Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Baja Search and Rescue
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-18-2005 at 09:34 AM
Baja Search and Rescue

Now that I seem to have some time, I am finishing up the contact list for BSAR. I still need English speaking contacts who have phones, radios or a means of getting in touch.
If any of you who live down here are interested in being a contact for Baja Search and Rescue, please let me know and u2u your contact info. Muchas Gracias
BAJADICTO

[*] posted on 7-18-2005 at 09:41 AM

What is BSAR? From the name I can see it's some type of search and rescue service, but what exactly is it, and what is the main purpose.

Thank You,
Juan
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-18-2005 at 10:13 AM
We are headed to La Bufadora

right now but when I get back I will post details again. I couldn't find them in search.

BSAR is for contacts/communications throughout the peninsula of which I have over 6oo so far excluding the english speaking ones.
We get mechanics, parts, whatever necessary to get you back on the road in case of breakdown. Anywere.

Also for teaching the people about the environment, keeping it clean, etc.

Also for delivering school supplies and other needed items to the remote regions of Baja.
BAJADICTO

[*] posted on 7-18-2005 at 10:33 AM

Thank you jrbaja

I read about your Bamboo project. You are doing a wonderfull and pleasant deed. Hope everything comes out as planned.

I will be looking forward to the details when you return.

God Bless
yankeeirishman
Banned

[*] posted on 7-18-2005 at 05:01 PM
Mr Ace

Quote:
Originally posted by jrbaja
right now but when I get back I will post details again. I couldn't find them in search.

BSAR is for contacts/communications throughout the peninsula of which I have over 6oo so far excluding the english speaking ones.
We get mechanics, parts, whatever necessary to get you back on the road in case of breakdown. Anywere.

Also for teaching the people about the environment, keeping it clean, etc.

Also for delivering school supplies and other needed items to the remote regions of Baja.

Get out of here! Thats great jr! I had no idea that you were into such refinements for the fellow human. Where can I learn (in detail) of this Bajatasic organization? Again. jolly good for you ol' boy :cool:

What control freaks there are here. Don\'t believe that post you just read!
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-18-2005 at 05:22 PM
Start here

http://groups.msn.com/TheBajasBestGuidesPhotoAlbum
Corky1
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-18-2005 at 07:12 PM

This might be faster??
http://groups.msn.com/TheBajasBestGuidesPhotoAlbum/bajasearc...

Corky:lol:

\"Keep The Rubberside Down\"
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

lol.gif posted on 7-18-2005 at 09:14 PM
Thanks Corky

I will change the last part of that. I still don't know what to charge! But, I will start by finishing the contacts, and a few other details, and then decide whether to post the info. for free on a Baja message board, or some other idea.

Damn, I had to delete the whole story. When I have recuperated from my lenguado and camaron tomorrow, I will write it again.

[Edited on 7/19/2005 by jrbaja]
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-19-2005 at 11:17 AM
What's up

When we began exploring the peninsula in detail a few years ago, I began making a lot of friends in most all parts of Baja. And Baja being a small peninsula, most all of the locals either knew of each other, had met, or were related.

And they pretty much knew about each others current lives. I found this a little odd due to the remoteness of some of the ranchos/villages.

One reason is because of the big fiestas, another is because of the le?eros selling their wood in the cities, they would relay messages, and there are now phones and radios in most all areas.

Because of my travels, I became somewhat of a messenger between the pueblos. Sharing news, phone numbers, foods, sometimes taking folks from one rancho to visit another area.

Many of these folks had relatives scattered throughout the peninsula so after flitting around for a while, I decided it would be better to just go ahead and get contact information wherever it was possible. Including the best mechanics in the main places along the carretera and all other areas. I used to break down a lot so I got to know mechanics everywhere!

This list is pretty much complete and I am now adding english speaking contacts to as many areas as possible.

How it works. Having contacts throughout the peninsula allows for check-ins prior to going off road, phone communications from most all areas in Baja, easy access to ordering parts from the states if necessary, and the security of knowing that if you get lost or break down out in the middle of somewhere, you can either call someone or know that someone will come looking for you.:light:

We have also been making delivery trips to the mountains with school supplies, medicines, etc. and have been working with the locals as far as the benefits of growing bamboo for an income as well as graffitti and trash removal and environmental issues.

So, if you live in Baja, speak english and know your area, I would like to include you as a contact for your area.

Thanks to everyone who has already replied and it looks as if it will be a pretty complete book of contacts with a great networking system as well.:bounce:

[Edited on 7/19/2005 by jrbaja]

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.