Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: LORETO property
BAJADICTO

[*] posted on 7-20-2005 at 10:43 AM
LORETO property

Hello my fellow NOMADs

I currently own 2 pieces of land in San Felipe. However, I've been doing research on Loreto and it is beautiful. I am not only convinced by looking at pictures, but reading about the history, ecology, people, and current projects to preserve the culture and it's natural habitat. It does not sound like a bad place to buy land for vacationing and maybe even retiring. Can anyone point me to a good source where I can find good deals on land? Does anyone own land there? If so, what is the price range and how are the payment plans?

Thank You in advance
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-20-2005 at 10:54 AM
"and current projects to preserve the culture and it's natural habitat. "

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-20-2005 at 11:08 AM

Go ahead, slam another newie, Senior El Elite Bambozo (Anti-American) Nomad. Does it make you feel good...

Bajadicto: buy as much as you can afford, it is a beautiful place and a great investment... ignore the jealous.
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

lol.gif posted on 7-20-2005 at 11:34 AM
That wasn't slamming

It's just the way the coop groupers like to interpret it. And if it makes the coop happy to call me anti american, I expect nothing less from these mental giants.
But what I really am is anti "ugly american" which JZ and the grupo gallenas definitely fall into. All 6 of them!:lol:
wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-20-2005 at 11:43 AM

You should do a subject search on this message board for background; go to Loreto and look around and ask a lot of questions and talk to the "realtors" in town there (not the development pimps). Depending on your level of appreciation for the "real Baja" and the environment, you will come to your own conclusion about what is going on there.
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-20-2005 at 12:58 PM

Bambozo: the only thing you are good at is ruining this board by dominating it with your anti-American crap and slamming newbies or anyone for that matter who states something out of line with your thought process. Control freak, insecure, and jealous is what it translates to...
yankeeirishman
Banned

[*] posted on 7-20-2005 at 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BAJADICTO
Hello my fellow NOMADs

I currently own 2 pieces of land in San Felipe. However, I've been doing research on Loreto and it is beautiful. I am not only convinced by looking at pictures, but reading about the history, ecology, people, and current projects to preserve the culture and it's natural habitat. It does not sound like a bad place to buy land for vacationing and maybe even retiring. Can anyone point me to a good source where I can find good deals on land? Does anyone own land there? If so, what is the price range and how are the payment plans?

Thank You in advance

I buy/lease San Felipe non improved land. LMK if you are selling your sites. deno@gigo.com

What control freaks there are here. Don\'t believe that post you just read!
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-20-2005 at 01:10 PM
" Control freak, insecure, and jealous is what it translates to..."

Quite the intuitive guy that JZ.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
backninedan
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-20-2005 at 01:10 PM

Bajadicto, check your u2u
tehag
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-20-2005 at 02:32 PM
realtors

Some realtors are linked to this site:

http://www.loretogolf.net

[Edited on 7-21-2005 by tehag]
BAJADICTO

[*] posted on 7-20-2005 at 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by JZ
Go ahead, slam another newie, Senior El Elite Bambozo (Anti-American) Nomad. Does it make you feel good...

Bajadicto: buy as much as you can afford, it is a beautiful place and a great investment... ignore the jealous.

Thanks JZ. I am just expressing my PASSION for Baja and someday want to tell wonderfull stories and help others as most of you in this post do. I've been to the FONATUR site and they seem to talk about so many great plans they have for Baja (Loreto being one of the biggest). Maybe there is something I don't know about these big projects.
BAJADICTO

[*] posted on 7-20-2005 at 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by yankeeirishman
I buy/lease San Felipe non improved land. LMK if you are selling your sites. deno@gigo.com

I don't plan on selling my property soon but will sure let you know if things change.
I've seen a picture of one of your property's view, it was beautiful. From the view, I would say it is south of town; somewhere passing the marina.
One of my lots is next to Ramona Hotel, 2 blocks from the "Malecon". My brothers and I are currently utilizing it as a Parking Lot. We purchased it Jan. this year and I've been working it every major holiday so far. Spring Break was the busiest. Needs lots of work but the profit from the parking is helping.
Maybe I will see you there some time so we can have a few Margaritas and talk BAJA. :)
yankeeirishman
Banned

[*] posted on 7-20-2005 at 05:10 PM
right down from the trailer motel

Quote:
Quote:

I don't plan on selling my property soon but will sure let you know if things change.
I've seen a picture of one of your property's view, it was beautiful. From the view, I would say it is south of town; somewhere passing the marina.
One of my lots is next to Ramona Hotel, 2 blocks from the "Malecon". My brothers and I are currently utilizing it as a Parking Lot. We purchased it Jan. this year and I've been working it every major holiday so far. Spring Break was the busiest. Needs lots of work but the profit from the parking is helping.
Maybe I will see you there some time so we can have a few Margaritas and talk BAJA. :)

You're on the same street as the trailer motel? I think I know that lot. It's double size lot, yes? In town lots is what we looking at this coming Feb. I love that downtown, small, cozy, everyone knows everyone.

Hey...neverming the war here on your post...it happens to all of us :cool:
BAJADICTO

[*] posted on 7-21-2005 at 10:56 AM

Quote:
You're on the same street as the trailer motel? I think I know that lot. It's double size lot, yes? In town lots is what we looking at this coming Feb. I love that downtown, small, cozy, everyone knows everyone.

Yes. It is right across the empty lot that is sometimes used for the Fair. The neighbors are very nice people and I am getting to know the people in town many of which know my Mother (she was born in this once Fishing port in 1952). I have lots of fun listening to their stories on how abundant in fish San Felipe was and how it was in the past.
yankeeirishman
Banned

[*] posted on 7-21-2005 at 06:41 PM
dog!

Quote:
Quote:

Yes. It is right across the empty lot that is sometimes used for the Fair. The neighbors are very nice people and I am getting to know the people in town many of which know my Mother (she was born in this once Fishing port in 1952). I have lots of fun listening to their stories on how abundant in fish San Felipe was and how it was in the past.

Very nice buy! We looked at it too. That must had been you that shoved us outda the deal! :lol: Settled on something else. I hope you understand that you have a very good futures return on that twin lot. Premium indeed. Too bad you cant make a small self contained RV park there. Add a few trees, tables.
Don Alley
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-22-2005 at 09:45 AM

Loreto is nice. But be careful.

Fonatur: These people are strictly for high-end developments for foreigners. Contrary to any plans for "preserving the culture and it's natural habitat" Fonatur has a development plan to develop ALL of the region's beaches, preserving only cliffs, and turning Loreto into a big slum for workers from the mainland.

Loreto Bay talks about housing for their workers, but the current reality is old storefronts with newspaper over the window, and bedrolls on the floor in ultra high density "housing." No showers, no furniture. Two examplles are on Calle Juarez just west of the Pemex, another on Zapata near that Pemex. It's the beginning of the Fonatur plan to degrade the town in favor of exclusive "Authentic Mexican Villages" outside of town.

So far, despite feverish building at Loreto Bay, there is no visible evidence of any new "ecoscapes" or "sustainability." There are currently no public plans for sewage, and plans for water keep changing. No sign of any development of "sustainable" electric power. Power, water, sewer, trash collection, roads, security...will they keep their promises, or abandon the buyers to the mercy of the munincipality? When they try and sell you on the virtues of their straw-man "title insurance" ask if that title insurance protects you from a lack of water, power, sewage treatment, police protection, fire protection, etc.

Crime and security. Some suggested that the increased development could lead to more crime. It hasn't taken long. Hundreds of newly arrived single young men from the mainland are here for work at Loreto Bay. Crime has skyrocketed, with at least 12 break-ins at Nopolo in June alone.

Realators. Most are brand new here. I won't give specifics, but I have heard many bad things about one local high-profile realtor.

Prices have gone way up the last couple of years, but are still affordable. If you can acclimate to sound trucks, roosters, barking dogs, there are still reasonable and relatively secure deals for lots in town. Houses too, but most are tear-downs or nearly so.

edited for gramer and speling. :)

[Edited on 7-22-2005 by Don Alley]
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 7-22-2005 at 10:03 AM

nice report Don Alley please keep us posted on further developments.

"Authentic Mexican Villages" :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

flyfishinPam
Super Nomad

Mood: gone fishin'

[*] posted on 7-22-2005 at 11:59 AM
Don's report is 100% correct

Don can you U2U me?

I'm concerned about everything Don is saying as I'm a full time resident with a family. We're staying in Loreto and will have to live with whatever the municipio dishes out, but I'm concerned. The housing for the newly migrated workers and their lining the streets concerns me. I send off boats early in the morning (5 - 6:30am) and I see the guys, looking pretty rough all over town waiting for the bus to take them to the worksite. I worry about the young girls who need to walk by them to school during the same hours. They also hang out in front of my shop, as its also a bus stop, and sometimes I need to get in and out in the early morning past them. So far they've been very nice, but I worry about it still as usually I'm by myself.

The break-ins are escalating but they're not always the result of the newcomers, they are also a result of locals some of whom are well known by the authorities and continue to be set free to repeat the crime. The methanphetamine problem is huge here and this chit drug the major reason for these break-ins.

Loeto's problems with having enough water, power and sewer not to mention firefighting, medical and police services are increasing. Currently the city's water is shut off for about 24 hours each week. Brown-outs have been a daily occurance since the new development started (almost two years ago), and the current sewage system is at optimum operating capacity.

Loreto is one of the noisiest places I've ever experienced. The people here love noise or maybe they don't understand that its unnecessary and invasive-, driving megaphones announcing things so loud and distortedly that you can barely make out what they're saying in the first place, schools that have directors barking orders to the children all day long, the malecon and the car stereos- (during Easter Week they actually have the "loudest car stereo contest"), roosters and barking dogs everywhere, neighbors who have no regard for the peace of others blairing their music day and night. (I live outside of town and off the grid, so the lack of electricity has kept it quite up there, thank goodness.)

Despite these troubles I love living here for the beauty around us and for the fact that its a safe community for my small children. The education system here leaves something to be desierd but I will supplement with home schooling for my little ones.

I won't get into the work ethic of the locals, but its a big drawback.

Suerte
yankeeirishman
Banned

[*] posted on 7-22-2005 at 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by flyfishinPam
Don can you U2U me?

I'm concerned about everything Don is saying as I'm a full time resident with a family. We're staying in Loreto and will have to live with whatever the municipio dishes out, but I'm concerned. The housing for the newly migrated workers and their lining the streets concerns me. I send off boats early in the morning (5 - 6:30am) and I see the guys, looking pretty rough all over town waiting for the bus to take them to the worksite. I worry about the young girls who need to walk by them to school during the same hours. They also hang out in front of my shop, as its also a bus stop, and sometimes I need to get in and out in the early morning past them. So far they've been very nice, but I worry about it still as usually I'm by myself.

The break-ins are escalating but they're not always the result of the newcomers, they are also a result of locals some of whom are well known by the authorities and continue to be set free to repeat the crime. The methanphetamine problem is huge here and this chit drug the major reason for these break-ins.

Loeto's problems with having enough water, power and sewer not to mention firefighting, medical and police services are increasing. Currently the city's water is shut off for about 24 hours each week. Brown-outs have been a daily occurance since the new development started (almost two years ago), and the current sewage system is at optimum operating capacity.

Loreto is one of the noisiest places I've ever experienced. The people here love noise or maybe they don't understand that its unnecessary and invasive-, driving megaphones announcing things so loud and distortedly that you can barely make out what they're saying in the first place, schools that have directors barking orders to the children all day long, the malecon and the car stereos- (during Easter Week they actually have the "loudest car stereo contest"), roosters and barking dogs everywhere, neighbors who have no regard for the peace of others blairing their music day and night. (I live outside of town and off the grid, so the lack of electricity has kept it quite up there, thank goodness.)

Despite these troubles I love living here for the beauty around us and for the fact that its a safe community for my small children. The education system here leaves something to be desierd but I will supplement with home schooling for my little ones.

I won't get into the work ethic of the locals, but its a big drawback.

Suerte

Hunting season should be opened for these ear busting screams on wheels. San Felipe has them too. Sorry to say though...I can remember living in Arcadia , Ca as an 7 year old.....and that screams on wheels came down our street often. That's one thing in my life that I dont miss. The ex is the other thing. She screamed louder:lol:

What control freaks there are here. Don\'t believe that post you just read!
BAJADICTO

[*] posted on 7-22-2005 at 03:25 PM

Yes thanks for the info Don

Thank you as well for sharing your information Pam.

Sad to hear how such Big Projects seem to help, but eventually impair the peace.

I guess the same applies to San Felipe. I've been going to San Felo for the last 10 years. I remember how we could walk home from the Beach at 1 A.M with no worries of danger from "Malandrines" or even the "Policia". During the hot summers we would sleep outside with no worries. San Felipe is also growing fast and has many projects pending. There are also many workers that come from the mainland. I'll tell you what though, there is nothing more relieving and peaceful then going to BAJA. As soon as I pass the border, it feels as I leave the big load at behind. Everything is just so different and I love it.
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.