Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4
Author: Subject: More on Graffitti
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 7-16-2005 at 04:34 PM
bigzaggin-----

At the risk of sounding like somebody who thinks he is a "saint", (or a dork) I have to tell you that I have never vandalized anything, ever, and as far as I know none of my friends, or kids, ever did either. This is a common belief of many, "that everybody does it", but it simply is not true-----it is an urban myth. Most folks don't vandalize, period, Thank God!!!
neilmac
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-16-2005 at 05:03 PM
Political ads

Seems like I used to see 'PRI' painted on every rock along the highway; do they still do it? Is it graffiti when the politicians do it?

Neil
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-16-2005 at 05:17 PM
Yes

eetdrt88
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-16-2005 at 05:24 PM
check out these pics...

http://orpheus.ucsd.edu/speccoll/baja/gulick/images/m91-35-1...
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-16-2005 at 05:58 PM
Only saw one

but pretty cool picture.
bigzaggin
Nomad

Mood: way too ites

[*] posted on 7-17-2005 at 09:18 AM
Barry A...

you sound like a saint...or maybe or you were never a bored suburbanite or maybe your folks put the fear of god into you.

But please don't think I'm saying, "Everyone does it therefore it's okay." Certainly the cops don't - and shouldn't - react that way. I'm just saying it's pretty common and probably inevitable for A LOT of precocious kids - like smoking weed, playing their car stereos too loud and bad haircuts.

Having grown up (some) my current graffiti practice is "wash me" and "I'm a kook" in the dust on friends' cars. :-)
A-OK
Nomad

Mood: faded

[*] posted on 7-17-2005 at 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bigzaggin

Having grown up (some) my current graffiti practice is "wash me" and "I'm a kook" in the dust on friends' cars. :-)

:lol: I'm guilty
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 7-17-2005 at 10:45 AM
Defenders of Destruction

The defense by many here of the disgusting and destructive habit of Graffiti as well as other acts performed by "precocious" children and others who have yet to grow up, simply confirms what I've noticed about many Touristas who visit over the years. For some reason, there are people who do not feel they're having a good time unless they are offending someone else. Their drunken loutish behaviour, their playing obscene ghetto Rap at intolerable levels, their indiscriminate use of offensive fireworks, their roaring through the camp ground at dangerous speeds, their scribbling defacing of public and private property. These are all symptoms of the same lack of character that defines a whole group of total jerks.
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-17-2005 at 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MrBillM
The defense by many here of the disgusting and destructive habit of Graffiti as well as other acts performed by "precocious" children and others who have yet to grow up, simply confirms what I've noticed about many Touristas who visit over the years. For some reason, there are people who do not feel they're having a good time unless they are offending someone else. Their drunken loutish behaviour, their playing obscene ghetto Rap at intolerable levels, their indiscriminate use of offensive fireworks, their roaring through the camp ground at dangerous speeds, their scribbling defacing of public and private property. These are all symptoms of the same lack of character that defines a whole group of total jerks.

And there are many more "jerk" categories. I blame humans.
bigzaggin
Nomad

Mood: way too ites

[*] posted on 7-17-2005 at 04:11 PM
Totally...

humans suck. They should be banished from Baja and elsewhere.

I'd be lying to say I didn't do some dumb things in Baja - when I was like, 15. But you grow up and learn better. Now I try my best to treat the place like a holy land and hope other visitors do the same.

But if you can't forgive the sins of a teenager, you certainly shouldn't have one and probably never were one.
eetdrt88
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-17-2005 at 04:42 PM
yea....

humans are terrible,,,especially the teenage humans,theyre the worst of the whole lot:lol:
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-18-2005 at 12:28 AM

It was fun and it was easier to get away with. No zero tolerance. What the hell's wrong with the kids today?:saint:

JR, still awaiting reply. Just like everyone else. I'll go after a couple more, Someone WILL listen.

[Edited on 7-18-2005 by Sharksbaja]
 Pages:  1  2    4

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.