Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: The REAL Baja
Paulina
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-17-2005 at 07:39 PM
the REAL baja

Real baja...
The place where I belong. The place where I began. The place where I'll end up.

The place where unpleasant smells are MORE than welcome, making me feel like I'm finally at home. Where the weight of humidity may slow down my locomotion, but forces me to smile at the same time as I feel the heaviness press against my body.

Where one must learn to slow down the pace of life because life will go on without you none the less.

The place where the cold desert nights force you hold conversations through chattering teeth as you sit around a campfire watching scorpions play kamikazi (sp?)with the fire as your tennis shoes melt into the rocks that encircle the inferno.

Where toes may freeze in the bottom of your sleeping bag, but they're still there in the morning.

The real baja is where you meet the smiling faces of the locals who over time can become your extendend family, the same people who will live in your heart even thousands of miles apart, who will visit you in your dreams long after they pass away.

The real baja is what you make it, as an individual. It's not the taco stand that will come and go. It's not the fishing spot that is on and off. It's not the physical, it's the mental.

We each make our own heaven and hell. My heaven lies south of the border. That's where my soul began and where it will end, eventually. That to me that is the real baja.

[Edited on 18-7-2005 by Paulina]

\"Well behaved women rarely make history.\" Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Bajaja

[*] posted on 7-17-2005 at 07:55 PM

For me Baja is, among many other things, some of the nicest people and best food on this planet.
mike odell
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-17-2005 at 11:04 PM
The really'really' Baja!

Some Moons ago I was going back and forth America North to
Baja South, and I had little time to dally,if I wan'ted to feesh,
So I would drive nonstop from Temecula to La Ribera, I would get to La Ribera in the small hours of daylight, see Mini Super Williams, stop and breath the sea air, and say to myself, Damn I'm home finally!! One more block to go and there is my trailer underneath the Palapa! Home was no longer to me, the US, southern Cal, or western Colo, Home was La Ribera, BCS MX!! Baja is HOME, moved down, and really never looked back!! And by the way, the Feeshing is still pretty damn good,as is life!!!
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-17-2005 at 11:08 PM

Is this a trick question? I can't explain an addiction, sorry.

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob H
JR.... 3,500+ posts.... WOW
You almost have as many as David K!
:wow:

DK is half the reason why:lol:

[Edited on 7-18-2005 by Sharksbaja]
Don Jorge
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-18-2005 at 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mike odell
Some Moons ago, see Mini Super Williams, stop and breath the sea air,

Buy a beer and flrt with Kity. Those were the days and that was the real Baja.

�And it never failed that during the dry years the people forgot about the rich years, and during the wet years they lost all memory of the dry years. It was always that way.�― John Steinbeck

"All models are wrong, but some are useful." George E.P. Box

"Nature bats last." Doug "Hayduke" Peac-ck
wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-18-2005 at 08:33 AM

The real Baja starts when you turn off on that dirt road. Roll down the windows; tie my hair up and a fine dust starts to cover the dashboard. You bumpity-bump along, skirting eroded ditches, spotting a rabbit, a coyote; finally coming to the destination which may be the blue, blue of a glassy cove (or the bottom of a canyon) ? and it?s all yours. Feel the sand, the salt air breeze, the sun?s just starting to go down, so everything takes on a gold-rimmed glow. Pull open a chair, pop the top off a Pacifico, and watch the golden glow turn to orange, then red. You look forward to the adventure that awaits manana. Life is good
Nicholita
Special Correspondent

Mood: Great! :bounce:

smile.gif posted on 7-18-2005 at 10:25 AM
REAL BAJA

Baja is all about the beauty of the land, the food and the people! Good Times! :bounce: Anyone remember this the Baja Cactus 2004? That was fun!!

[Edited on 7-18-2005 by Nicholita]
rpleger
Super Nomad

Mood: Was good.

[*] posted on 7-18-2005 at 10:58 AM

Taking the Ice House road over to San Juanico from Mulege for the day.

Picknic on playa Requeson.

Sitting in the shower with a fan blowing across you.

All of the above.

Richard on the Hill

*ABROAD*, adj. At war with savages and idiots. To be a Frenchman abroad is to
be miserable; to be an American abroad is to make others miserable.
-- Ambrose Bierce, _The Enlarged Devil\'s Dictionary_
eetdrt88
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-18-2005 at 03:17 PM
now that is an awesome description..

Quote:
Originally posted by wilderone
The real Baja starts when you turn off on that dirt road. Roll down the windows; tie my hair up and a fine dust starts to cover the dashboard. You bumpity-bump along, skirting eroded ditches, spotting a rabbit, a coyote; finally coming to the destination which may be the blue, blue of a glassy cove (or the bottom of a canyon) ? and it?s all yours. Feel the sand, the salt air breeze, the sun?s just starting to go down, so everything takes on a gold-rimmed glow. Pull open a chair, pop the top off a Pacifico, and watch the golden glow turn to orange, then red. You look forward to the adventure that awaits manana. Life is good
of baja:tumble::tumble:
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.