BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: The Legacy continues
Eli
Super Nomad

Mood: Some times Observing, sometimes Oblivious.

[*] posted on 7-15-2005 at 09:26 AM
The Legacy continues

Although certainly sure of her proper style, ah but, in the tradition of tales of simple every day occurrences that turn into magic when told with a love for humanity, I proudly present to you this story written by Don Jimmy?s grand daughter, Tehroma.

Ya sabes, Feliz Cumple Anos Pop, I know you would have loved this little take on life. We sure do miss you!

...Once upon a time, there was a beautiful blue stroller and in this stroller, a lovely fairy princess, named Heidi, traveled up and down the bumpy and meandering roads of her Kingdom, Cabo Este.

Life was good, for Heidi and her stroller.

And then, one day, a dove landed.

She had heard of the magical adventures of Heidi and the beautiful blue stroller. She wished that she could travel the same roads, that Heidi had traveled.

Heidi, being the generous little girl that she is, and after much thought, decided to bequeath this marvelous invention to the newly landed little one.

Before saying good bye to her stroller, she sat down underneath a large Palo San Juan tree and put her arm around her stroller. She explained to her stroller that she was a big-little girl now and that it was time for another little girl to enjoy the same adventures she had.

The stroller was sad, because she loved Heidi and couldn't imagine life without her. But, she trusted Heidi and decided to be strong. Heidi wanted to share her joy with the little dove, and the stroller didn't want to let her down.

The beautiful blue stroller went to live with the little dove. At first, she was shy. She parked herself in a nice corner in the shade where she made herself comfortable while she waited to meet the little one.

She watched as big people came and went, but no little one. She started to worry, what if there is no little one? What if I am at the wrong house? Oh no! And I miss my Heidi so!

Ah! But, then, just before the stroller could shed a tear, she saw little Paloma and she knew she was at the right house!

Paloma smiled when she saw the beautiful blue stroller. She sat down, and buckled her seat belt, closed her eyes and made a wish, "I wish to travel up and down the bumpy and meandering roads of Cabo Este". Her wish came true, and off they went! Paloma clasped her little hands together and squealed in delight as she took in all the sights.

The beautiful blue stroller slept good that night. So did Paloma.

Life was good, for Paloma and her stroller.

Then one day, something odd happened. Two big people came to the house where Paloma and her stroller lived. They were carrying a large box. There was writing on the box. It read, 'Paloma only'. They were smiling and talking and before the beautiful blue stroller knew what had happened, there was another blue stroller!

How can that be?, thought the beautiful blue stroller.

I thought I was the only one, thought the beautiful blue stroller.

The new stroller was kind to the beautiful blue stroller. She said, "I know how much you miss your Heidi. I have come to be with Paloma, so that you can return to your kingdom, with Heidi the lovely fairy princess.

Oh, the beautiful blue stroller was so happy! For even though she thought Paloma was very sweet, nobody could take the place of Heidi in her heart.

And she waited for Heidi to come for her so that they could travel up and down the bumpy and meandering roads of Cabo Este, just like they had before the dove had landed.

Life was good, for Heidi and Paloma and their two beautiful blue strollers.
Mike Humfreville
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-15-2005 at 09:40 AM
Eli

Another heart touching story. It runs in your family.

If I may ask, how old was Tehroma when she wrote this?
Eli
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-15-2005 at 09:51 AM

Mike, she wrote it this week, she turned 30 this last Spring. Tehroma has spent the last couple of years writing construction contracts, this is the first tale I have seen of her's. Very, very sweet, I am so proud!
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 7-15-2005 at 11:05 AM

looks like she is wasting her time on construction contracts. ask her to write more things for us here on the Nomads.

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

Baja Bernie
`Normal` Nomad Correspondent

Mood: Just dancing through life

[*] posted on 7-15-2005 at 12:10 PM
Sara

A most fitting story to post on this anniversary of Don Jimmy's passing.

Please tell the people who Heidi, and Paloma just happen to be so that they realize that a fourth generation of slingers of ink are in the wings.

Compliments to Tehoma for a well said story.

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
Sallysouth
Super Nomad

Mood: missing Baja...

[*] posted on 7-15-2005 at 01:53 PM

Yes Sara, very sweet indeed.Tehroma has it in her genes, obviously! You think she may have some good stuff hidden away somewhere that she has'nt shown to anyone? I'll betcha she has!! Wonderful tribute to her Grammpa Jimmy...... Abrazos, Sally
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 7-15-2005 at 02:34 PM

nice Sara. She has Jimmy's spirit in her for sure.;)

Listen, we've decided to tour in Oct. Too hot for the Chicagoans now :oand i want them JAZZED :wow:when we come.

So, will you be back by then? Hope so. Can't wait to meet the staff and family. There will be 3 of us and since they will pay top buck we'll plan on a suite at the Las Palmas or maybe Del Sol for the jacuzzis.:coolup:

Tomorrow I am returning to Mulege to assist in an aircraft rescue which one of our docs grounded last week with ignition problems :owe couldn't safely rectify last sunday on the Sams trip. So - i will have "Don Jimmy" riding shotgun in my heart as this is the thing he used to do all the time.:lol:

take care.

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
Eli
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-15-2005 at 06:34 PM

Capt. Mike, Undoubtly Don Jimmy will be with you tomorrow, he loved to fly aircraft rescue, can't think of a place he would rather be. I will be home Oct. 15th, should be cool evenings crusing into Nov. by then, (which is the best).

O.k., Bernie, Paloma is Don Jimmy's great-grand daughter, born last March. And Heidi is a transplant into the East Cape. She was born up North, but has been in L.B. since she was 6 months old, and she is now going on six or so, so for sure she counts as a local now. She has Betty Davis eyes and has partisapated in all but one of the five Shakespeare plays that have been produced in the East Cape. So, I guess that qualifies her as an actress also. Actualy her Mother is a great beyond belief actress.

Sally Bruce, and Mike, glad for your comments, Tehroma checked into the forum for once and was encouraged by your comments.

Have a real pretty evening, Sara
lindsay
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-16-2005 at 10:30 AM

Very sweet story and after reading about the family connections, I'm sure that everyone is very touched by this legacy through writing. My daughter will be 5 next month but I have wonderful memories of her older cousins in Mulege navigating the town's streeets, curbs and some dirt roads with a trusty but now retired stroller. Thanks for bringing back some of those sweet days of toddler-dom.
Baja Bernie

[*] posted on 7-16-2005 at 03:54 PM
lindsay

Congrat's you are doing it! Happy for you and thanks.

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
Eli
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-16-2005 at 03:54 PM

Your welcome Lindsay, being in Mexico with a tyke is the best way to get to know folks. You are very lucky that you now and will always have family in Mulege because of Sara.

When she was a baby until she was 6 years old, I had many a wondrous adventure hauling Tehroma all over from Guaymas to Chiapas. Brillient memories, to say the least.

And now there are the grandkids, and doing theater work shop at the kinder. Life is good when you hang with little kids in Mexico. I expect also al otro lado too, now that I think of it.

Saludos, Sara
Baja Bernie

[*] posted on 7-16-2005 at 04:20 PM
Sara/lindsay

All over the world these little bundles of nothing open our eyes to what is possible and allow us to openly care about others.

lindsay
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-16-2005 at 09:04 PM

Sara and Baja Bernie,

I appreciate your thoughts and kids are a window onto a world of possibilities and energy that is unique. Before Sara's arrival in 2000, I can remember some amazing local kids who would come on fieldtrips to the museum or help with projects. One animated boy talking with his hands gave me his most vivid description of how his grandma made cheese at the family rancho when he pulled me over to the museum's display on wood cheese molds.

On our last trip in April, I saw the young boy again who is now about to enter the town's middle school. He smiled and asked if I was taking Sara up to the museum. I said sure if he wanted to come with us, we were just below the museum in front of Sara's aunt's home. He shook his head and his evebrows raised to let us know he was ready. At the bottom of the hillside steps leading up to the musuem, he told Sara to run and off they went racing up the 100+ steps. Once up top, the boy told Sara that he was her guide and took her straight for the ranching artifacts. Sara had been visiting the museum since she was a baby and added that they needed to look at the horse tack too. Over the next half hour or so, I watched the two make their way through the rooms, passing up some areas but agreeing on must-sees in other places...the petroglyphs, the whale bones, and an old dugout canoe.

We are fortunate when we get to witness another's creative energy and curiosity blossom. For me, I see a day down the road where Sara and this boy may cross paths at the museum as adults watching their own kids explore.
Eli
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-17-2005 at 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by lindsay
. For me, I see a day down the road where Sara and this boy may cross paths at the museum as adults watching their own kids explore.

Aye Lindsay, I can surly relate to that dream. Espero Dios mi das the chance to see the next generation full grown with kids of their own. I am so exicited about the future in their hands, I wanna see a bi-cultural Los Barriles in full bloom.

When I hang out at the kindergarden and see in each class a couple of tow head gringitos intrigated in here and there, I know we are entering a new era. It is my hope that they will be the ones to finally destroy the barriers.
Baja Bernie

[*] posted on 7-17-2005 at 09:44 AM
lindsay

You should get Sara to show you her picture collection--the ones of her with the school kids--she just glows!

lindsay
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-17-2005 at 09:19 PM

Sara, do you ever post photos in the photo section of the board? I've been meaning to...I think it's pretty easy if I have them on a CD-ROM, right?? I'm going to give it a try soon...

Hope you all had a nice weekend. We enjoyed the beach and the tidepools up here and the water felt great...here we're pushing 70 so for summer in SD that's prime. The Mulege relatives always shake their heads at us when we visit in the fall or winter and nadar en la Bahia. Grandma also laments about Sara getting la gripa and each time I reassure her that 70 degree water is summer water in SD. Then, her body shudders with a shiver as if she is being douced with this agua fria from el norte.

Cuidate

Lindsay
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-18-2005 at 04:46 PM
we're back, the rescue was difficult

but Don Jimmy WAS with us! i know it, kept us from leaving MMHO sun late with T storms to the norte - so we all (2 planes, 3 guys and one spirited spirit) headed to bahia kino for killer food at El PArgo Rojo and rooms at Hotel Saro.

check BBP for the report. I'm beat.

\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

Baja Bernie

[*] posted on 7-18-2005 at 05:49 PM
Captain M

Just how wonderful does it get? Don Jiommy must have loved it. Hope he got his share of the cerveza.

capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-19-2005 at 05:03 AM

am sure he did...we did too!

Eli
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-19-2005 at 02:40 PM

Mike, I am sure the ol Man's spirit flies high with you. So glad you remember him, this is what keeps him alive and with us, ya know.

Lindsey, I am computer simi-illiterate, haven't yet figured out how to shrink and post fotos, alas, so it goes.

Saludos, Sara

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.