Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: La Picazo'n, Loreto
LaTijereta
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-10-2005 at 03:23 PM
La Picazo'n, Loreto

Checkout this new restaurant on the beach "north" of town. The couple has relocated from Cabo, and their food menu is very good (seafood):P
There are even bouys if you want to pull your boat, and anchor off the restaurant.
Location is straight across from Isla Coranado, and about 6 miles north along the costal road.
LaTijereta
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-10-2005 at 03:25 PM
La Picazon..Another view

bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-10-2005 at 04:58 PM

Thank you LT
Alexandro and Emelda are very good friends of ours.
They used to have a restaurant in San Jose near the bus terminal, then they moved to San Lucas. A cousin of theirs bought that and still makes great food.
Their food is excellent. If they have it on the menu, try the scallop burger. Their smoked marlin tacones are killer. Here I go with the drool again.
Also if you think about it please tell them that we looked and looked for them the last time we were in Loreto. Please tell them that Jaime and Judy say. "Muy Buena Suerte with their new restaurant and that we will see them for sure on our next trip." guess I should have U2U-ed all that....

jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-10-2005 at 05:16 PM
Scallop Burger?

YUM !
LaTijereta
Super Nomad

thumbup.gif posted on 7-10-2005 at 07:05 PM
Shrimp Burgers!

Shrimp Burgers were the big hit:biggrin::biggrin:
They are hoping to have grand opening party at the end of July:bounce::bounce:
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-11-2005 at 02:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sharksbaja
YUM !
:lol:
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-11-2005 at 06:48 AM

Please post when the grand opening is. It is only a day drive and we might just come up and surprise them!

bill erhardt
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-22-2005 at 06:00 AM

OK, how do you get to the Picazon in Loreto? I went out the coastal road past the hoarhouse and all the gringo development 6 miles or so......no restaurant, no signs, nada. I also went north of town 6 or 8 miles on route 1 with equal futility.
Detailed directions, please.
LaTijereta
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-22-2005 at 12:51 PM
Directions

Bill,
Go north out of town as you were going, past "old" Penthouse, past new homes on the beach with block wall, about another 2 +/- miles. You go through a wash, as you climb out of the wash it will be on the rightside. There is a sign out on the road, and the ONLY place out there:o
If come to the "arches" that take you Doctor's Point you have missed the place.
Remember they are closed on Tuesday's...
Best way to go is by boat, and tie off to a bouy about 50 ft off the beach..

Tell them high from Kristian on the "La Tijereta"
bill erhardt
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-23-2005 at 07:01 AM

After one more false start I found the Loreto Picazon yesterday afternoon and it was well worth the effort. Imelda and Alejandro were happy to receive your indirect greetings, Kristian, and also happy to hear that you posted pictures of their new restaurant on the Internet. They plan to put out road signs in the near future. Three years ago I was a regular customer at the Picazon in San Jose. I initially sought it out for the smoked marlin, but returned as much because of Imelda's effervescent personality. I never met Alejandro and the boys in San Jose but they are as outgoing and gregarious as Imelda. Before I finally found the new Picazon I could not imagine how a restaurant completely isolated on six miles of bad road outside Loreto could have any hope of possibly succeeding. Now I can't imagine that it won't. The food is better than any other restaurant in Loreto has to offer; the location on the water opposite Coronado is magical; and the company is excellent. My daughter and I are fishing NE of Loreto tomorrow and plan to swing by on the way back (less chance of getting lost). This may well become a regular feature of fishing trips when fishing north of town.
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-22-2006 at 11:01 AM
Picazon

Hope to make it out there this trip
Anyone been lately?
I bet it is cold as a well digger's a$$ out there?!!?!??!?!

backninedan
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-22-2006 at 11:19 AM

Bill, next time you go there, would you suggest to them that they fly a flag of some sort when they are open. It would sure help when Im coming in from fishing to know wether they are open. Thanks
LaTijereta
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-22-2006 at 01:23 PM
Rumor..

Judy,
They are closed for the "season" now is the latest, but I would check with them in town before driving out there.
Work is continuing on a small hotel they are trying to build next to the resturant.
I would like a couple of good bouys to tie up to, when we come back from fishing. With the winds down there these days, stopping would not be the same as in the summer:o
vandenberg
Elite Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 1-22-2006 at 01:38 PM

Last time we were there was in October. Food was outstanding. The place is facing direct north, so the winter northerlies will make going there by boat tough, to say the least. Alexandro told us that he had plans to put plexiglass in the north facing windows, so customers would have some wind protection. Don't know if this materialised yet.
The food is definitely worth the trip out there.
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-22-2006 at 02:02 PM

Thanks for the info
I will stop by their place in town and check in.
I am "jones"ing for a scallop burger.
I thought with the winds they might have to close this time of year. I also thought that I probably would not want to be out there eating...or trying to. I have visions of flying lettuce etc. Ooh and that salad they make with jicama. Ok, yes, I would sit in the wind for one of their meals!

oladulce
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-22-2006 at 04:56 PM

Bajajudy-

If you meet up with the owners would you ask if they've considered a few RV camp spots at their restaurant/hotel ? Don't need any utilities, just a place to park. There's a limited number of places to stay in our camper in Loreto and we're always pulling in to town after dark after leaving SJ. It can't be any harder to sleep out there than it is at Tripui in the summer, and I'd love to try their restaurant.
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-22-2006 at 06:09 PM

oladulce
No problema
We were actually thinking we would park(camp) out there one night too but not this time of year...brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
I will post details when we return.

vandenberg
Elite Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 1-22-2006 at 06:39 PM

Ola,

The way the road to the restaurant is now, I would not recommend taking any RV in there. Almost need a 4 wheel drive to get there comfortably.
backninedan
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-23-2006 at 02:23 PM

I agree, thats a nasty road, and I hesitate to take my two wheel drive truck out there. I wouldnt consider taking a motor home.
oladulce
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-23-2006 at 06:03 PM

Thanks Vandenberg and back9dan. This is what we drive and we take the camper just about anywhere, but we're always towing a (newer) utility trailer nowadays and that might not do very well from your description of the road.

Maybe someday we can make it - I'd like to see what it's like out there.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.