Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Lack of use
jk
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-1-2003 at 04:18 PM
Lack of use

I am always surprised that there is so little info shared between sea kayakers on this website. Are there any sea kayakers out there? Where do you go? When do you go? Do you go on your own or with a tour group? Where are your favorite places? Just curious. If others reply, I will ad my own info.
Capt. George
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-1-2003 at 04:25 PM
Amigos

jk, keep plugging away at the site, amigos with your interest will show themselves. It's a great place.....

George
Bajabus
Senior Nomad

Mood: My friends..it's good.

[*] posted on 10-1-2003 at 05:07 PM

ya know there used to be a kayaker (is that spelled right?) on amigos....I can't remember her name....anyone know who I mean or remember her?

"Preventive war was an invention of Hitler. Frankly I would not even listen to anyone seriously that came and talked of such a thing." Dwight David Eisenhower
Packoderm
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-1-2003 at 06:44 PM

Wasn't his name BerkleyMan or something like that. Wasn't he the one who ate the moray eel? Oh wait; it was the educated, intellectual type who kept standing up for him. I remember him going on about kayaking. I think he was a doctor, or a professor, or something like that.

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 10-1-2003 at 07:47 PM

Max, that was 'Wendy Kayak' and she went all over the world kayaking. She was at Viva Baja 2 and 3, I believe.

Packoderm, perhaps you mean Ken Bondy? Although Ken was the one who wished Berkeleyman hadn't ate the eel. He has a H1 Hummer and is an underwater photographer. His web site is linked in mine (under Links to Great Baja Web Sites, then Baja Home Pages).

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Bajabus
Senior Nomad

Mood: My friends..it's good.

[*] posted on 10-1-2003 at 08:04 PM

Ah right wendy......wonder how she is doing?

"Preventive war was an invention of Hitler. Frankly I would not even listen to anyone seriously that came and talked of such a thing." Dwight David Eisenhower
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 10-1-2003 at 09:23 PM

Max, I emailed Wendy tonight with a link to this page... let's see if she pops on!

Matt, how about a song:

We kayak here,

We kayak there,

We kayak EVERYWHERE!

Very cool!!! Each of those kayak trips must have a story, eh?

My new wife (1985) and I kayaked around Isla El Requeson (on our honeymoon) and a pod of dolphins joined us on the far side! Baja is just so awesome!!

[Edited on 10-2-2003 by David K]

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Capt. George
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-2-2003 at 03:31 AM
Kayak

Matt, haven't seen you post in a while. Leaving for Loreto in a couple of weeks. We'll set up internet there and stay in touch...........

jk, is this a great site, or what?

George
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 10-2-2003 at 06:00 AM

We take our kayaks down all the time.

Mulege is a great place to skim around.

Too bad they don't have honda motors.:lol:

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-2-2003 at 12:57 PM

Flippers on a Kayak...cool

We only have two sit on top yellow ones that are a little shorter than regular.

They sit in the living room during the OFF season. Dogs love to ride.
I guess they're fun but are a LOT of work:lol::lol:

our website is:
jk
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-2-2003 at 05:34 PM

I have kayaked alot between Loreto and Agua Verde. Been out to Isla Carmen a couple of times. On one of those trips I was paddling from Danzante to Carmen. Suddenly I was surrounded by fin whales. They didn't really surface. All I could hear was their blows. I was torn between being spooked because I didn't know exactly where the whales were and being thrilled to be in the middle of such a noble crowd.

On the other Carmen trip, I saw this log floating in the distance as I returned to Danzante and paddled over to it. I was too late in realizing it wasn't a log, but a sea lion sleeping. The bird I thought I saw sitting on it was really a flipper. I have never seen a sea lion sleep before. Its head would sink and rise in a rhythm. I sat there watching it for a long time. Suddenly it woke up, saw me, and charged. All I could think of were pictures I had seen of a seal jumping on the back of a kayak and tipping it over. I paddled like heck, but I am sure if that sea lion had wanted to doing something, it would not have had any trouble catching up. Fortunately, it let me go.

These two trips fueled my Baja fever and drive me to return time and again--my next big trip, a circumnavigation of Carmen.

[Edited on 10-3-2003 by jk]

Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2003 at 06:00 AM

The backside of Carmen has that interesting abandoned salt mine town.

Only a carekeeper there. Lots of stingrays in the sand as no one is ever there. I have a beef with one of those guys. I still remember that stinger.

Lots of rusting stuff. A good picture oportunity.

Go south first so you can ride the waves in on the way back.

Have fun.:spingrin:

our website is:
Capt. George
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2003 at 02:25 PM
Carmen

jk, look up Deborah and I in Loreto, will be at 24 Calle Davis....have a 19 ft Dusky, will be spending a lot of time at Carmen and Coronada.......see you there.

Capt. George
wendykayak

[*] posted on 10-6-2003 at 03:19 PM

Hi, Wendykayak here. This is my first trip to Baja Nomad & hope I'm posting correctly. I've kayaked a bunch in the La Bufadora area and primitived camped out on Todos Santos Island (the south one) and also primitive camped several times south of La Bufadora. Also kayaked Santa Rosalia almost of the end of Bahia de la Compecion, on some of the islands in the Bay and on San Marcos Island. Have done that several times. But, this last May lost my best friend and sea kayaking buddy to several formes of acute leukemia. So, haven't been kayaking in a year. Hope to hit Concepcion again next April or May. Anyway, I can anser questions about some of those areas
Capt. George
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-6-2003 at 03:38 PM
WENDYKAYAK

Don't let the cancer kill you too....I lost my wife of thirty-two years to Ovarian...

It defies explanation, but life must go on.......warm up your kayak, i'm certain your friend would expect nothing less.

Capt. george
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 10-6-2003 at 04:55 PM

Hi Wendy, welcome to Baja Nomad! Your post looked perfect, too! You may have met this board's creator (Doug Means), as you both attended the same Viva Baja party.
Good to see you here!:bounce:

Barriles

[*] posted on 12-10-2003 at 09:41 PM
'Yaking

We have kayaked a few times. Once in Loreto, on our own near the southern side of things, and once in Conception Bay. Trouble is, we always go in winter, Dec and Jan and it is always windy.

During our stay at Conception, we went out in the morning and went farther than we intended. Late morning the wind came. We turned tail and headed back, into the wind, and had one of the most bouncey and questionably risky times getting back. I kept getting hammered by side off waves coming over the front and causing my direction to wander, my boat to roll alarmingly (not over) and very slow progress to be made.

We were glad to be wearing wet suits against such a possibility, as the upper part of the body kept getting wetted by the waves. The skirts let in some water, which I tried to bail once but let in as much as I bailed out.

This was several years ago. Since then we have stuck to an inflatable boat and windsurfing gear.

Its a great place to kayak, on a calm day.:tumble:
JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-10-2003 at 09:55 PM

I have a project to kayak the entire lenght of the sea of cortez, its definately something i want to do in the next couple of years.

gonetobaja
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-4-2004 at 06:31 PM

I want to see more kayakers down here in Playa Escondida. We are bringing down 6 or 7 kayaks to rent out to tourists. We are also starting a new tour this year. Its only a 4 mile paddle down through the coves to Bahia Christina, but its nice and safe as far as being able to get back to shore(no cliffs). Plus Bahia Christina has a resturant with a full bar when we get there!

I like Kayaks for Baja because they dont use gas...

GTB
http://gonetobaja.com
:bounce:
bancoduo
Banned

[*] posted on 3-23-2006 at 02:06 PM

Did you get a licence?
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.