Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Free Fishing
Osprey
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-17-2005 at 09:42 AM
Free Fishing

Free Fishing Club

I?d like to know if any board member would be interested in the concept of a Free Fishing Club. I?m thinking about starting one and just need to run the idea up the old flagpole.

The concept is simple: For an annual fee of $19.99 members would get a list (actually a book with thousands of entries) of places where they can Fish Free. Benefits would include indemnification against fishing charges: If a member were to be told they could not Fish Free at a location shown in the book they could call our home office (me) and I would set the matter straight with the illegal charge demanded by the wrong-headed opportunist.

Members would receive:
1. The Golden Book of Free Fishing Places
2. Membership Card
3. Window sticker for car/truck/boat/waders.
4. Guidebook with my phone number (or an answering device somewhere).

As a signup bonus for charter members I could reduce the price to $14.99. I believe memberships could have exceptional gift value. Imagine you have had some kind of disagreement with a board member on the Nomad forum; name calling, mud slinging, etc., etc., and now you are feeling conciliatory and/or contrite. What better way to hold out the hand of friendship.

Please let me know if you have any interest as I am anxious to put this plan into action if it has potential ? the membership fee has been set to provide the service free to all my board friends ? the fee pays only enough for membership services costs at commercial rates. Since no profit is foreseen I will not bother to file for Non Profit Tax status.

Your interest and/or advice will be greatly appreciated.

Osprey
yankeeirishman
Banned

[*] posted on 7-17-2005 at 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Osprey
Free Fishing Club

I?d like to know if any board member would be interested in the concept of a Free Fishing Club. I?m thinking about starting one and just need to run the idea up the old flagpole.

The concept is simple: For an annual fee of $19.99 members would get a list (actually a book with thousands of entries) of places where they can Fish Free. Benefits would include indemnification against fishing charges: If a member were to be told they could not Fish Free at a location shown in the book they could call our home office (me) and I would set the matter straight with the illegal charge demanded by the wrong-headed opportunist.

Members would receive:
1. The Golden Book of Free Fishing Places
2. Membership Card
3. Window sticker for car/truck/boat/waders.
4. Guidebook with my phone number (or an answering device somewhere).

As a signup bonus for charter members I could reduce the price to $14.99. I believe memberships could have exceptional gift value. Imagine you have had some kind of disagreement with a board member on the Nomad forum; name calling, mud slinging, etc., etc., and now you are feeling conciliatory and/or contrite. What better way to hold out the hand of friendship.

Please let me know if you have any interest as I am anxious to put this plan into action if it has potential ? the membership fee has been set to provide the service free to all my board friends ? the fee pays only enough for membership services costs at commercial rates. Since no profit is foreseen I will not bother to file for Non Profit Tax status.

Your interest and/or advice will be greatly appreciated.

Osprey

usa only?

Fish Free. what is this? Please detail the concept of free fishing.

What control freaks there are here. Don\'t believe that post you just read!
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

lol.gif posted on 7-17-2005 at 11:30 AM

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 7-17-2005 at 11:51 AM

Osprey I can only say I wish I had thought of that. That is much better than the Bamboo salt shakers.:lol::lol:

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

bajagrouper
Senior Nomad

Mood: happy and retired

[*] posted on 7-17-2005 at 12:19 PM

I'll tell you where you can fish for free all over Mexico for free...that's right ladies and gentlemen,not $19.99 or even $14.99 absolutely FREE...Any shore fishing is free,you don't even have to buy a license...

P.S. what's wrong with bamboo salt and pepper shakers,bruce?

I hear the whales song
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 7-17-2005 at 12:32 PM

I think it is a grate idea Osprey. if I buy 2 memberships can I catch twice as many free fish?:?:

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

fdt
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Yeah, what if it all goes right

[*] posted on 7-17-2005 at 12:54 PM

mr grouper:
La ley de pesca sais you do need a permit

CAPITULO II De las Concesiones, Permisos y Autorizaciones

ARTICULO 4o. Para realizar las actividades de captura, extracci?n y cultivo de los recursos que regula la presente Ley, se requiere de concesi?n, permiso o autorizaci?n seg?n corresponda, excepto para la pesca de consumo dom?stico que efect?en los residentes en las riberas y en las costas; la pesca deportivo - recreativa que se realice desde tierra y la acuacultura que se lleve a cabo en dep?sitos de agua que no sean jurisdicci?n federal.

ARTICULO 13. Los permisos para la pesca deportivo - recreativa se expedir?n a personas f?sicas nacionales o extranjeras. Se destinan exclusivamente a la pesca deportivo-recreativa, las especies que determine el Reglamento, dentro de una franja de 50 millas n?uticas, contadas a partir de la l?nea de base desde la cual se mide el mar territorial. No podr?n realizarse actividades de pesca distintas a las de investigaci?n sobre las especies destinadas a la pesca deportivo - recreativa en las ?reas de refugio que para ?stas pudiera establecer la Secretar?a de Pesca, en los t?rminos de la fracci?n IV del art?culo 3o. de la presente ley.
Osprey
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-17-2005 at 01:21 PM

FDT

Thanks. If I form this club you will be on the board of directors. You point out what I had assumed, that "many potential members would not know the basics about the cost of fishing -- would be unaware of the need to pay for permission in some countries, states, provinces, profectorates."
pokey
Nomad

Mood: sun burned

[*] posted on 7-17-2005 at 02:28 PM

When I first saw this post it made me wonder..."other than a license what isn't free?"

A guide cost $$ but they certainly aren't necessary. I've never had to actually pay to fish a section of lake, river, ocean so what isn't free about fishing. Fishing's low cost is one of the sports atrractions in my opinion.

Btw if your fishing from land in Mexico you don't need a license. I've been warned by the water federales in Ensenada not to fish in the town reservoir so many times that it's become a running joke between us. Incidentally they have never asked me for a license.

ART. 62.-La pesca deportivo-recreativa podr? efectuarse:

I. Desde tierra;

Il. A bordo de alguna embarcaci?n; y

III. De manera subacu?tica.

Quienes practiquen esta actividad desde tierra no requieren permiso, pero deber?n utilizar solamente las artes que autoriza este Reglamento y respetar las tallas m?nimas y l?mites de captura que se?ale la Secretar?a.

Los permisos para pesca deportivo-recreativa ser?n individuales e intransferibles

Keep Mexico weird
mike odell
Nomad

lol.gif posted on 7-17-2005 at 09:19 PM
Free fishing,Hot Damn!!!

Osprey,
Count me in as a charter member, Ill pay extra to fish Free!!
Damn boat, capt, deckie, tackle, diesel, maint, upkeep, torney
fees, licences, dingy boat, bouys, bait reciever, tips, BEER, sodas, food, This is kiccken me butt!!{and wallet} Give me
a chance to sign up please!! I know all the the spots to feesh
free, but help out with the above stuff!!

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.