Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4
Author: Subject: More on Graffitti
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-13-2005 at 09:09 PM
They were gringos

from back east somewhere. N.Carolina maybe. They were u.s. plates and it wasn't just them. There are rocks along the course with the km's to the pits spray painted on them. Unfortunately, it wasn't just an isolated indident.
Mexray
Super Nomad

Mood: Baja Time

[*] posted on 7-13-2005 at 09:31 PM
Now I have the picture...

...those guys were in fact, part of a huge US construction corporation, and they were making these marks on the rocks to guide the roadbed crews as to where the new Super-Baja Expressway is to be built!...;D

According to my clock...anytime is \'BAJA TIME\' & as Jimmy Buffett says,
\"It doesn\'t use numbers or moving hands It always just says now...\"
pokey
Nomad

Mood: sun burned

[*] posted on 7-13-2005 at 09:59 PM

Graffiti is a hispanic thing. A trip to any inner city getto dominated by Puerto Ricans, Dominicans, Haitans, Columbians, Mexicans, whatever... will affirm this.

Any claim that graffitti is caused by caucasians is based on pc bull sh*t. Thee most rundown trailerpark getto doesn't have the graffiti that a hispanic neighborhood has. Prove me wrong.

Keep Mexico weird
Me No
Banned

[*] posted on 7-13-2005 at 10:07 PM

In order to be "Down", you need to be "Up".

You figure it out.:?:
Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-13-2005 at 10:12 PM

Or to have been up at some point. Good point Me No.
Some folks don't have the option to put themselves in other peoples shoes as they have never been out of their own ! Maybe never wore them at all !
Most of us are very lucky folks to have walked in many pair over the years !
pokey
Nomad

Mood: sun burned

[*] posted on 7-13-2005 at 10:18 PM

your definitely not referring to me [b/]

I know poverty like few on this board will ever know.

Keep Mexico weird
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 7-14-2005 at 09:36 AM
Hispanic Culture ?

The only exception I would take to the statement that "It is a Hispanic thing" is that Years back when Graffiti was common in the U.S., it was extremely rare in Baja. Perhaps with the growing number of Pocho gang types that are coming South, especially on the Holidays, this has been one result of the mixing of the cultures. Quien Sabe ? ?
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-14-2005 at 09:59 AM
Seguro Se?or

But, many are coming from Los Cabos as well as the mainland. I saw a group of "lowrider" chicanos in Los Barriles not long ago. Baggie pants, attitudes, tattoos, the works. Nice cars though. But, I bet the trunks were stocked up in the paint dept.:no:

And as far as the mixing of cultures go, the locals pretty much don't.

[Edited on 7/14/2005 by jrbaja]
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 7-14-2005 at 01:46 PM
Touching Taggers

Back in 1995, when William Masters took out those two taggers in Los Angeles, Killing one, I had some T-shirts made up that read "1st Annual Bag-A-Tagger Masters Tournament". Initially, I made up two dozen to give out to friends, but demand was so popular that I ordered another three dozen to sell. I'm down to the last two I saved. At the Gun show the following year in San Bernardino, I had one of the vendors propose a deal if I wanted to mass produce them, but I told him to go ahead on his own. The satisfaction of knowing the thought was so well received was reward enough.

The image in the telescopic sight is that of a hand holding a spray can.

[Edited on 7-14-2005 by MrBillM]
PJC
Super Nomad

Mood: Right

[*] posted on 7-14-2005 at 01:57 PM

Did the vendor ever put these into production?

Shoot, Shovel and Shut-up!

-- A simple operating practice.

‘Global warming’ has become the grand political narrative of the age, replacing Marxism as a dominant force for controlling liberty and human choices.

-- Prof. P. Stott

Time was, people warning the world \"Repent - the end is nigh!\" were snickered at as fruitcakes.

Now they own the media and run the schools.
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

lol.gif posted on 7-14-2005 at 02:24 PM
That would make fine signs

at both the north and south ends of Catavi?a!:light:
eetdrt88
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-14-2005 at 05:58 PM
the whiner's are at it again...

crying about things they have absolutely no control over....all the neighborhood watch programs in the world will never end graffiti...it is something that goes on all over the world and probably always will...so either ignore it or learn to love it,,,but by all means quit your incessant whining:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-14-2005 at 06:43 PM
Dirt eater

Are you saying the national parks in the u.s. are full of graffitti these days? I haven't been in a while.

Otherwise, I suggest you take a reading comprehension course.:light:
eetdrt88
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-14-2005 at 07:10 PM
no,actually what i'm saying is

why waste your time complaining about something you have no control over...i highly doubt that you or anyone for that matter is going to go around and start cleaning all this horrible graffiti that upsets you so much and since you have no way of stopping it in Baja or the U.S. i see no reason to complain about it....unless of course that is what you like to do:O:O
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-14-2005 at 07:20 PM
Any of the complaining/whining I do on here

is because I have already done something about it and am continueing to do so, personally . And so are many other people. Right at this moment, it is through this message board.

In fact, many people have been working on this for quite a few years, beginning with the education of the children and a whole lot more than that. This is just one more step in the right direction and fortunately, there are enough people that aren't quitters and serious about protecting the environment, that we are already seeing major progress in other areas. Before they become like Catavi?a.

There will always be a few who think nothing can be done. They are wrong.:light:
eetdrt88
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-14-2005 at 07:44 PM
and there will always be a few...

Quote:
Originally posted by jrbaja

There will always be a few who think nothing can be done. They are wrong.:light:
who dont have such a narrow-minded view of how things ought to be in"paradise"....I embrace Baja as it is,not how i think it should be or how some say it was 30 years ago....i am not suggesting people go out and start tagging,i am merely saying that what graffiti i do see in baja does not bother me
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-14-2005 at 08:49 PM
Do you work for

BFg by any chance? Or, do you do anything down here besides vacation?
And you never answered me about your feelings on graffitti in the u.s. national parks.
It's nice that it doesn't bother you I guess. But it bothers many of the people that live here. Mostly the Mexicans that aren't from somewhere else and the agencies that deal with it.
You by the way are part of a survey. How many of the gringos on a Baja message board actually care about the place they are lucky enough to be able to visit every now and then and how many feel like you do.

So far, enough caring people have replied that you will probably still be able to come here. Otherwise, they were thinking of limiting the tourism to Asians and Europeans, who actually do care about the environment of other countries.
eetdrt88
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-14-2005 at 09:12 PM
youre pure comedy bro...

Quote:
Originally posted by jrbaja
BFg by any chance? Or, do you do anything down here besides vacation?
And you never answered me about your feelings on graffitti in the u.s. national parks.
It's nice that it doesn't bother you I guess. But it bothers many of the people that live here. Mostly the Mexicans that aren't from somewhere else and the agencies that deal with it.
You by the way are part of a survey. How many of the gringos on a Baja message board actually care about the place they are lucky enough to be able to visit every now and then and how many feel like you do.

So far, enough caring people have replied that you will probably still be able to come here. Otherwise, they were thinking of limiting the tourism to Asians and Europeans, who actually do care about the environment of other countries.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Debra
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-14-2005 at 09:14 PM

Quote from JR: "How many of the gringos on a Baja message board actually care about the place they are lucky enough to be able to visit every now and then?"

Add to survey: 1

I have to ask though, Asians? Please don't 'flame" me, just asking...
eetdrt88
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-14-2005 at 09:34 PM

so do all those rocks and tree trunks in Baja that are painted white offend you to??? or are those ok because it wasnt the work of some evil graffiti artist:lol::lol::lol:
 Pages:  1  2    4

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.