "meetings" with each other to convince themselves they are now protected. And to talk about the rest of "us" who didn't want to play.:lol:
Because of these "thems", a lot of people walked out of the meetings and are now "us's" as they know we talk to the owners rather than a bunch of windbags.. Because, one of the them's now want's to put flags in front of the houses to discern between the "thems" and "us's". :lol::lol::lol:
In real life, we are friends with the owners. When there is something of importance to discuss, they come to our house or we go to theirs. There is already a plan and when development starts here, the "them's" are done! Nobody likes them, what they stand for or what they do. Constantly complain!
We have been here longer than anyone and don't go whine to the owners about everything imaginable. I have dealt with the "thems" bs personally and am fairly well known for this.
Seems to work as we have been told that we don't have to worry about the development. They just want to get rid of the P-nche gringos, not all the gringos.
Do you think the "thems" will ever catch on? I don't!
And, good riddance!:lol::lol:
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 7-6-2005 at 12:01 PM

how true it is:lol:

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

yankeeirishman
Banned

[*] posted on 7-6-2005 at 01:05 PM
How chump of em!

Going to one's home to discuss the issue(s) use to be the old fashion way of doing business. I concur with you on this issue of the outsiders coming in with the ol? bum attitude towards change of ?their? preferences. How chump of em!

When we got our land for our home Campos Octillio, in San Felipe (our Baja home location to be), I went around and talked to most folks there. Natives, Canadians, and all the rest?..to see what sort of home I SHOULD built. There are no restrictions to what I can do there (except for a 14 foot height rag). Doing the old fashion way of getting to be part of the system, instead of a pushy ol? bum?will bring me great friends and neighbors there, in the future.

[Edited on 7-6-2005 by yankeeirishman]

What control freaks there are here. Don\'t believe that post you just read!

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.